Author Topic: Losing weight too fast  (Read 2727 times)

Lil Diesel

• Getbig II
Losing weight too fast
« on: June 15, 2006, 11:46:08 AM »
Ok guys, so I have been doing a 5 day training split, mon-fri. Sat & Sun are my rest days. And I generally do 45 mins, cardio on an incline at a speed of 4.0, after my workouts and on sunday.

I had been gaining a little weight for a bit then stayed the same when I was taking in around 300g carbs per day. I dropped it to around 200 give or take, and I've lost around 6 pounds in a week. Is this too much and will it cause me to lose muscle? Almost all of my lifts this week have still been improving so I haven't lost any strength yet.

I'm worried that maybe I'm losing weight too fast. I think after another week the lose will slow down, but if not, isn't this too much? I haven't seriously tried cutting for a long time and I'm hoping to end up with almost the same amount of muscle that I have now. I'm really paranoid about losing muscle.

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Losing weight too fast
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 12:05:36 PM »
What is your goal?  I usually run 1 mile before working out 4 or 5 times a week.  I think that you need to pay more attention to your protein intake. 

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 12:11:22 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it.  Give it more time.  If your still losing 6 pounds per week in week 2, and 3, then I would be worried.  It was probably water weight.  Just eat good and clean, watch the sodium, drink water and you should be fine.

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 12:11:59 PM »
You will lose more in the first week of dieting with probably half of it being water.I would aim for a steady weight loss of 1-2 lbs per week to hang onto as much muscle as possible.If you are losing more than this cut back on the cardio and add it again when the weight loss stops or slows down-personally I would do little or no cardio until it's absolutely necessary.I think some muscle loss is inevitable for a natural if you want to get really ripped but keep your protein highish--200-250 g-to compensate.Even if you do lose a little muscle you may look smaller in clothes but way better on stage shredded(see the pics of Andrew Merrifield on NPA Yorkshire thread).

Lil Diesel

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 12:24:53 PM »
Yeah I guess I'm just being paranoid. I have a really slow metabolism, hence I do 45 mins of cardio 6 days a week. Also, I do keep my protein up, usually 250-300g. Problem is I use alot of shakes, it hard for me to get alot from solid foods.

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 05:07:15 AM »
the first week its a shock to your body so the 6 pounds isnt a big thing. me personally i lose wieght really fast thats why they say everyone is diffrent. i dont even have to do cardio. i did 13 weeks first contest was way to long i did 9 this time around was still to long even though i a hell of alot better.. from 7th first show to 2nd in second show.  next time i know i need to diet even less and keep calories higher. good luck..........

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 12:34:59 PM »
A loss of strength also will not always equal a loss of muscle.