Author Topic: Anyone train like this before?  (Read 5553 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Anyone train like this before?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 06:36:06 PM »
Thanks for all the unasked for & hostile "advice", old man. No one asked you for your opinions on others. Training info is more interesting than your personal vendettas, my keyboard warrior.  ;)

Stick with your "kinder & gentler" white-gloves training and resist mightily more hostile ejaculations at others who simply feel like contributing.

Carry on with the preachy training advice, your personality sux ;D

Harness this overt hostility and put it into increased training intensity; sounds like you need it.  :D

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 06:59:17 PM »
Pumpster: OK, I will.. .....And special thanks for all those little faces  you tag alone with your prose. Hopefully we can talk again sometime. But now I must leave and go to Fidel's for Mexican food & drink.

Your Friend, JPM

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 07:16:43 PM »
Squats (A$$ to heels)
Bench Press
Bent Over BBell Rows
Military/Shoulder Presses
Barbell Curls
French Presses or Close Grip Bench Presses
Standing Calf Raises
Ab Crunches

Do the above exercises Mon/Wed/Fri per week or split in half & do a Mon/Thurs  Tues/Fri program.If followed correctly doing it all in 1 workout should take an hour w/whole body routines.Foue day per week even less.Try for 3 sets w/rep range of 8-12 reps except for abs & calves which get 15-25 reps.Use a pyramid style for the weights or just basic straight sets but use as much weight as you possibly can in good form.As long as diet is good, in other words EAT!!!,... you will grow.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 03:15:57 AM »
Ok.

Let's get this thread back on track.

deviant has decided on training twice a week. Not once, three times or four times a week. But twice a week.

He's looking to do a fullbody workout. Not a split.

But a fullbody workout.

Reasons for this is in the very first post of this thread.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2006, 03:19:57 AM »
Avoid training to failure.

Training two times per week, and a full body workout, could give you very good gains.

Workout 1:
Squats (legs....obviously)
Benchpress with SLIGHT incline (15-20% degree incline) (chest, shoulders, triceps)
Reverse grip Chins (back, biceps) (palms facing you)
Dips (chest, shouders, triceps)
DB Rows (back, biceps)
"a little ab work" ;D ( two heavy sets ~15 reps)

Workout 2:
Deadlift (back, biceps)
Close Grip Benchpress (chest, shoulders, triceps) (shoulder width)
Front Squats (legs....obviously)
Dips (chest, shouders, triceps)
Chins (back, biceps)
DB seated shoulder presses

Do three sets of each excersise, 6-10 reps. Avoid failure, meaning you should never need a spotter.

You will probably have great gains with this routine, since you should be in and out of the gym in fairly short time.

YIP
Zack

You may want to consider trying 2 sets of each excersise as well, or at least for the occasional workout.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2006, 08:16:59 AM »
Rewinding this thread again: I will usually suggest  starting with the lowest common denominator, and that would be 1 or 2 sets, when approaching a full body workout. If the need is felt, than try adding one more set to the compound exercises, making 3 sets the maxium done. The smaller stuff, like laterial raises, abs or arm's, can gain quite well with that original 1 or 2 sets.  Though with all the slick T&A mag's, video's, book's, etc you would not think that possible.

HedgeHog give another slant on the workouts, with more variety of exercises. Lot's of guy's like that more because it can spice up the workouts and, at times,  relieve boredom. The mental approach is most always more important than the physical one for most workouts anyway. Some will change up the rep scheme each workout also. I will not mention the "F" word, but just to say than exhausting the CNS in every workout is not the goal. Of all the key elements for steady gains & growth, the recovery of the body can be of major importance. Good Luck.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2006, 08:38:20 AM »
Going to failure or occasionally beyond training efficiently with moderate or low numbers of sets will not diminish the CNS. The CNS will be diminished by burning the candle at both ends: long workouts that are also gruelling, but generally speaking not by one or the other alone. 48-72 hours later following recovery, the same muscle can be trained again.

deviant

• Getbig IV
  • C.U.N.T
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 04:23:01 PM »
Why not?  What do you do in the evening?  Watch TV?  Nap?  What is more important than you physical wellbeing? 

I'm not giving it up totally, i still enjoy the gym.....proud of the fact i look better than 90% of the population out there but theres other things i enjoy equally as much and i feel gym time has become disproportionate to the enjoyment i get out of it....

....i'm in a job i'm probably going to stay in for the rest of my working life, one i actually have no resentment about doing, i want to put in the time and study and get ahead while i'm still young, i may need to give up some evenings for this....

.....summer's here in england, its been 80 degrees for the last 2 weeks and when the weathers like this i get more enjoyment going out for a blast on my bike than being in the gym.....

....most of my social group dont go to the gym, for the last however many years i've finished work at 7pm and gone to the gym in the evening, i'm getting pissed off with missing evenings out.....

Just a few reasons, you may have different priorities WOOO but right now my friends, my career and fucking about and having fun are top of my list.
I've never considered myself a bodybuilder, never intended to do a show....just consider muself a bloke who lifts weights and looks good in a t-shirt, thats good enough for me.....

....(kicks back and pops the top off another cold one)....bottoms up!

;D
C.U.N.T

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 05:42:58 PM »
Just a few reasons, you may have different priorities WOOO but right now my friends, my career and fucking about and having fun are top of my list.
I've never considered myself a bodybuilder, never intended to do a show....just consider muself a bloke who lifts weights and looks good in a t-shirt, thats good enough for me.....

....(kicks back and pops the top off another cold one)....bottoms up!

;D

i gotcha... good luck...

BallzDeep69

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 05:49:07 PM »
Rewinding this thread again: I will usually suggest  starting with the lowest common denominator, and that would be 1 or 2 sets, when approaching a full body workout. If the need is felt, than try adding one more set to the compound exercises, making 3 sets the maxium done. The smaller stuff, like laterial raises, abs or arm's, can gain quite well with that original 1 or 2 sets.  Though with all the slick T&A mag's, video's, book's, etc you would not think that possible.

HedgeHog give another slant on the workouts, with more variety of exercises. Lot's of guy's like that more because it can spice up the workouts and, at times,  relieve boredom. The mental approach is most always more important than the physical one for most workouts anyway. Some will change up the rep scheme each workout also. I will not mention the "F" word, but just to say than exhausting the CNS in every workout is not the goal. Of all the key elements for steady gains & growth, the recovery of the body can be of major importance. Good Luck.

I pretty much agree.  I like doing 2 sets for everything because, for one it saves time and lets me do all the exercises I want to do without drawing out the workout for more than 90 min tops.  Also because I don't like stopping very short of failure, so less sets allows me to do this on a regular basis and grow.

latrell

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 02:01:28 PM »
Going to failure or occasionally beyond training efficiently with moderate or low numbers of sets will not diminish the CNS. The CNS will be diminished by burning the candle at both ends: long workouts that are also gruelling, but generally speaking not by one or the other alone. 48-72 hours later following recovery, the same muscle can be trained again.

your not contributing at all, dumpster.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2006, 06:45:41 PM »
I generally favor two sets for each excersise when bodybuilding. Easy to keep the mental focus, for one.

deviant was looking for a certain type of layout due to lack of time and other matters, hence the suggested layout.

He would be doing 18 working sets for each workout. Something which may be too much for the natural athlete.

Regarding the CNS discussion: All my time estimates for the recovery of the CNS are based on training w/o the use of AAS or likewise products. If you're on AAS, studies shows that the CNS will recover quicker.

Still: Manage the CNS and you will NEVER have to rest due to it being exhausted.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

BallzDeep69

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2006, 06:23:21 AM »
I agree. 

I'm a 2 set man myself.

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2006, 02:03:17 PM »
That looks like a good routine. Keep it up, and keep us updated.