Author Topic: Chick - regarding the PDI  (Read 5283 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Chick - regarding the PDI
« on: June 15, 2006, 10:35:40 AM »
would you like to see the PDI succeed?  Do you think it would be good for the athletes for two successful federations to exist?

thanks for your time,

sS

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: question for Chic
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 11:32:46 AM »
Chic is looking out for the best interests of the athletes.   He agrees that there is room for improvement to the IFBB, and that the PDI will deliver a welcome change for fans tired of judgin irregularities and boring, gut-ridden shows.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 08:46:02 PM »
Chic is looking out for the best interests of the athletes.   He agrees that there is room for improvement to the IFBB, and that the PDI will deliver a welcome change for fans tired of judgin irregularities and boring, gut-ridden shows.

I'm glad to hear that. 

So Chic what strategies are you pursuing to improve the demand for bodybuilders.  In otherwords to improve the leverage the athletes have in negotiating salaries.  Forgive my naivite.  I'm well versed in labor and employment law, but I'm far from being in expert on this particular market place

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 08:48:04 PM »
I'm well versed in labor and employment law, but I'm far from being in expert on this particular market place

You and Bob should talk shop sometime.  he can tell you about how the IFBB monoploy is what's best for the athletes - even though it defies all known ecomonic theory as well as your lying eyes. 

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 10:20:53 PM »
You and Bob should talk shop sometime.  he can tell you about how the IFBB monoploy is what's best for the athletes - even though it defies all known ecomonic theory as well as your lying eyes. 

I don't believe it surely Chic is in support of a strong PDI that would create the potential for a bidding war for his athletes.  240 you shouldn't lie about what Chic wants even though you disagree with him.  I mean you can tell by my Avatar that I am not in support of his masters win....BUT I wouldn't go so far as to misrepresent his views.  Everyone knows a union rep tries to increase the collective bargaining power of his members, why on earth would Chic be pushing to increase the monopoly power of his employer?  I was an Econ major and I've learned about a lot of strange scenarios but what you're proposing defies anything I've ever seen.

-sS

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 10:23:30 PM »
look... dude... i'm sure your degrees might keep you warm on those lonely nights with your aspirations, common sense, and that whore known as logic...

But Chic got a degree from the School of Hard Knocks.  he knows what's best, and I'd put my money on him over Adam Smith anyday in a fair & unbiased debate on Pro Bbing Radio.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 10:24:22 PM »
  Everyone union rep tries to increase the collective bargaining power of his members, why on earth would Chic be pushing to increase the monopoly power of his employer? 

Perhaps he believes that he stands to benefit from the monopoly? from what he's posted, he is a captain of industry . . . serving on the boards of several corporations like Egg Whites, Int'l and and BB.com. Perhaps he intends to take the IFBB under his wing too.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 10:30:44 PM »
Perhaps he believes that he stands to benefit from the monopoly? from what he's posted, he is a captain of industry . . . serving on the boards of several corporations like Egg Whites, Int'l and and BB.com. Perhaps he intends to take the IFBB under his wing too.

come on would Chic really put his own interests over his athletes.  This has got to be BS nobody is that corrupt.  Back me up here Chic

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 10:37:42 PM »
I was an Econ major and I've learned about a lot of strange scenarios but what you're proposing defies anything I've ever seen.
I didn't know Devry had an Econ program.

SE
BigNationRadio.com

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Chick - regarding the PDI
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 10:45:04 PM »
It's so awesome checking threads addressed to pros only to see them filled with 240 posts.  ::)  I vote 240 the goto man for everything.  Any questions, thoughts, comments or concerns, 240 is your bodybuilding guru.  God we're lucky to have you.  Remember when you could post a question and have it answered by a pro.  f**k that sucked.  ;D

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 10:47:09 PM »
come on would Chic really put his own interests over his athletes.  This has got to be BS nobody is that corrupt.  Back me up here Chic

Chick is putting the interests of all IFBB athletes. Absolutely. Chic is cool with the PDI, wishes it well, but like many here, the IFBB is the best federation in the world at the moment with the best athletes.  The PDI will have one show this year, for about $30K in prize money. Just the Olympia this year is over $600K in prize money. Simple story of where the money is plus where the sponsors are.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 10:50:56 PM »
It's so awesome checking threads addressed to pros only to see them filled with 240 posts.  ::)  I vote 240 the goto man for everything.  Any questions, thoughts, comments or concerns, 240 is your bodybuilding guru.  God we're lucky to have you.  Remember when you could post a question and have it answered by a pro.  f**k that sucked.  ;D

That's two weeknights in a row you've come on here wasted.

Special D "Liver" E.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 11:02:16 PM »

Special D "Liver" E.
I've only been wasted once while posting here...  You have been toasted and posting more than anyone on the board and you know it.  You're the guy who couldn't control his drinking... (quotes available upon request ;D

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 11:10:13 PM »
Chick is putting the interests of all IFBB athletes. Absolutely. Chic is cool with the PDI, wishes it well, but like many here, the IFBB is the best federation in the world at the moment with the best athletes.  The PDI will have one show this year, for about $30K in prize money. Just the Olympia this year is over $600K in prize money. Simple story of where the money is plus where the sponsors are.

See I told you 240...Chic wants to see the PDI to grow, he wishes it well.  But if I knoiw Chic like I think I do he probably is doing more than just wishing it well, I bet he has some behind the scenes plans to help the PDI blow up!!!  So let us in on it Chic, what are you planning.  You don't have to let the cat out of the bag completely, just give us a hint.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 11:12:33 PM »
I've only been wasted once while posting here...  You have been toasted and posting more than anyone on the board and you know it.  You're the guy who couldn't control his drinking... (quotes available upon request ;D

I used to looooooooove to drink.  man, having a buzz is fun as hell.  I am now relegated to 2 daquiris on special occasions.  Three, if I can sneak while the little lady is freshenin' up.

I've been domesticated, homie.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 06:39:35 AM »
come on Chic we are all curious, what strings are you pulling behind the scenes to engineer PDI's success?

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 06:46:29 AM »

Why did you feel a need to anwser this on Chicks behalf?

The Beef

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 06:58:11 AM »
I used to looooooooove to drink.  man, having a buzz is fun as hell.  I am now relegated to 2 daquiris on special occasions.  Three, if I can sneak while the little lady is freshenin' up.

I've been domesticated, homie.

For someone who does not want his wife mentioned on the board ( don't worry, I got your message from Hedgehog ) you sure bring her up enough.

The Beef

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 08:36:16 AM »
As I've stated previously...I wish nothing but the best for Wayne and his company. If the fans wish to support it..great.

Better still if it creates some financial opportunities for pro bodybuilders who otherwise, would have none.

I still don't agree with just handing out pro cards to amateurs, as I believe it cheapens the prestige of earning one, but...thats their call.

To answer the question, "Do I want to see it succeed?"....although I have no vested interest, I would like to see it succeed, simply for the fact that it makes my position stronger for the athletes I represent.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 08:38:41 AM »
As I've stated previously...I wish nothing but the best for Wayne and his company. If the fans wish to support it..great.

Better still if it creates some financial opportunities for pro bodybuilders who otherwise, would have none.

I still don't agree with just handing out pro cards to amateurs, as I believe it cheapens the prestige of earning one, but...thats their call.

To answer the question, "Do I want to see it succeed?"....although I have no vested interest, I would like to see it succeed, simply for the fact that it makes my position stronger for the athletes I represent.

There we go.  This is what I thought all along.

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 08:54:02 AM »
I didn't know Devry had an Econ program.

SE

Too funny. ;D

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 12:02:54 PM »

Well, who you gonna believe?  Chick or you're lying eyes ???
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 12:20:10 PM »

Now that's what I like to see from my buddy.  Now I am happy.   :)

canyoufeeltheforce

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 03:33:41 PM »

Special D "Liver" E.

Hey 240 did you forget who you were for a moment and signed the above post as your alter ego Special Ed .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 03:41:29 PM »
Hey 240 did you forget who you were for a moment and signed the above post as your alter ego Special Ed .

no, but I thought the insignia Special D "Liver" E, or 'delivery', was a good little wordplay that I would share.

anyone who's been here 5 minutes knows i'm not ed.