Author Topic: The Vegan Experiment.  (Read 8756 times)

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
The Vegan Experiment.
« on: June 16, 2006, 03:19:08 PM »
   Thought I'd give the raw vegan route a try.  I have been raw omni(animal products included in diet) for about 2 yrs and thought I'd give the vegan way a chance.  Still going to stay strict with my no supplement rule and no more than 2 meals daily with maybe one snack a day rule.  We'll see how it goes, I'll do it as long as my body says it's cool, if that means forever then that is what I plan on doing; if it means just 2 days, then that will be it. I'd like, though, to keep it up for at least a month to see how both my body and my training change.  Here are some pics of me now:

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
Re: The Vegan Experiment.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 05:12:14 PM »
2 meals a day and no supplements. wow buddy your gonna get even smaller. vegan is cool. but you need to consume alot of protein and i dont think you can get that much protein without some whey. and only 2 meals a day. that just sounds horrible. but if your going for the lindsey lohan, paris hilton look. your right on track

IronGame

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 05:18:28 PM »
Why only 2 meals per day?  What is the reasoning?
white belt for life

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 05:57:36 PM »
eating constantly just doesn't make a lot of sense to me anymore.  I went that route when I was eating cooked, several years back, and I don't really want to go back, it left me no time for digestion...let alone anything else.  Really, to each his/her own...but I just don't want to do it anymore.  Anyway, I'm not trying to be Ronnie Coleman or anything, just the best I can be.  It's important to me that my lifestyle doesn't contradict my thoughts and beliefs in other areas of life, such as the evironment which I'm pretty passionate about-that's the other equally important reason for the vegan route and only 2 meals daily thing.  Basically I just want my lifestlye to be as sustainable as possible.  But like I said, if the vegan thing isn't sustaining me(which it very well might not), then I'll go back to raw omni and continue doing my best to get all my food from sustainable sources.     

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 08:12:18 PM »
2 meals a day and no supplements. wow buddy your gonna get even smaller. vegan is cool. but you need to consume alot of protein and i dont think you can get that much protein without some whey. and only 2 meals a day. that just sounds horrible. but if your going for the lindsey lohan, paris hilton look. your right on track

I don't know how well this will work, but you look great now.
"Shut the F up and train"

Prime

• Getbig IV
  • The force is strong in this'un
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 04:27:53 AM »
could you give a breakdown of you're current diet as a raw omi.  Im facinated.
[img]http://ima

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 07:54:29 AM »
Well, i've been raw lacto ovo veg for over a week now, but before then it was:

Morning meal-fat shake:
                               6-7 raw eggs, 1/4-1/2 lb un-pasteurized raw butter, 1 tbsp un-heated/raw honey, and 1 mango or banana or 1 pint raspberries.  This doesn't sound good but it's good as hell and I invite anyone to try it, with or without the raw butter(but DON'T do normal buttter that you find in the store), for their breakfast smoothie.

Evening Meal: 1-2lbs of raw meat, either chicken or beef, or bison(this is what I've been eating lately). 

Every now and then I would have an orange or two during the day.

Now my two meals are two huge salads with 1 whole head of lettuce, 1 pepper, some onion, 2 whole avocados, and 2-3 whole carrots, and some raw dressing.  I still seem to go back to the orange every now and again during the day. 

kimura

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 08:37:53 AM »

Evening Meal: 1-2lbs of raw meat, either chicken or beef, or bison(this is what I've been eating lately). 

Have you ever gotten sick from eating raw meats?  The thought of this makes me uneasy.

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 08:41:44 AM »
What's the advantage of eating raw meat-could be a high chance of food poisoning??
The diet seems to go against all bodybuilding protocols ie 6 meals a day but you look excellent in the pics.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 11:36:01 AM »
I only got really sick once or twice.  Once from meat and once from milk.  The meat, I should say, was rotten, not just raw.  That was also a long time ago.  I should also say that raw food can never poison anyone.  People poison themselves and thus give bacteria and/or parasites a fine place to thrive and multiply(bacteria/parasites thrive in sugar filled/toxic environment).  Ultimately though, they are life's little janitors and are here for our benefit.  The idea of good and bad bacteria is one that I don't, and most raw omnis, I would say, don't support...rather bacteria that do or do not have the ability to reproduce and thrive in your body as it is now. 

I can best explain it with the guns vs people argument, in who/what it is that kills people.  Well if you want to get super technical bullets kill people, but nobody goes around blaming bullets for murders.  The truth is, if the gun and the person weren't there then the other person would never have been shot.  It's the same with bacteria.  They are the bullets.  The last thing the person touches before they get sick.  But had the person not provided them a bacteria/parasite garden of eden to live in, there would have been no problem.  Now, I can eat old, smelly, brown, even somewhat rotting meat with no problem, along with mouldy fruits as well. 

The benefit to doing it is eating food that is:
     1. Not laced with by-products from the chemical change that occurs when food is burned(120 degrees and up)
     2. Recognized as the food it is, rather than a mutilated form of the food it was, making it near if not 100% assimilated vs the cooked that is often discarded or even, at times(depending on how cooked it is), engulfed by white blood cells as a foreign invader(I remember that from a source I cited a while back on a paper I wrote).

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 04:17:50 PM »
you my friend are weird

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 07:32:07 PM »
Your joking right.
How can you eat meat  & dairy and call your self Vegan??

Masters- 50-54
148#

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 10:28:18 PM »
Your joking right.
How can you eat meat  & dairy and call your self Vegan??

He can't.  And eating "raw" meat sounds kind of ghoulish. 

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 10:53:45 PM »
He means that he's going to TRY vegan. he's not a vegan yet. Anyway he looks good. As for the raw meat i'm too scared to try it. but I am doing the 10+ raw eggs thing myself now and I'm making my best gains in a long time.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 02:54:16 AM »
Wow, with that diet, no doubt you'll be ripped.  :-X

And as from raw meat you cannot get poisoned, but you'll have nice 12-20 feet worms slobbering around your guts eating your nutritions away. nothing harmful, just nasty.  :-X

IronGame

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 06:57:11 AM »
Before I would eat raw meat, I would just switch to rice, beans, peanutbutter, and tofu.  I don't even like sushi.
white belt for life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 01:05:48 PM »
Wow, with that diet, no doubt you'll be ripped.  :-X

And as from raw meat you cannot get poisoned, but you'll have nice 12-20 feet worms slobbering around your guts eating your nutritions away. nothing harmful, just nasty.  :-X

Yep:

"What is trichinellosis? 

Trichinellosis, also called trichinosis, is caused by eating raw or undercooked meat of animals infected with the larvae of a species of worm called Trichinella. Infection occurs commonly in certain wild carnivorous (meat-eating) animals but may also occur in domestic pigs."

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/trichinosis/factsht_trichinosis.htm

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 05:14:16 PM »
Yep! Nothing I have to worry about getting.
Masters- 50-54
148#

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 08:23:04 PM »
This cat looks great by the pics. But why eat raw meat and risk getting a heartworm? You can die from that.
"Shut the F up and train"

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 05:30:42 AM »
I'm not too worried about parasites anymore.  At first though , they were my biggest worry.  Bacteria never really gave me too much pause, but parasites really made me think.  Anyway, just like bacteria, and viruses for that matter, parasites need to have certain living conditions met to live and reproduce in an organism.  When you go raw and make a few lifestyle changes, making sure those living conditions are not met is a no brainer and done be default.  In fact, I'm not nearly as hardcore as some people out there.  Some eat meat that is weeks or even months old, smelling to all hell, and VISIBLY covered in maggots specifically for the additional bacteria because they consider it a part of a healthy organism and then get tested a month or two later for parasites and come up negative. 

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 08:04:44 AM »
I'm not too worried about parasites anymore.  At first though , they were my biggest worry.  Bacteria never really gave me too much pause, but parasites really made me think.  Anyway, just like bacteria, and viruses for that matter, parasites need to have certain living conditions met to live and reproduce in an organism.  When you go raw and make a few lifestyle changes, making sure those living conditions are not met is a no brainer and done be default.  In fact, I'm not nearly as hardcore as some people out there. Some eat meat that is weeks or even months old, smelling to all hell, and VISIBLY covered in maggots specifically for the additional bacteria because they consider it a part of a healthy organism and then get tested a month or two later for parasites and come up negative. 

I can't belive there are people who are this stupid.
Eating raw meat nowadays is like russian roulette. it's not like 200 or more years ago when there where literally no environmental poisons and animals were eating healthy natural foods themselves.
these creatures are cannibals nowadays, they are fed the remains of  slaughtered other animals, who might have benn diseased themselves or poisoned with lead, dioxin, whatever, the list is endless.
Eating raw meat is just plain stupid, and it is also not true that the body adjusts to parasites.
if you catch a worm that lives of human muscles (i don't know the name in english, sorry), your live is over. these things lay their eggs into muscle tissue and eat themselves out of the muscle after they hatch.
it causes terrible pain and destroys the muscle forever.
plain stupid.

edit: nothing against the maggots, if you let the meat rot and then eat only the maggots, you're fine.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 08:44:33 AM »
none of the food I buy comes from factory farms where those sort of things occur.  I often buy from the Amish or environmentally sound farmers.  My meat is strictly pesticide and chemical fertalizer free and 98-100% grass fed.  I do that for my own good as well as the environmental aspect.  But as far as raw vs. cooked goes though, environmental toxins are not somehow done away with in the cooking process, they are still very much there just as they were before the food was cooked.  Cooking doesn't make things disappear, it only kills things.  Pesticides and chemical fertilizers are not alive to begin with so the cooking process only changes the molecular structure...it doesn't, as I said, kill them or somehow make them disappear.   I don't think I recall saying that the body adjusts to parasites.  Although, we do have an immune system for a reason as well as hydrochloric acid in our stomachs to take care of such things. 

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 08:51:42 AM »
none of the food I buy comes from factory farms where those sort of things occur.  My meat strictly pesticide and chemical fertalizer free and 98-100% grass fed.

how can you know for sure? there is so much poison in the earth or coming along with the wind.

even if you buy your meat at a farm nearby, and even if you know the owner, i wouldn't rely on that.
the risk that something bad happens is just too high. humans are not intended to eat raw meat, even the flintstones bbqued their meat.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 09:03:52 AM »
you're right, I can't be 100% positive, but I trust most of the people I buy from.  What more can I do?  I'm not going to eat it cooked out of fear of some pesticides that would be there no matter what I did to it.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 11:05:10 AM »
   Thought I'd give the raw vegan route a try.  I have been raw omni(animal products included in diet) for about 2 yrs and thought I'd give the vegan way a chance.  Still going to stay strict with my no supplement rule and no more than 2 meals daily with maybe one snack a day rule.  We'll see how it goes, I'll do it as long as my body says it's cool, if that means forever then that is what I plan on doing; if it means just 2 days, then that will be it. I'd like, though, to keep it up for at least a month to see how both my body and my training change.  Here are some pics of me now:

I think that what you are doing now is working very well, ghood physique. why change if you have gotten such good results?