Author Topic: 240 Threads vs King Kamali - What happened?  (Read 53600 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Settle Your Differences Like A Man 240
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2006, 07:03:10 PM »
No such thing.

I beg to differ. My students spar all the time. No one ever got arrested. I know its apples to oranges, but it can be arranged.
E

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2006, 07:24:07 PM »
It could happen with these guys:
They bring in bums, sometimes guys who've never even worn a pair of gloves. Occasionaly they'll mention one guy is fighting his school bully or something. Or biker vs cowboy, blah blah.
http://www.soyouwannafight.com/
T

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2006, 07:26:22 PM »
I beg to differ. My students spar all the time. No one ever got arrested. I know its apples to oranges, but it can be arranged.
Kimbo vs Gannon. They both referred to it as a bareknuckled sparring match. Gannon was suspended from his police force, but I'm pretty sure there were no criminal charges.
T

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2006, 07:27:49 PM »
Sharry would be perfect for bumfights ;)
E

thisiskeith12

« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2006, 07:41:24 PM »
This whole thing is a joke. You think Michael Vick threatened to sue or fight any of the fans that showed up to the Falcon games with "Ron Mexico" signs and jerseys?!?!

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2006, 07:43:58 PM »
This whole thing is a joke. You think Michael Vick threatened to sue or fight any of the fans that showed up to the Falcon games with "Ron Mexico" signs and jerseys?!?!

you saying Sharry gave 240 herpes?
E

thisiskeith12

« Reply #181 on: June 13, 2006, 08:06:38 PM »
you saying Sharry gave 240 herpes?

No, I'm saying with the backlash and heat Vick got, he never threatened to sue any fans. Kamali's getting a little heat on a message board and he can't take it.

LifterChick

« Reply #182 on: June 13, 2006, 08:08:52 PM »
240 buy yourself a case of coke and "go for it".  How many do you think you may have to "spill"?

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
240 Threads re King Kamali incident
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2006, 08:40:40 PM »

If KK is stupid enough to sue you there is no law that says you have to answer the complaint.  If you ignore it and he presses it the judge will somehow assess damages (I'd like to on what grounds - that would interesting) and then issue a judgement against you in absentia.  If you ever amass any wealth afterward, just make sure you contain  it within an LLC.  If you have nothing KK will get nothing. He'll just end up with a bunch of legal expenses.  Don't back down!!!!!!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Re: 240 get a grip!
« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2006, 08:41:43 PM »
Not to mention that homes in Florida are judgment-proof. Just ask OJ!

Special "Inside Her Trading" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2006, 08:44:10 PM »

If KK is stupid enough to sue you there is no law that says you have to answer the complaint.  If you ignore it and he presses it the judge will somehow assess damages (I'd like to on what grounds - that would interesting) and then issue a judgement against you in absentia.  If you ever amass any wealth afterward, just make sure you contain  it within an LLC.  If you have nothing KK will get nothing. He'll just end up with a bunch of legal expenses.  Don't back down!!!!!!

I actually wanted to see if Tre could set up a webcam for the 240/Kamali trial.  Imagine the plantiff being forced to list every owning/insult I've ever posted here.  Then, the defense would have to try to convince the jury that these statements were actually true.  

The entire produciton would be deliverd on a tasteful, lustfully-lit webcam (brought to you by tre) and a $300 website :)

LifterChick

« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2006, 08:45:48 PM »

King already got evrything he wanted.  A quiet Rob.
BUT
if he did sue, it would be a long time before it ever went to court.  The expensive part is the preperation for the court case.  Just imagine the hours and costs if he just printed pages of Getbig posts.  Both sides would have to review the content and at about $300.00 an hour, it is sure as hell going to one of the two in the case.  Which do you think can afford this?

Just got to love the American Court system   >:(

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2006, 08:46:20 PM »
240, are u trying to say that "King" Kamali realy is an Iranian terrorist?
follow the arrows

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2006, 08:48:26 PM »
While that would be fun, it wouldn't happen.  Civil cases are based on damages.  Did you damage Tamali's career, and if you did, by how much?  Then he could add punitive damages.  But, in order for KK to prevail he would have to prove that 240 did ireperable harm to his earning ability.  Having your feeling hurt is not the basis to award damages in a civil suit.

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2006, 08:50:18 PM »
King already got evrything he wanted.  A quiet Rob.
BUT
if he did sue, it would be a long time before it ever went to court.  The expensive part is the preperation for the court case.  Just imagine the hours and costs if he just printed pages of Getbig posts.  Both sides would have to review the content and at about $300.00 an hour, it is sure as hell going to one of the two in the case.  Which do you think can afford this?

Just got to love the American Court system   >:(

240 doesn't have to answer the complaint.  Let KK fight it and see if he gets a judgement against 240. 

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
240 more popular than Kamali
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2006, 08:52:59 PM »
Congrats!  240!  More people are talking about you than the king!

LifterChick

« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2006, 08:54:32 PM »
240 doesn't have to answer the complaint.  Let KK fight it and see if he gets a judgement against 240. 

Effective but very risky, wouldn't you think.  All it needs is some sympathetic judge and without any contest from Rob.  KK's Lawyer can bounce the case around until they get the one they want.

Honestly I really don't think anything is going to happen though, except Rob is going to play nice for a while.
Which maybe boring to some, it will be refreshing to others.  Either way this was the only thing that brought me out of my "sulking in my tent" to post once again.  That alone should be reason to hate on Rob

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2006, 08:59:25 PM »
Random thoughts:

1) King regularly guestposes and has endorsements - no damage done
2) King has arguably done more to hurt himself than I have
3) Statute of limitations on libel is a year.  All the good stuff was 18 months+
4) King is a public figure
5) Show up at my door, and I will defend myself with force
6) Creative satire is an American freedom
7) I'm fresh outta college with zero real assets
8) He threatened me
9) A restraining order on him could mean really bad news if any gear in the house
10) Suing someone, after you cannot scare them with physical threats, is silly.
11) King lives in NY.  Getbig publishes in Cali.  I live in FL.  Good luck.
12) Oh, king called me a racist and a woman basher, by name, on the radio show
13) many more reasons that i'm sure members here can think of...

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2006, 09:06:34 PM »
Effective but very risky, wouldn't you think.  All it needs is some sympathetic judge and without any contest from Rob.  KK's Lawyer can bounce the case around until they get the one they want.

Honestly I really don't think anything is going to happen though, except Rob is going to play nice for a while.
Which maybe boring to some, it will be refreshing to others.  Either way this was the only thing that brought me out of my "sulking in my tent" to post once again.  That alone should be reason to hate on Rob

I know you're playing but I'll say this anyway. Kamali would have to show damages. He hasn't been damaged in anyway, well other than the damage he's done to himself. Yes, he could sue 240 but in all honesty 240 could just ignore the summons and nothing would ever come of it.

This whole lawsuit and going to jail thing is ridiculous.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #194 on: June 13, 2006, 09:07:21 PM »
14) Worldwide Reign at:  http://www.kingkamali.com
Elevate Your Image.™

LifterChick

« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2006, 09:13:16 PM »
I know you're playing but I'll say this anyway. Kamali would have to show damages. He hasn't been damaged in anyway, well other than the damage he's done to himself. Yes, he could sue 240 but in all honesty 240 could just ignore the summons and nothing would ever come of it.

This whole lawsuit and going to jail thing is ridiculous.

100% correct.  There is absolutely zero potential for jail time for this.

but you are far more fun when we are arguing.

Bast175

« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2006, 09:14:48 PM »
King Kamali has long been suspected of turd burglary.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2006, 09:17:55 PM »
I need a name for my soon-to-be-born son...

How about...

A BOY NAMED SUE

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2006, 09:24:12 PM »
100% correct.  There is absolutely zero potential for jail time for this.

but you are far more fun when we are arguing.

To an extent buy you don't get angry enough. I've only sensed anger in your posts once, that's a world record. I usually piss people off more than that. It would be more fun if you kicked and screamed a little more.

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #199 on: June 13, 2006, 09:31:29 PM »
So, it is settled then.  240, more on the king!!!  I'm getting board :'(