Author Topic: my feet hurt  (Read 11471 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: my feet hurt
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 07:55:27 AM »
ya I do something like that, Thanks

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2006, 12:29:11 PM »
Karl,
Go to a shoe store that tends to have old people as a customer base.  They should have birkenstock inserts that you can insert into what ever shoe (not open shoes like flip flop though) you are wearing.   Have the people working there to "fit" you for the inserts.

My workout partner, husband and I ALL had Planter F.  We used the inserts for a few months and now none of us have Planter F.  Mine was so bad I would limp in the mornings for awhile.

Onlyme had terrible Planter F and I believe he got some relief from the inserts.

The are about 50.00.  WELL WORTH the money.

Get them I guarantee they will help you :D

I got them.  Some days I could barely walk.  I was seeing a foot doctor whose main advice is that you have to stop running and lifting.  He would tape up my foot for a week and that helped a lot.  The foot doctor wanted $550 for custom made othotics.  I was thinking what if I got them and I didn't like the way they felt in my running shoes.  I got the Birkenstock inserts.  I found that I can't use them in running shoes because it causes the sneakers to slip in the heel.  In walking sneakers and my work boots they work great.  The control excessive pronation. the cork material that they are made of feels hard to the touch.  When you place your full body weight on them they feel like your are walking on soft pads.  I just got them so lets see if they improve my horrible arch pain.  I think I got it from doing full range calf work and running.  Something had to give in this 47 year old body.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 07:11:40 AM »
I got them.  Some days I could barely walk.  I was seeing a foot doctor whose main advice is that you have to stop running and lifting.  He would tape up my foot for a week and that helped a lot.  The foot doctor wanted $550 for custom made othotics.  I was thinking what if I got them and I didn't like the way they felt in my running shoes.  I got the Birkenstock inserts.  I found that I can't use them in running shoes because it causes the sneakers to slip in the heel.  In walking sneakers and my work boots they work great.  The control excessive pronation. the cork material that they are made of feels hard to the touch.  When you place your full body weight on them they feel like your are walking on soft pads.  I just got them so lets see if they improve my horrible arch pain.  I think I got it from doing full range calf work and running.  Something had to give in this 47 year old body.

Great!  Did you have someone "fit" you for them?  I had 2 different pairs, one pair for my athletic shoes (w/a lower arch) and one pair for enclosed shoes w/a heel (w/a higher arch [you probably would just need the lower arch one depending on your natural arch]).

I'm not a runner but my husband is and he used the inserts and was helped (his PF is gone too).

I never have to wear mine at all anymore. 

I'm very anxious to hear if these help you - if they do, maybe Karl Kox will finally get some >:(

:)
R

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2006, 06:07:57 PM »
Stella, So far they have helped.  I can't imagine using them in my running shoes.  Like I said it causes the heel to slip in my running shoes.  The foot doctor taped  up my foot really tight and it helped.  I now have the inserts and so far so good.  I'm walking in the morning with little pain.  That coming from 6 months of incredible pain in the morning.  No, I didn't have them fitted.  I ordered  on the web.

I'm trying to figure out how they helped.  I think they helped for two reasons.  First they control excessive pronation that stretch/twist the arch to the point of tearing.  The second is that the arch insert might actually stretch the arch in a beneficial way from walking on the insert. This could add flexibility to my old abused arch that could be tight from age, running, and calf work in the gym. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 03:10:52 PM »
it may be plantar fasciatis as YMBL posted.  I've had it and your symptoms sound similar to mine.  I had a very nad case where i needed to go to physical therapy and get implants for my shoes.  I had to wear the implants for several months.

I also has plantar fasciatis in the right foot after extensive walking (4-5 miles per day over several months).  I took a break from extensive walking for a month.  Also, at night, at the suggestion of my chiropractor brother-in-law, I rulled a tennis ball under the arch of my bare foot at night while watching TV.  Give it a try, it worked for me.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 07:41:38 AM »
my doc suggested I use a frozen water bottle

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 08:18:46 PM »
Stella, So far they have helped.  I can't imagine using them in my running shoes.  Like I said it causes the heel to slip in my running shoes.  The foot doctor taped  up my foot really tight and it helped.  I now have the inserts and so far so good.  I'm walking in the morning with little pain.  That coming from 6 months of incredible pain in the morning.  No, I didn't have them fitted.  I ordered  on the web.

I'm trying to figure out how they helped.  I think they helped for two reasons.  First they control excessive pronation that stretch/twist the arch to the point of tearing.  The second is that the arch insert might actually stretch the arch in a beneficial way from walking on the insert. This could add flexibility to my old abused arch that could be tight from age, running, and calf work in the gym. 

happy to hear they are working :)

maybe Karl Kox will try them one day >:(    :)
R

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2006, 08:10:41 PM »
LOL

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2006, 09:02:27 AM »
I have been using them at work for awhile now.  I am completely pain free but I'm sure the injury to the arch is still lurking waiting for an opportunity to come back.  The arch surports really helped.  Thanks Stella.   

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2006, 10:41:03 AM »
I have been using them at work for awhile now.  I am completely pain free but I'm sure the injury to the arch is still lurking waiting for an opportunity to come back.  The arch surports really helped.  Thanks Stella.   

That is wonderful!  Thanks for the update oldtimer1 :)

maybe Karl Kox will try them one day   >:(   

R

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2006, 02:37:56 PM »
 :P My feet have not hurt for a long while. Thank god.  But if they start again I will try them.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2006, 11:30:13 AM »
:P My feet have not hurt for a long while. Thank god.  But if they start again I will try them.

OK  >:(

I'm glad you're feeling better too :)
R

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2006, 11:31:23 AM »
OK  >:(

I'm glad you're feeling better too :)

Thank You, I am kinda supprized they hurt for so long.