Author Topic: Protein Excess  (Read 1722 times)

THEBERG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Protein Excess
« on: June 16, 2006, 03:41:30 PM »
I was talking to a buddy in the gym last nite and he was saying that if your body stores protein it doesn't use (ie excess) then why cant the body reverse that process and turn fat or use fat to repair muscle.

I dont agree with this but an explanation of why this cant happen would be nice if someone has it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Protein Excess
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 03:46:33 PM »
I was talking to a buddy in the gym last nite and he was saying that if your body stores protein it doesn't use (ie excess) then why cant the body reverse that process and turn fat or use fat to repair muscle.

I dont agree with this but an explanation of why this cant happen would be nice if someone has it.

The difference is that Fat and Protein are metabolized completely different in the body.  That is the simple explanation.

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 04:26:42 PM »
TA, that's now what he's asking....douche. 

Any excess calorie can be converted to fatty acids.

Proteins are broken down to peptides, which are eventually broken down to a di-peptide form of amino acids.  These are then utilized to repair damaged protein (muscle), excess protein is converted to glucose through gluconeogenesis.  Any unused glucose from this form will be formed into triglycerides.  Excess triglycerides will then be stored as fat.  So, protein doesn't convert to fat.  Protein converts to glucose, which converts to fat. 

Fat cannot do this.  Fat is a very effective source of energy, but it is converted through energy through oxidative phosphorylation, which is differnt than the way sugar is converted to energy.  Fat is either used as an energy source, or stored as an energy source for later.  There are no amino acids in fatty acids, and fatty acids cannot be converted to the nitrogen based molecules that amino acids are. 

But, I'll let TA take over from here.  He'll probably tell you that pizza is the perfect dieting food, and getting ripped is so easy. 
So easy in fact, that he refused to do it.  He stops the process around 10%bf....and tells other people it's easy to get lower than that.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 07:03:40 AM »
adonis= owned and schooled