Author Topic: soccer players  (Read 19962 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: soccer players
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 02:33:22 PM »

Never! If a US team could be ranked fifth in your tournament without people giving 2 shits about soccer in the states I assume we could bring alot better team if it really caught on.

they are ranked 5th true. tho rankings are based on who u play and who is in ur fifa region. ie north america and centeral america. shit countries therefore they are best outta them and high rankings.

bast the best teams are aloowed an off day.

Bast175

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 02:33:28 PM »
There's more to life than having 18" inch ripped arms.   

Soccer Players get more pussy/money/fame/respect that you can ever dream of.

not to mention soccer will get your heart in excellent shape, can't say that about pro bodybuilding.

body88

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 02:36:04 PM »
I agree. My mistake i thought they where fifth in the standing... We suck :-[

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 02:37:38 PM »
lol no still good achievemnet for a fairly new football nation. reached 1/4 final in 2002.

body88

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 02:47:25 PM »
My girlfriend of years back in college was Greek. her father used to make me watch greek soccer games ( in greek) for hours. When they won the Euro cup a few years ago I had to go to a soccer party lol.

I respect those guys for the amount of endurance they have to have!

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 02:51:35 PM »
Goudy, i disagree with you, Luca Toni is a very good striker, strong, tall, excellent header, needs little time and space te get in a shot (very much like Batistuta). He made 31 goals in the Series A, these Italian defenders are among the best and toughest in the world and the teams generally play a very defensive game, waiting for a counter. No, Luca Toni is a very good striker, as good as Arjen Robben is a winger hehe.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 02:52:41 PM »
wasit panathankiaos? green shirts. yea a football pict is big. usually maybe 120yards x 70yards. tho they differ.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 02:53:41 PM »
Goudy, i disagree with you, Luca Toni is a very good striker, strong, tall, excellent header, needs little time and space te get in a shot (very much like Batistuta). He made 31 goals in the Series A, these Italian defenders are among the best and toughest in the world and the teams generally play a very defensive game, waiting for a counter. No, Luca Toni is a very good striker, as good as Arjen Robben is a winger hehe.

agreed. he is a very good striker. batistuta was immense. however i am saying that no team wins by being on average very good. u need a few stars too. espec in the world cup

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 03:15:47 PM »
hahaaha you know what made me laugh ?
an usa player(i forgot his name) said :the czechs didn`t played in a wc before,right?
haha the czechs have to qualify against great teams and the us team has to qualify against canada ,west-samoa etc ::)hahahaahaha

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 03:16:53 PM »
by the way soccer players are payed very well
you know how much ac milan gets from chelsea for shevchenko?
65 million euros...

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 04:23:47 PM »
4th pic man lol

luca toni has not proved himself at all on world stage. not considered one of europes top strikers despite scoring a lot of goals.

To win the world cup generally ya need 4 really world class players. on top of 7 great players. as opposed to 11 good/great players such as italy.

italys big chance was in 2002 or 1998. the del piero era. not its sad to say but not a top top team

Italy has plenty of stars.

Pirlo is amazing, Zambrotta is probably the best left back in the world (maybe Roberto Carlos, who is aging), Nesta and Cannavarro form the absolute BEST DEFENSE PAIRING in the world.

Their attack is stacked ... Totti, Toni, Gillardino, Inzhaghi, Del Piero, Iaquinta....take your pick, all world class.

Brazil's defense is wicked overrated.... emerson, lucio and cafu are very old and they looked very unorganized against croatia, who could have done better to score.

As for soccer players not making much compared to Roger Clemens, you underestimate how much they make dude.

Transfers for top players are insane. I think Schevchenko transfer to chelsea was for like 30 million pounds!!!!!

Not to mention sponsorships from Nike/Adidas/Puma.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2006, 05:16:32 PM »
Yes there is alot of money is MLS, not for the american team though, socer has fallen 25% though since  96 or 93 I believe, and MLS is not making money as planned, it's owned by some powerful business men that pretty much use it as a toy.

Soccer players work hard can't remember what team visited my gym but they worked out for around 6 hours and drank gatorade NON STOP, most stayed covered up and jumped rope the whole time.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006, 06:02:24 PM »
More soccer players juice than in any other sport. It prolly helps that there are about a billion people who play it though . . .

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2006, 06:23:25 PM »
Ronaldo is not only fat, he's one of the dumbest looking mofos I've ever seen.

His girlfriend, on the other hand, is one hot piece of ass.

I forgot what my point was.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2006, 06:46:43 PM »
need to do more deads, bench, dips.  when they trade shirts after the game most of em look likle cross country runners

they need to up the egg white quota as well. i mean c'mon

LOL...they are in better shape/conditioning than most people on this board, even at the college level. Deadlifts? hahah..Wtf are you talking about man!  ???

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2006, 07:04:25 PM »
hahah i was obviously joking. 
Valhalla awaits.

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2006, 03:50:55 AM »
The US women already do..

Really?  I thought Norway were the world champs.

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2006, 04:06:06 AM »
usa will suck forever at soccer
here, here. If it was gonna happen(a good team), it would have happened by now. The best athletes in the U.S play baseball, football, basketball or do track and field. The best athletes in other countries world wide, play SOCCER! No contest. By the way having a good bench press or big delts ain't gonna help you run up and down the field for 45 min straight! You've got to admire their conditioning....

..but I'd NEVER wanna be that small
  ;D

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2006, 04:13:15 AM »
i would say Robert Huth is the hardest ball kicker in the world, his shot would put you into the net. Carlos has massive legs no doubt. BTW who cares if a mere £130,000 is "chump change" in comparison to an extremely overpaid american, nobody would turn their noses up at £130,000 a week
Scouser on Tour

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2006, 05:15:51 AM »
Ronaldo is not only fat, he's one of the dumbest looking mofos I've ever seen.
His girlfriend, on the other hand, is one hot piece of ass.

I forgot what my point was.
LOL.
Yeah, the big stars make big money and have fine gf's. Ronaldo has had a couple of bombs, and he's obviously not a "looker". Ronaldinho's gotta have the weirdest face right now, but he's the best so he gets away with it.

One thing that struck me, was that Christiano Ronaldo has pretty big lats for a guy that small. First time i had seen this on a non-bb.

$

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2006, 08:14:14 AM »
football players look very decent like totti,christiano,roberto carlos

130000 is bs
the stars all get much more ,ronaldinho makes like 22mio€ a year and is the most known active athlete in the world along with schumacher

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2006, 08:33:18 AM »
Even though i'm a a very patriotic Englishman i hate football and hope we lose to Trinidad then Sweden. I hate those overpaid morons and hope they come back in disgrace. Wankers. 

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2006, 08:37:30 AM »
Even though i'm a a very patriotic Englishman i hate football and hope we lose to Trinidad then Sweden. I hate those overpaid morons and hope they come back in disgrace. Wankers. 

you are the only man from england who doesn`t love football
gay as the day is long

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2006, 08:53:15 AM »
need to do more deads, bench, dips.  when they trade shirts after the game most of em look likle cross country runners

they need to up the egg white quota as well. i mean c'mon

Not really, Bozo. if you know anything about soccer, you'll realize that these soccer players have lots of leg power, they got some of the best legs in sports. Soccer players are the most fit of all athlete, they have to have great speed and endurance for freaking 90 minutes, no time out. their torsos cannot be too heavy, it's just the way a soccer player's physique gotta be.
Get Big, or Die Trying

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2006, 08:56:32 AM »
Bodybuilders in general are not very athletic.   Too heavy to run fast and for a long period of time, and too heavy to be agile with the ball.   There are some big fast and athletic guys (nfl running backs for example) but that's rare. 

In soccer you have to be light to play well.   Ronaldo gained some weight and played like shit today for Brazil, was slow. 

Totally agree with you. I used to play soccer in my teens. I'm a big fan of Brazil, and Ronaldo looks normal, but by soccer standards, he's out of shape. now  we seeing his result from the field
Get Big, or Die Trying