Author Topic: Me with Bob Chic and Darrem Charles  (Read 2316 times)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
Me with Bob Chic and Darrem Charles
« on: June 10, 2006, 07:41:58 PM »
YEP! I'm still an alien. This was at the Rochester NPC show today. The winner of the show was big like Sergio. Darrem's guest posing was great. Lots more pics to come!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
Re: Me with Bob Chic and Darrem Charles
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 08:22:24 PM »
Don't hate he is dressed very well. SO AM I!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 10:34:44 AM »

Does Regis Philbin know Bob raids his closet?

And what's with the "tie chain"?  Last time I saw one of those was 1986.  ::)

Yeah...it's 20 years later now and they're back in....maybe if you actually got out of the house and off the boards for a few minutes,you would see that theres also a whole world out there to see...

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 11:16:37 AM »
    I messed up. I can't put any more pictures because they were taken in high quality and are like 1.5MB each. Getbig only takes 300KB. So I'll talk about it. BELIEVE YOU ME Darrem was big.

There was an older guy competing who wore a trench coat, dark glasses and a fedora playing a mission impossible type message that was just a little too long. Anyway this guy looked awesome. He looked almost exactly like Vince Gironda's best pictures exept he had no legs. If he had legs he would have taken 2nd overall for certain. I think he won his class.

Another part of it was the teen competitors. One kid who's name was Alex Jimenez was insanely huge. His conditioning wasn't nearly as good as the next guy who was clearly still natural but he blew him away by miles with mass. When they posed down the smaller kid was trying to match the big guy pose for pose... I was like is he nuts? At least do poses to show definition. I think all teen competitions should be tested. Everybody knows that most over 21 competitors are on steroids but that's okay by me and by most people. but guys like 17 and 18 can't wait a little while longer?

Bob had a couple of good jokes. He indirectly called a female competitor a Keebler elf and had plenty of short jokes for Danny Padilla who still looks great and flexed his arm for a picture with me. crazy arms still. Darrem didn't answer any questions directly, wished everyone luck in future competitions, zzzz. But he did admit that Melvin Anthony is probably a better poser at this point.

One question. Maybe Bob can answer. The competition had very few competitors. People were winning their classes by default a couple of times. What's up with 12 judges? I mean these guys all get paid for such a small show. Can there be prize money for contestants even though it's not pro? When I played chess there was always cash prizes and people from nobodies to masters to grandmasters played in these tournaments.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 05:48:22 PM »
very cool that you got to meet them!
bodybuildersreality.com