Author Topic: Oh, which IFBB athletes knocking on the PDI door...  (Read 3448 times)

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Oh, which IFBB athletes knocking on the PDI door...
« on: June 14, 2006, 05:57:52 PM »
Instead of deadpools, we should come up with lists of who we think will come a knocking on Wayne DeMelia's PDI door seeking entrance in the next 2-3 years.

Kamali and 240 might look back and laugh at past times right before Kamali takes to a PDI stage in his tin man costume (This comments only half as wise-ass as it sounds: Kamali is known as an entertainer and that is what PDI is aiming for).

With Flex and M&F being sold...
Wait, listen---

KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Oh, which IFBB athletes knocking on the PDI door...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 06:24:30 PM »
Im not sure whether the athletes would be knocking on the PDI door or it would be the other way around. But definently guys like Darrem, Toney Freeman, Craig Richardson who have been routinely screwed by IFBB placings

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 06:32:02 PM »
Fans are going to be so entertained by the NOC posing routines that the Mr O routines a month later are going to be a pretty big letdown.

Some of the guys who ENJOY posing are going to want to jump.  Posing is 20% of the PDI judging.  What % of IFBB judging is it?  Did Bob Chick really beat Rusty in the posing routine?  Has Coleman ever REALLY won a posing routine? 

The PDI guys I talk to have been planning their posing routines for MONTHS.  And save this post- ppl are going to be very very entertained by the routines these guys are coming up with!  I've heard 5 so far, and I am FLOORED.  Imagine if things are close and a guy like Priest can seriously get knocked off by a galanti, a tj, a rhino, for not having good posing.  Suddenly, EVERYONE in the show will be delivering a show, not just showing up and hitting poses.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 06:42:49 PM »
Fans are going to be so entertained by the NOC posing routines that the Mr O routines a month later are going to be a pretty big letdown.

Some of the guys who ENJOY posing are going to want to jump.  Posing is 20% of the PDI judging.  What % of IFBB judging is it?  Did Bob Chick really beat Rusty in the posing routine?  Has Coleman ever REALLY won a posing routine? 

The PDI guys I talk to have been planning their posing routines for MONTHS.  And save this post- ppl are going to be very very entertained by the routines these guys are coming up with!  I've heard 5 so far, and I am FLOORED.  Imagine if things are close and a guy like Priest can seriously get knocked off by a galanti, a tj, a rhino, for not having good posing.  Suddenly, EVERYONE in the show will be delivering a show, not just showing up and hitting poses.

At the end of the day posing is posing. Not being a wiseass, what could they possibly do THAT differently?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 06:43:07 PM »
I don't think that Galanti, Schoenborn, or Rhino are within 20% of Lee Priest, even if Lee comes in with tribal tattoos covering every inch of his body. Lee should be able to bypass the posing round and still handily defeat these guys. You can't really compare a top pro to top amateurs, unless they are a rising phenom like Heath.

I heard that Wayne said he doesn't spend any time trying to sign new guys to PDI. Apparently, he just sits back waiting for them to call. I don't think that's a wise strategy. It's called Sales and Marketing.

One more thing. The smart thing to do would be to hold the NOC a few weeks before the New York Pro Show. With strong marketing, "The NOC is back!", 90% of the fans would never know the difference. Wayne could use the Shawn Ray strategy of putting former NOC winners like Levrone, Yates, and Coleman on his poster and fool people into believing that the NOC and not the NY Pro is the BIG NEW YORK BODYBUILDING SHOW. The show would rake it in from the fans and irreversibly damage and destroy the NY Pro show forever.

C'mon people, this advice aint free.

Special "Ka Ching" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 06:57:38 PM »
I heard Bill Pearl is doing the NOC

body88

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 07:00:14 PM »
I don't think that Galanti, Schoenborn, or Rhino are within 20% of Lee Priest, even if Lee comes in with tribal tattoos covering every inch of his body. Lee should be able to bypass the posing round and still handily defeat these guys. You can't really compare a top pro to top amateurs, unless they are a rising phenom like Heath.

I heard that Wayne said he doesn't spend any time trying to sign new guys to PDI. Apparently, he just sits back waiting for them to call. I don't think that's a wise strategy. It's called Sales and Marketing.

One more thing. The smart thing to do would be to hold the NOC a few weeks before the New York Pro Show. With strong marketing, "The NOC is back!", 90% of the fans would never know the difference. Wayne could use the Shawn Ray strategy of putting former NOC winners like Levrone, Yates, and Coleman on his poster and fool people into believing that the NOC and not the NY Pro is the BIG NEW YORK BODYBUILDING SHOW. The show would rake it in from the fans and irreversibly damage and destroy the NY Pro show forever.

Special "Ka Ching" Ed

The judging should just be fair. If lee is 100 percent these guys cannot beat him But if he comes in off he should lose to a guy who looks better. Unlike in the IFBB where he would place ahead of these guys regardless.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 07:06:22 PM »
The judging should just be fair. If lee is 100 percent these guys cannot beat him But if he comes in off he should lose to a guy who looks better. Unlike in the IFBB where he would place ahead of these guys regardless.

DeMilianaire's first MD interview about the PDI focused almost exclusively on the high judging standards.  No one with any kind of conflict of interest, etc.

And the scoring system is going to eb SO GOOD that the IFBB will be stealing it for the Olympia a monthe later.  Yes, the PDI will set the standard for fans being able to follow the show.  Tell your friends, write it down, take a picture.

body88

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 07:08:40 PM »
I am 100 percent behind this association. I think it will be great to have a place where the bullshit and polotics of the IFBB are not an issue!

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 08:22:26 PM »
I wish all the best for PDI to succeed.However, if the posing turns into affairs such as Kamali & the tin suit w/more dancing than posing a la some of todays posers then I myself (if a judge) would disregard (place less emphasis on it) than the actual condition of the athletes themselves.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 08:30:05 PM »

no, rusty was very fluid and bob was well, wasnt

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 08:35:23 PM »
I wish all the best for PDI to succeed.However, if the posing turns into affairs such as Kamali & the tin suit w/more dancing than posing a la some of todays posers then I myself (if a judge) would disregard (place less emphasis on it) than the actual condition of the athletes themselves.

Very good post.

Gaylord posing and extra stuff on stage like helmets, cloaks and shit should not be allowed.

The way Lee Priest, Shawn Ray, Bob Paris and others posed/ poses, that's the way to go.

Those guys had great fluent routines, while hitting several muscle poses.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Stavios

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 08:38:49 PM »
I can say 1 thing: If kamali join the PDI, 240 will start kissing his ass.

Just look at Lee Priest. In all the early shows, 240 was dissing Lee and saying he had gifts.
Then Lee anounce he join the PDI and suddenly 240 started kissing his ass

body88

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 08:48:50 PM »
I think the PDI will give people options. If you want to enjoy bodybuilding it is on the IFBB's terms. The bullshit placings and unfair judging has come to a point where the IFBB is a frekin joke. Some of these guys get screwed so bad you wonder how the hell they keep competing. Maybe the PDI will let people get a fair shake for once in this fucked up sport or whatever you call it.

Guys like Toney Freeman for example. How can those judges vouch for his placings this year?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 08:56:28 PM »
If Bleckman buys Flex that will be great for the PDI.  Cause they will be supporting the PDI.  More exposure for the organization and athletes.  Hope this goes through

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 08:59:46 PM »
Please no costumes.

The WBF tried to be very theatrical.  It bombed.

The great posers of the past, such as Bob Paris, never used costumes.

body88

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 09:01:32 PM »
If Bleckman buys Flex that will be great for the PDI.  Cause they will be supporting the PDI.  More exposure for the organization and athletes.  Hope this goes through

I hope so to, Flex has great photographs they just need some great content to go with them!

And like you said the support for the PDI will be great.

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 09:04:29 PM »

Special "Ka Ching" Ed

Lee will be a hand full! I just really want the chance to stand next to him, not because I feel I will beat him just because I would love to be able to look back and say "I competed with the great Lee Priest". I will be as much of a fan at the show as will be a competitor!

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 09:56:06 PM »
im 100 percent behind it too but no costumes, symmetry  and a return to some sort of normality would be great where pros actually resmble human beings.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 02:32:59 AM »
im 100 percent behind it too but no costumes, symmetry  and a return to some sort of normality would be great where pros actually resmble human beings.
not sure why they would have it in a theatre if it wasnt entertaining