Author Topic: 2006 Arnold: Phil Heath vs. Darrem Charles  (Read 4073 times)

abz

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
2006 Arnold: Phil Heath vs. Darrem Charles
« on: June 12, 2006, 05:59:32 PM »

These two are going to bypass the Olympia and go for the Arnold. Another rematch in which Phil will probably win again.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: 2006 Arnold: Phil Heath vs. Darrem Charles
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 08:20:28 PM »
No disrespect to Darrem but Phil's beat him twice. I think the bigger match up is Dex vs. Heath.

I'll take Heath as the ASC 2007 Champ.

Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 08:37:32 PM »
Dont see it happening if he doesnt address the width issue and his chest.  If Yates gets Chris dry...he may show up next yr in Columbus.  Jay might make a stop.  He did well beating Charles at the NY and Shawn shows... but the big guns were not there.  Has Charles ever placed top 6 at the A or O?  BTW....Dennis has an O top 6 but he is too up and down.
Care to place your bet now? Many people said they didn't see him winning Jr. Nationals, USAs, Colorado Pro and New York...

If If If - lots of Ifs but one thing has been proven - Heath delivers.

Elevate Your Image.™

larger_format

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 02:32:32 PM »
Don't forget they'll be new kids on the block by the time THE ARNOLD swings around
Two PROS from the USAs + The National(s) class winners and the overall of the NORTH AMERICAS....

There may well be another "Phil Heath" that comes out of nowhere

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 02:37:31 PM »
Care to place your bet now? Many people said they didn't see him winning Jr. Nationals, USAs, Colorado Pro and New York...

Heath delivers. That's funny. Sure, he looked great in the spring shows...against Darrem Charles. Let's see him up against the top 5 before we crown him ASC champ for next year.

You are getting ahead of yourself with the Heath bandwagon thing. Just my opinion though

Stavios

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 02:53:52 PM »

I couldn't have said it better

Team Heath 2006

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 10:00:43 PM »
No disrespect to Darrem but Phil's beat him twice. I think the bigger match up is Dex vs. Heath.

I'll take Heath as the ASC 2007 Champ.

I'm with you bro!!!  Phil all the way!!! ;D

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 10:24:20 PM »
u guys are fooling urself. Heath will look flat standing next to Dexter, let alone other guys like Chris Cormier and Jay Cutler.

Imagine Darrem Charles standing next to those guys. And Heath isn't much thicker than Darrem.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 10:27:53 PM »
u guys are fooling urself. Heath will look flat standing next to Dexter, let alone other guys like Chris Cormier and Jay Cutler.

Imagine Darrem Charles standing next to those guys. And Heath isn't much thicker than Darrem.
What year are you in bro?

Jay hasn't done the ASC for the past 2 years and doubtful he will again. Cormier - his time has long past.

Elevate Your Image.™

Stavios

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 09:11:41 AM »
What year are you in bro?

Jay hasn't done the ASC for the past 2 years and doubtful he will again. Cormier - his time has long past.

Lift, as the leader of the Team Heat 2006, even I have to admit that RIGHT NOW Phil can't take dexter out.

He still need more mass ( like 10 pounds heavier) and better conditionning. Not that he was off this year but his condition wasn't as good as dexter's of branch's.

maybe he can achieve this for next year

TEAM HEAT 2007.................... ........ BABY !!!

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 09:15:42 AM »
These two are going to bypass the Olympia and go for the Arnold. Another rematch in which Phil will probably win again.

Phil's a smart guy, and besides being very gifted for bodybuilding he seems to have the focus to take this all the way.   A lot of guys would jump at the chance at being on an Olympia stage and I believe his strategy of postponing that will prove to be one of the best career choices he'll ever make.

NOTHING STOPS THE HEATH!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 09:20:16 AM »
Lift, as the leader of the Team Heat 2006, even I have to admit that RIGHT NOW Phil can't take dexter out.

He still need more mass ( like 10 pounds heavier) and better conditionning. Not that he was off this year but his condition wasn't as good as dexter's of branch's.

maybe he can achieve this for next year

TEAM HEAT 2007.................... ........ BABY !!!

We're not comparing them now - I've seen what Phil can do with rest and an offseason... Which is why I will stand by my thought he will be ASC champ in '07 when they are compared.
Elevate Your Image.™

Stavios

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 09:28:38 AM »
We're not comparing them now - I've seen what Phil can do with rest and an offseason... Which is why I will stand by my thought he will be ASC champ in '07 when they are compared.

Very true, Phil has the best genetics since flex wheeler.

Phil, if you are reading this, are you attending the Montreal pro show ?

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 09:35:22 AM »
Very true, Phil has the best genetics since flex wheeler.

Phil, if you are reading this, are you attending the Montreal pro show ?

I'd like to and have really thought about it as one of my friends is competing, but I'm just not sure yet bro! I'll PM ya if I'm going ok.

Stavios

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 09:36:50 AM »
I'd like to and have really thought about it as one of my friends is competing, but I'm just not sure yet bro! I'll PM ya if I'm going ok.

Cool ! Thanks  :)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 09:42:11 AM »
Its obvious Phil has momentum to go undefeated in your rookie debut is extremly impressive I think he'll compare very well to Dex he already has an edge on height and that counts in this sport , he's doing the right thing in my opinion by taking a while off to improve 2007 Arnold is realistically in his reach even with Dex the Olympia he might get lost behind the big boys but if Coleman retires after 9 they may be looking for somthing else and maybe just maybe Phil could be the direction the sport would want to learn towards , on the radio show with Dan he said that Cutler is a mentor of his somewhat imagine Jay waiting for years to claim the O when Ronnie decides he's had eough and Phil scoops it up and Jay gets second again lol talk about drama !! I'm very impressed with Phil he has a great phsyique and he seems like he has a great head on his shoulders , I'll join Team-Heath .

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 09:49:24 AM »
Its obvious Phil has momentum to go undefeated in your rookie debut is extremly impressive I think he'll compare very well to Dex he already has an edge on height and that counts in this sport , he's doing the right thing in my opinion by taking a while off to improve 2007 Arnold is realistically in his reach even with Dex the Olympia he might get lost behind the big boys but if Coleman retires after 9 they may be looking for somthing else and maybe just maybe Phil could be the direction the sport would want to learn towards , on the radio show with Dan he said that Cutler is a mentor of his somewhat imagine Jay waiting for years to claim the O when Ronnie decides he's had eough and Phil scoops it up and Jay gets second again lol talk about drama !! I'm very impressed with Phil he has a great phsyique and he seems like he has a great head on his shoulders , I'll join Team-Heath .

Heath his greater than Dorian! ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 09:58:09 AM »

Heath his greater than Dorian! ;D

In his rookie debut he is  ;) and just think he's already tied Shawn Ray for career wins  :)