Author Topic: HOPKINS WINS  (Read 2264 times)

MorningPoop

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • BOB CHIC..WORLDS BEST "OLDER' BODYBUIILDER.
HOPKINS WINS
« on: June 11, 2006, 12:12:37 AM »

RESULT
Hopkins upsets Tarver!
Former longtime middleweight champion Bernard Hopkins (47-4-1, 32 KOs) outpointed world light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver (24-4, 18 KOs) handily Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. After a slow first round, the 41-year-old Hopkins got the upper hand by connecting with lead rights in round two. The Hopkins attack picked up steam in round five when Tarver's glove touched the canvas resulting in Hopkins being credited with a knockdown. "The Executioner," who looked solid as a light heavyweight, took Tarver completely out of his game and consistently beat his foe to the punch. The last several rounds it appeared that Hopkins could have knocked out Tarver if he had chosen to step on the gas. Scores were 118-109 on all cards. The 37-year-old Tarver was surprisingly listless. Word is he lost as much as forty excess pounds after appearing in Rocky 7. In addition to losing the fight, Tarver lost a $250,000 bet with Hopkins that he would stop Hopkins within five rounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Despite unexpectedly claiming the light heavyweight title (he came in as a 3:1 underdog), Hopkins said he was still retiring.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earlier in the day, promoter Oscar De La Hoya cancelled a planned press conference to announce his next fight. "The Golden Boy" and his preferred opponent Floyd Mayweather Jr. are said to be so far apart in negotiations that any announcement would have been grossly premature.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Re: HOPKINS WINS
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 04:32:46 AM »
and once again, thanks for the spoiler  >:(
Scouser on Tour

DNewbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 12:13:50 PM »
I never understand you guys that get all pissed off when someone posts fight results??? I have a suggestion for you...

STAY OFF THE FRICKIN COMPUTER UNTIL YOU WATCH THE FIGHT.....

Not that difficult, is it?

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 01:12:53 PM »
get a grip of yourself idiot. the normal thing to do is make a title along the lines of

SPOILER!!! HOPKINS VsTARVER RESULT

not the fucking result itself
Scouser on Tour

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 02:54:02 PM »
get a grip of yourself idiot. the normal thing to do is make a title along the lines of

SPOILER!!! HOPKINS VsTARVER RESULT

not the fucking result itself
It was not a spoiler in the sense that it was shown over seas and it hit America in a different tome slot it was live so if you were not watching the fight in the first place then ohwell the fight is already over so it is not a spoiler just fight results

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 04:02:32 PM »
and once again, thanks for the spoiler  >:(

how can it be a spoiler ?

it's not like the fight was tape delayed anywhere ?

BTW I picked tarver to win a dull unanamous decision and once again I was wrong......

hopkins was near perfect last night

MorningPoop

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • BOB CHIC..WORLDS BEST "OLDER' BODYBUIILDER.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 08:11:55 PM »
Scimowser,,shut the fuck up you pussy ass little bitch. You should of watched the fight. It's over and I posted the results. Fucking DORK

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 12:45:40 PM »
Some people have to work shifts you fucking idiots, honestly get together some time and try to understand that not every single person in the world will be watching the fight LIVE!

dickheads
Scouser on Tour

Freakzilla_2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 02:07:38 PM »
Rocky 7? 

Monster incorrection.

Freak :-X

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 05:04:49 PM »
congrats to Hopkins one of my favorite fighters  ;D

I hope he fights again
RIP Bob Probert

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 08:55:59 AM »
Why for the love of whoever do you click on the thread if you don't want to know the results.You just "know" the results of the fight will be mentioned somewhere in the thread.

dr._squat

• Getbig II
  • Pass the Torch
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 09:16:05 AM »
Why for the love of whoever do you click on the thread if you don't want to know the results.You just "know" the results of the fight will be mentioned somewhere in the thread.

Thats the point he was making tho, the title of the thread is Hopkins Wins.  Put the title as something different than the result of the fight.
Absolute

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 09:25:35 AM »
shut up you cry baby fagets