Author Topic: The Mr Olympia contest has become BORING...  (Read 2820 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
The Mr Olympia contest has become BORING...
« on: June 14, 2006, 03:29:37 AM »
yep mr olympia is not worth seeing because the line up is getting worse year by year... i think lack of talent has left olympia just 4 or 5 man show such as only real big guys competing - ronnie coleman, victor martinez, jay cutler, markus ruhl, gustavo badell and branch warren....

i think other than watching these 6 guys the olympia is not worth seeing...the mr olympias of the mid 1990s were the golden years of bodybuilding...i think the last great olympia was mr olympia 2000.. after that alot of somebodys and nobodies started 2 compete in mr olympia and truly giving the mr olympia a bad name... when was the last time we saw 15 or 17 guys ripped to the bone and huge as hell.. these days we see half big half out of shape guys competing at the olympia..

guys such as johnnie jackson, george farah, darrem charles, melvin anthony, dave henry should not b qualified 2 compete at the mr olympia..mr olympia has always been the big guys stage and these guys r just crowding the stage with their small lame ass frames.....

i guess bodyuilding is hanging by a single thread only because of guys such as ronnie coleman,jay cutler,victor martinez,markus ruhl,gustavo badell and branch warren r the only real big bodybuilders who seem 2 support bodybuilding..if these six guys were'nt there i guess bodybuilding would have had been history..thanks 2 these 6 pros that bodybuilding is still alive and kicking

BODYBUILDING WILL AND ALWAYS B THE MASS MONSTERS GAME..LONG LIVE MASS MONSTERS
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
Re: mr olympia has become BORING...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:42:37 AM »
yep mr olympia is not worth seeing because the line up is getting worse year by year...i think lack of talent has left olympia just 4 or 5 man show such as only real big guys competing r ronnie coleman,victor martinez,jay cutler,markus ruhl,gustavo badell and branch warren....i think other than watching these 6 guys the olympia is not worth seeing...the mr olympias of the mid 1990s were the golden years of bodybuilding...i think the last great olympia was mr olympia 2000..after that alot of somebodys and nobodies started 2 compete in mr olympia and truly giving the mr olympia a bad name...when was the last time we saw 15 or 17 guys ripped to the bone and huge as hell..these days we see half big half out of shape guys competing at the olympia..guys such as johnnie jackson,george farah,darrem charles,melvin anthony,dave henry should not b qualified 2 compete at the mr olympia..mr olympia has always been the big guys stage and these guys r just crowding the stage with their small lame ass frames.....i guess bodyuilding is hanging by a single thread only because of guys such as ronnie coleman,jay cutler,victor martinez,markus ruhl,gustavo badell and branch warren r the only real big bodybuilders who seem 2 support bodybuilding..if these six guys were'nt there i guess bodybuilding would have had been history..thanks 2 these 6 pros that bodybuilding is still alive and kicking BODYBUILDING WILL AND ALWAYS B THE MASS MONSTERS GAME..LONG LIVE MASS MONSTERS
Markus Ruhl... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 04:14:15 AM »
youre about 15 years behind skippy, it was boring right from the start of dorians reign
Scouser on Tour

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 05:32:56 AM »
If you like bb then it shouldn't be boring, but... ;)
Last year was a disaster!

IMO, MRO2002 was great, productionwise...
Good entertainment. As for the physiques in MRO
i think they are good. I don't agree that it is boring
to look at the smaller, symmetrical guys. Quite
opposite, actually.

djohnsen

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 06:30:22 AM »
Maybe you've forgotten about what the judging criteria is. Sure, if you have the mass and are equally as good on the OTHER requirements, great, but you won't see a Markus Ruhl or some "half big half out of shape" guy winning any show.

Think back to the 1975 O. Arnie was huge and ripped, so was Franco. Nubret was ripped but not huge, and Ferrigno was huge but not ripped. That sums BBing up right there, providing the symmetry, proportion, etc is the same on all athletes. Does anyone else agree?

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 06:49:41 AM »
Agree 100%.Bodybuilding should be about building the classic physique-size,symmetry,condition,aesthetics and proportion not just sheer mass.Personally I would rather look like Arnold than Ronnie anyday-although I might try to bring up my legs ;D

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
  • Been to Hell and back! NEXT!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 03:47:46 PM »
I'm still wating for a refund from last year's O. Expo was horrible, show more than sucked, AMI sucks. i won't be attending this year. i'll save my $600. thank you!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 03:59:13 PM »
IFBB has itself to blame.

If they had a judging criteria putting a guy like Darrem Charles or Dexter Jax in the top spots, then there wouldn't be a room for PDI.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The Mr Olympia contest has become BORING...
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 06:44:25 PM »

Hence the big question as we usually call it - the Mass Monsters vs. the Physique Symmetry competitors - who does the audience come to see at a bodybuilding competion.

The Olympia should be a production contest, which lights, great presensce on stage, and the world's best bodybuilder there for the biggest show of the year. This is where Ronnie comes out to defend the title, where Jay comes to see if he can topple the Coleman dynasty, and where Dexter Jackson returns to the O to see where symmetry will end up vs the mass monsters.

As for the expo, it was fun.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 06:57:53 PM »
youre about 15 years behind skippy, it was boring right from the start of dorians reign

How did you know his name was skippy?  :o

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 07:33:14 PM »
Golly gee, the O has been boring as watching paint dry since 1984.After Lee Haney started winning the title it became a paint drying contest.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 08:20:10 PM »
yep mr olympia is not worth seeing because the line up is getting worse year by year... i think lack of talent has left olympia just 4 or 5 man show such as only real big guys competing - ronnie coleman, victor martinez, jay cutler, markus ruhl, gustavo badell and branch warren....

i think other than watching these 6 guys the olympia is not worth seeing...the mr olympias of the mid 1990s were the golden years of bodybuilding...i think the last great olympia was mr olympia 2000.. after that alot of somebodys and nobodies started 2 compete in mr olympia and truly giving the mr olympia a bad name... when was the last time we saw 15 or 17 guys ripped to the bone and huge as hell.. these days we see half big half out of shape guys competing at the olympia..

guys such as johnnie jackson, george farah, darrem charles, melvin anthony, dave henry should not b qualified 2 compete at the mr olympia..mr olympia has always been the big guys stage and these guys r just crowding the stage with their small lame ass frames.....

i guess bodyuilding is hanging by a single thread only because of guys such as ronnie coleman,jay cutler,victor martinez,markus ruhl,gustavo badell and branch warren r the only real big bodybuilders who seem 2 support bodybuilding..if these six guys were'nt there i guess bodybuilding would have had been history..thanks 2 these 6 pros that bodybuilding is still alive and kicking

BODYBUILDING WILL AND ALWAYS B THE MASS MONSTERS GAME..LONG LIVE MASS MONSTERS

Brilliant insight..soon you will discover that if you are trapped in a maze always turn left, you will eventually find your way out.

Also let me save you some time..there is no sex in the champagne room
Here comes the money shot

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 08:29:44 PM »
Maybe the Mr O rounds should be judged by the audience w/a decibel meter.Most thunderous applause as measured by the decibel meter wins.It may also finally tell us which is being more supported by the fans themselves as to the mass vs. shape issue.Be interesting I think to see.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 08:33:31 PM »
Maybe the Mr O rounds should be judged by the audience w/a decibel meter.Most thunderous applause as measured by the decibel meter wins.It may also finally tell us which is being more supported by the fans themselves as to the mass vs. shape issue.Be interesting I think to see.

Anyone remember how Cutler responded to that suggestion in the VIP region?

"That idea sucks bob"

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 09:58:18 PM »

I don't know about this one.  If Kamali ever qualifies, the boos will be so loud that he will definitely take it.  One thing they should definitely implement is disqualifying anyone who dresses up as a robot.