Author Topic: The British Fighter - Michael Bisping impressed the hell out of me.  (Read 7346 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
After watching last nights fights, I had a couple of observations.

Michael Bisping is a hell of a fighter. He's got an excellent skill set and should win the "Six Figure Contract" easily. I even like him as a person, he seems like a decent guy in contrast to Ed Herman who just seems like an asshole.

The other heavyweight Josh Haynes is wholly unimpressive. The kid he fought last night was a joke, he nearly had no skills other than take downs, after the take down he didn't have any idea what to do. Just a terrible fight. Also, Haynes looks to me like he just lost a ton of weight and is still carrying around a lot of fat and loose skin, he also holds his arms out with Imaginary Lat Syndrome pretty fiercely. He should get beaten rather easily by Bisping.

Ed Herman won his match because Rory Springer quit, plain and simple didn't want to fight anymore. While I believe Ed Herman is talented he isn't 1/10 as talented as he thinks he is and to be honest he isn't impressive to watch. I'm picking Kendall Grove who is entertaining to watch if not fantastically talented to win the "Six Figure Contract".

Overall I am completely disappointed with the fighters this year, the only one I'm impressed with is Michael Bisping.

As for the Coaches, Tito did an excellent job. He seemed to honestly care about each of his fighters getting better and learning. He also cared about their conditioning.

Shamrock on the other hand was terrible. I don't think he cared about his fighters at all. He didn't push them, he didn't teach them. When they lost he looked like he was thinking to himself "hey it's not my fault". And his decision to bring a steroid guru is troubling in the extreme. How the hell did he think a steroid guru would help the fighters in a 6 week competition? Why didn't he bring in boxing coaches, and Jiu Jitsu coaches and wrestling coaches?

His decision to be a coach on the show was a mistake because fans that once looked up to him now see what he's really like and it's not impressive.

Sorry for the long post.

Geo

• Getbig IV
herman's somewhat impressive but he needs to keep his mouth shut

an123

• Getbig IV
Bisping will win the light heavyweights... But he wont be a factor in the UFC, maybe a journeyman.  He can get better though, so we'll see.

I think Kendal will win the middleweight contract.  Ed is slow, and Kendal with his distrubing reach advantage will prove too much for him.

Overall the talent in this season is lackluster.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
Good post; agreed w/ every word.
 A lot of MMA fans have heavily criticized this rest of this season's fighters as being the least impressive bunch; I honestly believe that it's one of the main reasons TUF 4 is going to be made of veteran fighters looking for a title shot.  Now that's a great idea; if I spend a season seeing a vet giving it all for a shot at the belt, it's pretty likely that I'll check out the fight on PPV.

Geo

• Getbig IV
if I spend a season seeing a vet giving it all for a shot at the belt, it's pretty likely that I'll check out the fight on PPV.

NOW you're thinkin like Dana

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
What can I say?  I'm a mark ;D

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
it's like those guys dont think at all during the fights..they're not setting anything up..they're not always looking for an opening..they're just back yard wrestling...

my own ground skills are better than the last few fights iv'e seen... even my stand up is pretty damned close

not to say i don't get my ass handed to me but come on...for a 6 figured contract? i'd be pulling "mortal kombat" shit outta my ass  >:(

kimura

• Getbig III
i'd be pulling "mortal kombat" shit outta my ass  >:(

lmao

;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
yeah tito seems to care a lot about his fighters, that's why he walks over to herman second after the win and congraculate him and spend the rest of the night talking shit about the fighter from his own team who just lost
Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
is it just me or did tito kind of look like he was gettin owned by shamrock when shamrock came over to talk shit to him at the end of that last episode.......

it's almost like tito was'nt in the right mood to be tito right then

either way tito's gonna trash shamrock again

wookie

• Getbig II
  • Hair Challenged Animal
Re: The British Fighter - Michael Bisping impressed the hell out of me.
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 07:44:33 PM »
is it just me or did tito kind of look like he was gettin owned by shamrock when shamrock came over to talk shit to him at the end of that last episode.......

it's almost like tito was'nt in the right mood to be tito right then

either way tito's gonna trash shamrock again
I think tito is just getting tired of it as he said, shamrock is bringing the same old shit everytime and he probably won't shut up even if tito defeats him one more time =)
Gigantische muskelmassen und stahlharte definition

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 09:02:03 PM »
I hung out with Mike last saturday night at Pure in Vegas and he's hella cool!  He was drinking like a fish and having a great time and was very talkative.  I told him it was cool how he was so up to being friendly and he commented saying..."...are you kidding me?...i'm a bigger fan of the top guys than anybody!...i'm no different that you!.."  I thought that was cool.  He kinda spoiled the show by slipping and he told me he was going on to fight Josh so I wished him luck.  I think he'll win and I can't wait to see him get better!  It's great being from Vegas and seeing all these famous people.  And it's even better when they don't forget who they really are which are human beings and not some super hero a$$hole like some people (ahhhhem, Andre' Arlovski..aka big shot!). 

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 03:34:50 AM »
so you go and spoil it for us too?  ::)

Pure, isnt that the club where the whole Titus/Baroni incident kicked off? Something to do with a guy called Stevie D?
Scouser on Tour

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 05:35:29 PM »
Arlovski barely speaks english, how could he be an asshole? :P.  In any case I hope he kills Silvia, that guy just bugs me.

As for Bisping, he is going to kill spikey dude.  Josh?  Has "heart" no doubt, but very little skill.  Bisping is a much more polished striker, and I can see him taking Josh's head off.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 02:45:44 AM »
Well apparently Arlovski isnt as humble as he once was. Since becomnig champion and getting all the exposure he has, its gone to his head. I wanna see fedor beat him down and force feed him a shitload of humble pie.

Its amazing, when i first came on here i dismissed pride and swore the UFC was untouchable. But now i honestly believe that there are very few men in UFC who could handle themselves over there
Scouser on Tour

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 10:22:14 PM »

Pure, isnt that the club where the whole Titus/Baroni incident kicked off? Something to do with a guy called Stevie D?

Sorry bro, didn't try to spoil anything.  The only thing I knew was the outcome of last week, not what's to come since it will be live.  As far as Pure being the spot for Baloni and Titus, i'm not sure, but I do remember reading that whole issue in MD or one of the other mags.  I spoke to Mike again the other day and I might meet up with him after the fight to go pound some drinks.  We'll see, I'll keep ya'll posted... ;D ;D ;D

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 10:29:23 PM »
Arlovski barely speaks english, how could he be an asshole? :P.  In any case I hope he kills Silvia, that guy just bugs me.

As for Bisping, he is going to kill spikey dude.  Josh?  Has "heart" no doubt, but very little skill.  Bisping is a much more polished striker, and I can see him taking Josh's head off.

Andre' might be a cool dude on TV when he's sober but when he gets a little intoxicated, it's a whole new world.  I guess when you're in Vegas and 10 thousand people are on your jock in a night club and your trying to have fun, you can get a little twisted.  All I did was say what's up and he thought I wanted a piece of him or something.  Next thing I know one of his buddies that swings off his nuts was in my face.  So I got a little ampted and told him to chill and I was just saying hi and then he was cool but damn these dudes jump off quick for nothing.  Andre and his buddies were mad dogging the whole club, very uncool since they were way drunk/on who knows what else and in the spot light!  Oh well, what do ya do? You would think they would be a little more secure with what they are capable of doing to normal people....or maybe not;D ;D ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 10:51:17 AM »

what part of the country do you live where everything is a spoiler?

first the non televised vitor/overeeem fight and now a nearly week old ultimate fighter episode

E
E

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 11:02:30 AM »
IT'S ON TONIGHT BABY!

Wolverine

• Getbig III
  • The Rabid Wolverine
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 03:34:52 PM »
Herman is a wannabe Chris Leben and both Mike B and Ross are good fighters, Mike has proven that a well rounded background can slip past any knocout punch

PS i cant wait for Tito to rip Shamrock apart
mrechef

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 05:43:34 PM »
I really think Shamrock is gonna take Tito if he could barely take Forrest..
grundle has no sack,

kimura

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 08:22:38 PM »
This one never gets old...

http://www.youtube.com/v/i06sv3-cZko

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 09:22:34 PM »
This one never gets old...

http://www.youtube.com/v/i06sv3-cZko

Thanks bro!  I needed a good laugh and everytime I see that which is probably a hundred, I just crack up!!! ;D