Author Topic: PDI Press Release #11: Changes to Judging Procedures  (Read 6324 times)

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
PDI Press Release #11: Changes to Judging Procedures
« on: June 11, 2006, 05:15:19 PM »
For Immediate Release
June 12, 2006

PDI ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL CHANGES TO THE JUDGING PROCEDURE AT NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS

Pro Division Inc has announced a major change to the third round judging procedure that will commence at the NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS XXVII, Saturday, September 16th, at the Town Hall Theater in New York City. 

After the first two rounds in the afternoon, the athletes will pose in the evening in the inverse order of their placing after those two rounds. In effect, the athlete in 20th place will pose first, 19th place pose second, 18th place pose third, with the leader after the first two rounds posing last in the evening. The audience will be given the placing of the athletes as they enter the evening event.

“This is another major step to add excitement and anticipation to the audience for the evening presentation. When you compare this change to other sports, it is a very sensible move” states PDI Executive Judging Director John Calascione.

Pro Division CEO Wayne S. DeMilia adds “in no other sport is the best seen first. In Boxing, Pro Wrestling, Golf and Tennis the best are always last. We are just following what is logical and successful. This change will also heighten the expectation of the third round posing for the audience and isn’t that what the third round is for. The audience must be entertained for the entire evening event and this is just another change that will help insure that high level of entertainment. When you add this change to the previous adjustments to round three with two scores given in the round (one score for the physique presented and a second score for the entertainment value of the routine) we are progressing towards our target of Bodybuilding Entertainment at a level never before witnessed or achieved.”

PDI also announced a change in the scheduling of two of the Amateur Pro Qualifiers. The Western USA PDI Qualifier will now take place in the spring of 2007 the night before the PDI Los Angeles Pro event. The Southern USA PDI Qualifier will take place later in the fall of 2006 as part of a major MMA fight and expo.

These changes will result in stronger events for PDI and also allow Night of Champions in New York to be the inaugural Pro Division event. Anyone wishing to compete at the PDI Pro Qualifier in New York should contact the PDI office at 845-638-9290 or at prodivisioninc@yahoo.com .

Anyone wishing to purchase tickets for Night of Champions can do so in person at any Ticketmaster outlet in New York City, by calling Ticketmaster at 212-307-4100, through the web at www.ticketmaster.com/venue/24622  or through the PDI office at prodivisioninc@yahoo.com or 845-638-9290. 

JM

rocket

• Getbig V
Re: Just got this email...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 05:39:22 PM »
I bet that could be summarised into one sentence, until then I will keenly wait, refreshing the page every 15 seconds.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 05:46:48 PM »
A stylish NOC will start the PDI season instead of a few smaller qualifiers.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 05:49:52 PM »
Nice but they need to get a website up ASAP with downloadable forms and all information for athletes and fans.  Hire a webmaster and design company in India or something if their cash is tight.  They cant be serious with this yahoo email address stuff.  Let a sponsor cover the $1-$2k for the site.   
Oh...Monica!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 05:53:50 PM »
Nice but they need to get a website up ASAP with downloadable forms and all information for athletes and fans.  Hire a webmaster and design company in India or something if their cash is tight.  They cant be serious with this yahoo email address stuff.  Let a sponsor cover the $1-$2k for the site.   
u trying to bust the already spartan budget?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: PDI ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL CHANGES TO THE JUDGING
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 05:59:14 PM »
Its nice to hear about change but lets just simply start with getting the first show out the door.  .... ::)
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 06:03:32 PM »

Nah let 240 do it for 300 dolllars

240 will do anything for 300 dollars......anything... . ;D
A

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 06:06:43 PM »
Pro Division CEO Wayne S. DeMilia adds “in no other sport is the best seen first. In Boxing, Pro Wrestling, Golf and Tennis the best are always last.

Ahem.  Nascar and the Daytona.  Then again Nascar isn't a sport like bodybuilding.  ::) ;D
Ron Paul 2012

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 06:28:03 PM »
I met with Wayne today, the NOC sounds like it will be a very big turnout....wait till you see what Vince Taylor is gonna do.
The Florida and Nevada shows are going to be held at other times of the year, but the Qualifier the night before the NOC still stands. Wayne is focusing on the NOC weekend to kick off the PDI -

Vinny

ANIMAL

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 10:01:12 PM »
The funny thing about this new judging format.  Is that Wayne proposed this to the IFBB almost 15 years ago.  They said absolutely NO WAY.  It really makes the judging more excting and dramatic.  Even though the move of the two shows I think it is for the best.  Timiing is everything and Wayne all along should have made the NOC it's opening show.  He putting in allot of money to insure a great and entertaining night of Bodybuilding and it will be great. 

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 10:13:35 PM »
The funny thing about this new judging format.  Is that Wayne proposed this to the IFBB almost 15 years ago.  They said absolutely NO WAY.  It really makes the judging more excting and dramatic.  Even though the move of the two shows I think it is for the best.  Timiing is everything and Wayne all along should have made the NOC it's opening show.  He putting in allot of money to insure a great and entertaining night of Bodybuilding and it will be great. 

hey what's up bro, long time now talk. How's thing with ya old schooler! Still causing trouble with bears or what    8)
#

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 10:21:34 PM »
Yeah, but I'm sure they'd like a professional site.

Wayne has hired a very large company to design his website.  It is almost done.  The biggest problem is communication it seems.  Wayne and his partner make allot f changes and some of them are taking allot longer than anticipated.  you guys who say he doesn't have a website so the PDI must be fake are way wrong.  Could you imagine if Wayne waited for the website to be done before annouceing anything.  Shit the NOC would get no publicity.  No one would even know about the PDI.  Well, everyone is talking about the PDI whether good or bad they are talking, and the website isn't up yet.  Wait till it gets up.  This is not going to be a half assed piece of shit sight like the IFBB has which everyone agrees sucks bigtime.  This will have some great graphics, easy of navigation and be very informative.  Having a Yahoo account some of you are making it sound like the business is horseshit unless it has a domain email.  Servers go down all the time, Yahoo is so easy to use, very very reliable and easy to retrieve your email anywhere in the world.  I know one thing I use a yahoo account and I do very well financially.  SO don't knock it.  Hasn't hurt my business one bit and won't hurt Wayne one bit.

Nav still here man, glad you are back.  Chekc out the History Board.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 10:26:10 PM »
A BAD IDEA

If my name got called ahead of a cat that I was convinced I'd beaten

I wouldnt fuckin pose at all

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
Re: PDI Press Release #11: Changes to Judging Procedures
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 12:30:46 AM »
Congratulations, Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You get to pose first at the night show.

Enjoy your dish...

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 04:10:20 AM »
wouldn't it be kinda neat if they did the prejudgeing with one set of judges and the finals with another, no contact between the 2 sets of judges at all...
nasser=piece of shit

RHINO290

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 05:48:46 AM »

Wait till you see How the "Rhino" will Roll in...........It's gonna be cool.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 05:55:30 AM »
Wait till you see How the "Rhino" will Roll in...........It's gonna be cool.

Rhino is rolling on on 24's..oops was I supposed to let them know of this?

Anyway perhaps I am reading this wrong, but if the athletes will be posing at the night show from last to first, where is the element of surprise of the posedown with the top 5 athletes?

RHINO290

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 06:06:47 AM »
Rhino is rolling on on 24's..oops was I supposed to let them know of this?

Anyway perhaps I am reading this wrong, but if the athletes will be posing at the night show from last to first, where is the element of surprise of the posedown with the top 5 athletes?

Maybe I won't "roll" in, maybe I will "ride" in.....on my favorite animal.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 06:58:24 AM »
Maybe I won't "roll" in, maybe I will "ride" in.....on my favorite animal.

And what get big member will that be?

RHINO290

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 07:00:21 AM »
And what get big member will that be?

DOoooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 07:04:18 AM »
wait till you see what Vince Taylor is gonna do.

Eyepatch?

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 08:37:58 AM »
PDI also announced a change in the scheduling of two of the Amateur Pro Qualifiers. The Western USA PDI Qualifier will now take place in the spring of 2007 the night before the PDI Los Angeles Pro event. The Southern USA PDI Qualifier will take place later in the fall of 2006 as part of a major MMA fight and expo.

Translation: "We already f*cked up the qualifier shows, so we'll pretend they're going to happen after we see whether New York is a success or a failure."

Monster flying beneath the radar...

RHINO290

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 09:13:47 AM »
Congratulations, Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You get to pose first at the night show.

Um, yeah, okay. Get with the program, that non-sense ended, what seems to be years ago.

Sushi sucks, when it's spicy.....

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 10:19:09 AM »
Whoa, Jack, that is some comeback..."sushi sucks when it's spicy." You must have just killed 'em on the playground with material like that.

C'mon bro, you have to see the symmetry in all of this. You're the first guy to run to get out his crayons and write a "please, Mr. Demilia, I want to be a PDI pro" letter. You're the first guy to declare for the PDI and you'll be the first guy to pose at the first PDI show. Can't you see the symmetry in that?

Oops, I just remember seeing your photos. I realize symmetry is a completely foreign concept to ya.

My bad.
Enjoy your dish...

RHINO290

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 10:23:58 AM »
Whoa, Jack, that is some comeback..."sushi sucks when it's spicy." You must have just killed 'em on the playground with material like that.

C'mon bro, you have to see the symmetry in all of this. You're the first guy to run to get out his crayons and write a "please, Mr. Demilia, I want to be a PDI pro" letter. You're the first guy to declare for the PDI and you'll be the first guy to pose at the first PDI show. Can't you see the symmetry in that?

Oops, I just remember seeing your photos. I realize symmetry is a completely foreign concept to ya.

My bad.

Okay, you win that one, good comeback, very good. One point:spicy sushi.

Oh wait, symmetry may be foreign to me, but size, quality, dieting, training, and everything else is foreign to you....