Author Topic: Shahriar Kamali s truth  (Read 3575 times)

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
Shahriar Kamali s truth
« on: June 14, 2006, 03:08:37 PM »
In this month's issue of Musclemag International, Shahriar gives explanations :

Myth 1: Synthol is widely abused in pro bodybuilding

Fact: "Wrong! Synthol was popular when it first hit the scene a few years ago but use died off quickly due to the lumpy and distorted look it gives. Nowadays, if a competitor has an outstanding bodypart, the jackass haters automatically assume it must be synthol when more often than not, it's the result of site injections from water-based steroids or (this idea may sound far-fetched to some of you morons) just plain hard work."

Myth 2: Pro bodybuilders train harder than everyone else

Fact: "Most pros train with lighter weights and less intensity than amateurs." He says most pros don't train heavy because they don't want to risk joint injuries (let's Ronnie doesn't read that article and starting training light). Kamali said the average pro is in fact "lazy" and prefers to rely on his superior genetics.

Myth 3: Growth Hormone is responsible for the distended stomach look

Fact: "Wrong again, jerkies! GH is primarily used a fat burner that helps maintain lean body mass." He says that INSULIN is the cause of distended stomachs, because pros have to eat a lot of carbs to offset their higher than normal insulin production. "This constant pounding of carbohydrates and intercellular fat storage cause the distended look".

Myth 4: The Weiders are so powerful and corrupt that they often fix contests.

Fact: "Joe, Ben, and Eric Weider have no more influence over the outcome of bodybuilding competitions than does my own grandmother. There has never been an incident in which the Weiders have stepped in and fixed the results of a contest."

Myth 5: Drugs are the difference between the wannabes and the top dogs of the IFBB

Fact: "Sorry to disappoing you slapnut haters out there, but bodybuilding success all comes down to genetics....There are amateurs out there who take insane amount of drugs (almost twice what the average pro takes) every day and still have not achieved even a local contest win. Anyone can diet hard, train, and step on stage as a competitive bb'er, but you need superior genetics to make it to the next level. Bodybuilding should be fun and a healthful lifestyle, not a financial burden that will put you in the poorhouse or have you posing for some gay businessman. Don't let obsession and drugs take over your life. You could end up a bald, acne scarred, disgruntles ******* with a short fuse and a dick that doesn't work. Not a good way to go through life."

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Shahriar Kamali s truth
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:13:51 PM »

Fact: "Wrong! Synthol was popular when it first hit the scene a few years ago but use died off quickly due to the lumpy and distorted look it gives. Nowadays, if a competitor has an outstanding bodypart, the jackass haters automatically assume it must be synthol when more often than not, it's the result of site injections from water-based steroids or (this idea may sound far-fetched to some of you morons) just plain hard work."

Fact: "Most pros train with lighter weights and less intensity than amateurs." He says most pros don't train heavy because they don't want to risk joint injuries (let's Ronnie doesn't read that article and starting training light). Kamali said the average pro is in fact "lazy" and prefers to rely on his superior genetics.

Fact: "Wrong again, jerkies! GH is primarily used a fat burner that helps maintain lean body mass." He says that INSULIN is the cause of distended stomachs, because pros have to eat a lot of carbs to offset their higher than normal insulin production. "This constant pounding of carbohydrates and intercellular fat storage cause the distended look".

Fact: "Joe, Ben, and Eric Weider have no more influence over the outcome of bodybuilding competitions than does my own grandmother. There has never been an incident in which the Weiders have stepped in and fixed the results of a contest."

Myth 5: Drugs are the difference between the wannabes and the top dogs of the IFBB

Fact: "Sorry to disappoing you slapnut haters out there, but bodybuilding success all comes down to genetics....There are amateurs out there who take insane amount of drugs (almost twice what the average pro takes) every day and still have not achieved even a local contest win. Anyone can diet hard, train, and step on stage as a competitive bb'er, but you need superior genetics to make it to the next level. Bodybuilding should be fun and a healthful lifestyle, not a financial burden that will put you in the poorhouse or have you posing for some gay businessman. Don't let obsession and drugs take over your life. You could end up a bald, acne scarred, disgruntles ******* with a short fuse and a dick that doesn't work. Not a good way to go through life."

He makes some good points.

Especially about what separates the top pros from the third and fourth tier pros... ;) (Well, just my interpretation).

If he's written this column himself, it's another sign that he's actually going to try to get back to what he looked like before Teh Chad.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 03:14:10 PM »
HAHA, RON.....

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 04:57:29 PM »
If he's written this column himself, it's another sign that he's actually going to try to get back to what he looked like before Teh Chad.

YIP
Zack
He worked with Chad as an amateur already. The thing is he sort of needs the fullness that came with the insulin and other things he was taking. He doesn't have the muscle bellies to come in lighter. Losing weight = even smaller arms, even less quad sweep, and still the same waist... he just can't afford it. He just doesn't have the genetics to do much more with his physique. His first year as a pro will be the high point of his career.

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 05:32:24 PM »
He worked with Chad as an amateur already. The thing is he sort of needs the fullness that came with the insulin and other things he was taking. He doesn't have the muscle bellies to come in lighter. Losing weight = even smaller arms, even less quad sweep, and still the same waist... he just can't afford it. He just doesn't have the genetics to do much more with his physique. His first year as a pro will be the high point of his career.
I won t disagree.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 05:48:29 PM »

Does this mean that Ernie Taylor worked really, really hard for his triceps? :)
Flower Boy Ran Away

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 07:25:30 PM »

and it also means that Tamali doesn't know the difference between training hard with heavy weights and training like shit with heavy weights.. Deadlifts with 700-800 pounds with 8 spotters and lift only 4 inches off the support bar will make wonders  ::)

Does that explains what he looked right now?

I bet he missed the part of giving blowjobs to judges would also affect the placings

He's claiming that he didn't use drugs. That explains his superior genetics in his crappy awesome placings in small shows.

And he's attacking Derek of his baldness, gay industry and drugs.. I hear lawsuit on Tamali
I am a mini beast

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 09:10:05 PM »
quite interesting and very valid points and yes they are true, ernies triceps wouldnt be from synthol hes obviously always shot his shit into his triceps and has a high amount of calcification, scar tissue, the same as most negro bodybuilders in their calves including ronnie, cormier, the list goes on and on, its been around longer than arnold.
Respect must be given to Kamali hes not bullshitting but he can class himself as one of the amateurs killing themselves to be pro because his genetics are NPC level and truth be it guys like Heath etc prob take 1/10 of what some kamikaze amateurs take.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 09:28:33 PM »

As much as I hate to say it (and feel a peice of throw up coming up when I say this) I agree with him exept for Myth 5!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 10:10:58 PM »
As much as I hate to say it (and feel a peice of throw up coming up when I say this) I agree with him exept for Myth 5!
Have a sip of sprite you'll be fine...

thisiskeith12

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 10:37:33 PM »
Not working your abs enough and not doing cardio can also aid stomach distention. Kamali has said for years that he doesn't do cardio.

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 10:38:33 PM »

How's Big Bobby Boy (you know, the one who won the IFBB Mr America and Universe titles way back in '83) doing now? Well I hope? I haven't seen him in quite a while...
Team Goodrum!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 10:49:14 PM »
How's Big Bobby Boy (you know, the one who won the IFBB Mr America and Universe titles way back in '83) doing now? Well I hope? I haven't seen him in quite a while...

Don't know, haven't seen or talked to him in about 8 or so years.....whats your point??

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 10:53:27 PM »
Nothing; he just seems to have disappeared from the BB scene just like that for such a long time? ??? Why? Lack of interest in BB anymore?
Team Goodrum!

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 01:18:33 AM »
King, for the last time, stop calling your fans names.

What kind of a person calls THE FANS BUYING HIS DVD AND READING HIS ARTICLES "fucking idiots", "bucktooth jackasses", etc.

For the sake of badmouthing maybe 10 guys on this board (who really don't care what King has to say either way), he loses plenty of fans.  This is also known as "shooting yourself in the foot."
I think Shahriar said all what he had to say. Even to his - fans -.

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 01:36:47 AM »
How so?
Yet, on the radio, he said he looks dogshit, which to me is such
a gret improve.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 01:45:55 AM »
He is really really right.These are the things what I tell to the kids every time.

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 01:46:24 AM »
He looked awesome in 2001.  Yes, he had his flaws, but you can't fault him too much here:

http://www.getbig.com/pics/olympia/2001/pre/kamali.htm

Granted, he did not deserve 10th.  That spot should have gone to Vince Taylor as Shawn Ray said.  I also don't know how the hell he beat Gunter and why Gunter was in 15th.

Either way, King looked very well that year.

At 5'9 and 1/2 he also has a fair amount of stature as a bodybuilder.

What happened since 2001?  I wish King could go back to that.  I am a fan of his rookie year physique.
What happened is obvious.

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 01:47:25 AM »
He is really really right.These are the things what I tell to the kids every time.
o ikutsu desu ka