Author Topic: Random, but somewhat important, bodybuilding thoughts  (Read 1879 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Random, but somewhat important, bodybuilding thoughts
« on: June 16, 2006, 10:56:02 AM »
A couple of bodybuilding "things" that have not been previously discussed (as far as I know) will be posted here when and if I recall them with the hopes that some of you individuals who are  more involved with this "sport" would  add a few of your own and open them up for discussion.

Some of this may be more deep than most of us fans can swallow, so this is submitted for you other bodybuilding critters.

First of all ... I've known Chick for a good number of years now and have to admit that he is one great guy in his own right.

I believe that he is a "target" for many of us on this Board solely due to the position that he is presently in as the Athletes' IFBB Rep.

I think that that title is should be changed to IFBB Liason Officer with one added responsibility of offering suggestions to the IFBB  on behalf of hte athletes. I personally believe that it is impossible to be an "Athletes' Rep" under the present conditions and Chick's close association with the IFBB really prevents his from really representing anyone who wishes to make "noteworthy" advances that may be in conflict that organization's modus operandi.

And more important, I firmly believe that Chick's role as a "Target" is more than a happenstance.

THe "good cop/bad cop" analogy is somewhat appropriate here.

Many large US corporations set up a good cop/bad cop to take the "heat" off the president of that corporation so that that he can spend his time more efficiently to manage the daily affairs of that corporation.

Bob, as the "target", takes the heat off the real individuals who should be the "ground zero" of the majority of these heated arguments.

Bob is the enlisted man  who offers his "life" to protect the generals. He is "ground zero".

Bob is the buffer group that allows the real officers like Manion and others to handle the routine matters of running and controling a large  organization without experienceing the slings and arrows of outragious fortune which PFC Bob so willingly endures.

In a game of Chess, you initially assult the pawns; and once that is accomplished, you attempt to checkmate the King.

Those pawns are damn important but expendable, but the King should be the real target and the ultimate goal.

I think that Chick is more important than he realizes and that the King and his cohorts are very smart chess playing generals indeed.

End of that one .....

I know NPC promoters who belittle the NPC and offer adverse remarks about its national officials in public. They state that the officials gain financially at the expense  of the athletes and the promoters and that they have never seen a financial statement from the national office showing where all those membership and sanction fees, etc. is going.

I always respond .... "So if you think that the NPC is so corrupt, why do you continue to pay that NPC sanction fee and promote NPC events?"

And I always hear the same response, "Because we have to get the IFBB pros as guest posers!

But it is interesting to note that some IFBB pros do in fact participate in non-sanctioned boduybuilding contests. Is this a common practice or not?

Will a successful PDI affect the NPC by offering PDI pros as guest posers thereby allowing promoters to run a contest without an NPC sanction?

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
Re: Random, but somewhat important, bodybuilding thoughts
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 11:15:15 AM »
for anyone who didnt/doesnt feel like reading the above, you didnt miss anything

carry on
its comin today

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 11:35:40 AM »
for anyone who didnt/doesnt feel like reading the above, you didnt miss anything

carry on

LOL...THANKS FOR TELLING ME
Get Big, or Die Trying

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 11:37:23 AM »
you left out the important stuff.
E

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 12:58:24 PM »

Bob is the enlisted man  who offers his "life" to protect the generals. He is "ground zero".
Stunt, you've put some thought and work into this one. Good on you. But this one line struck me a little oddly, and I think herein lies some of the problem. You use a military analogy which sounds good on paper and maybe good for the masses, but would not ring true for any real fighting man. When the battle (and these days I may be stretching the word's meaning) is being fought, soldiers do do not fight for 'generals,' the American Way or their family, they fight for the man next to them in the trench, and hope that he, in turn, does the same for him. It has always been this way since the first conflict, and real soldiers acknowledge this to each other. Bob's behaviour, statements (meltdown's too) and general mien display little esprit de corps for those of his 'regiment' especially in light of the new PDI. I suggest that Bob's role is more mercenary, and yes, I use this word with its double definition to indicate a soldier for hire and also one primarily concerned with money.       

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 04:27:35 PM »

carry on

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 04:36:41 PM »
carry on

ROFLMAO. Another classic by Sir William. Please don't stop posting  ;D