Author Topic: Define "Fans of Bodybuilding" ??  (Read 4946 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Define "Fans of Bodybuilding" ??
« on: June 13, 2006, 06:52:47 AM »
How come if you criticize or just plain out disagree with the lifestyles of these pros in any way, those people are not "Fans of bodybuilding ??"

Does saying that you look good bro, your dialed in, I love your workout tape, are those the only things FANS can say ???

Maybe all the negativity is used to push the industry in a more positive direction, cause we all know what ever they are doing now isnt working ... but arent true fans going to want to see progress made or just let the 'sport' disentigrate ?

And I'm specifically talking to the " 9 to 10 people who control these boards" ... Are you a fan ? Or did we just wake up one day , picked a genre , any genre (it could of been a board on pugs) and just hate for the sake of hating ....

Discuss...
L

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Define "Fans of Bodybuilding" ??
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 07:19:25 AM »
How come if you criticize or just plain out disagree with the lifestyles of these pros in any way, those people are not "Fans of bodybuilding ??"

Does saying that you look good bro, your dialed in, I love your workout tape, are those the only things FANS can say ???

Maybe all the negativity is used to push the industry in a more positive direction, cause we all know what ever they are doing now isnt working ... but arent true fans going to want to see progress made or just let the 'sport' disentigrate ?

And I'm specifically talking to the " 9 to 10 people who control these boards" ... Are you a fan ? Or did we just wake up one day , picked a genre , any genre (it could of been a board on pugs) and just hate for the sake of hating ....

Discuss...

Basically according to Bob Chic and Kamali half the people on this board are not fans? Go figure.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 07:31:28 AM »
i try not to say anything negative about bodybuilding cause the general public is doing a good enough job already.i try to support bodybuilding the best i can
R

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 07:42:01 AM »
One can be a fan of particular bodybuilders without being a fan of the pro bodybuilding lifestyle.  I can certainly admire the work ethic it takes to look like Ronnie, Jay, etc.  But when you have to take enough drugs to kill a dozen race horses in order to excel in the sport, I'm not so sure that is something I can envy.  I've enjoyed bodybuilding forever, but I'm also concerned that many of the pros are shaving off many years of their lives. 

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 08:00:37 AM »
What's weird is most complain about things now and not how they used to be ???

So where is the problem coming from ::)
I

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 08:05:05 AM »
What's weird is most complain about things now and not how they used to be ???

So where is the problem coming from ::)

Not sure.  It's certainly been debated countless times.  Some say the fans because we want the mass monsters to triumph.  Others blame the judges who reward the mass monsters thus causing the fans to fall in line.  Others say the sport is evolving and more and more mass is inevitable.  I can see all sides, so I have no answers.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 08:29:07 AM »
I am not going to blow some pro to make him feel better about his choices.

Pros like Kamali come on here expecting us all to get out our kneepads and to tell them how great he is.

His reputation is something that makes us dislike him as a person (maybe I am speaking only for myself here though) and it is only natural people say crappy things about how he looks. He may have looked good at one point, but, his "marketing strategy" has alienated most potential fans and he behaves like a child when treated accordingly.

I remember King wishing AIDS on people here. You can't come back from that.

It isn't that we aren't fans of bodybuilding. We just aren't fans of him or his physique and he was given a giant soother in the form of a radio to make himself feel better.

RHINO290

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 08:38:43 AM »

Discuss...

I'm am a fan. In all aspects. Pro or not, if you walk the walk, I have respect. Even when i hear what I don't want to, I still respect the opinion.

I agree about haters, enough people hate us, we don't need to be hating on each other.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 08:40:26 AM »
I'm am a fan. In all aspects. Pro or not, if you walk the walk, I have respect. Even when i hear what I don't want to, I still respect the opinion.

I agree about haters, enough people hate us, we don't need to be hating on each other.

I agree 100%, but, Rhino you don't come on here thinking you are better than everyone and speaking down to anyone on here. You also admitted to taking these boards too seriously at one point and have mellowed. You are a pro worth being a fan of. In all honesty, I was embarassed for people like you when King went on that show.

RHINO290

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 08:46:28 AM »
I agree 100%, but, Rhino you don't come on here thinking you are better than everyone and speaking down to anyone on here. You also admitted to taking these boards too seriously at one point and have mellowed. You are a pro worth being a fan of. In all honesty, I was embarassed for people like you when King went on that show.

Thanks, I apreciate it... The difference? I learn from my mistakes and am man enough to admit when I am wrong.

Some never learn.......

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 09:14:21 AM »
Basically according to Bob Chic and Kamali half the people on this board are not fans? Go figure.

::)

RHINO290

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 09:18:41 AM »
::)

I keep putting up a thread, and someone keeps deleting it. what can I do?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 09:21:42 AM »
I was bout to vomit from all the man on man luv being exchanged on the show last night ....

-Isnt that right Bob, You got it there uh King, right on the money ...
-This guy know the most about BB, well other than Bob ...
-Bob wins a pro show  ::) and gets the most ish he has ever gotten! (bob) tell me about it brutha!!
L

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »
To answer the WHEN WILL PRO ATHLETES STOP GETTIN BASHED ...

When JJ redick doesnt get caught with a DWI
When Ben Rothleisberger decides to wear a helmut
When the Vikings stop inviting stripperson booze cruises
When OJ ... you get the point
L

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 09:54:05 AM »
 instead of bashing our own sport and its competetors maybe we can show alittle more support to the guys who deserve it like vinnie,rhino and the other bodybuilders that are down to earth guys, trust me though im all for ripping on a bodybuilder who is a total prick,they dont deserve our support and wont get it from me.nothing wrong with some constructive critisizing imo but theres a right way and a wrong way to go about it
R

RHINO290

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 09:56:03 AM »
instead of bashing our own sport and its competetors maybe we can show alittle more support to the guys who deserve it like vinnie,rhino and the other bodybuilders that are down to earth guys, trust me though im all for ripping on a bodybuilder who is a total prick,they dont deserve our support and wont get it from me.nothing wrong with some constructive critisizing imo but theres a right way and a wrong way to go about it

Thanks, Oh, I tried starting a thread " Rhino being sued" (LOL) but it got erased. I have decided to sue myself, for sexual harassment(LOL)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 11:42:13 AM »
I'd rather show a picture of the typical Getbig fan

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 11:56:40 AM »
I'd rather show a picture of the typical Getbig fan

Where did you find that?  I hope that pic is photoshopped

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 12:18:29 PM »

thats my high school pic,how did you find it?
R

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 01:02:57 PM »

That pic isn't shopped. Apparently he is a sexual offender somewhere. I think his name is Brian Pepper or something. Last name is definetly Pepper though.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 01:16:22 PM »
That pic isn't shopped. Apparently he is a sexual offender somewhere. I think his name is Brian Pepper or something. Last name is definetly Pepper though.

Looks like someone beat him across the face with a belt, nice strap marks

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 01:22:15 PM »
that kid actually posts here

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 01:23:04 PM »

THAT IS CLASSIC ;D ;D ;D

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 06:35:08 PM »
Thanks, Oh, I tried starting a thread " Rhino being sued" (LOL) but it got erased. I have decided to sue myself, for sexual harassment(LOL)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This is why people like Jack and Vinnie, and so many of the other pros get respect. They are genuine people. Kamali is being a a jackass. You can't take this board overly seriously. It's gossip and opinion and if someone wants to put forward their opinion on you then they have every right to. King only brings the hate upon himself.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 06:47:52 PM »

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
HAHA, RON.....