Author Topic: Amp?!  (Read 5433 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Amp?!
« on: June 18, 2006, 01:36:59 PM »
Anyone used this? Opinions? Is it worth getting? From what I understand you only need to take a couple of pills, so let's say you only use it on legday, it should last pretty long and thus be good value for money, right?

Z

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Re: Amp?!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 01:40:21 PM »
tell us the ingredients might help

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 01:42:42 PM »
Supplement Facts
Serving Size 2 capsules
Servings Per Container 45

Amount per Serving

% Daily Value

AMP is a proprietary blend of:
Chocamine™
(Theobroma cacau seed)
Geranamine™
(constituent of Geranium oil)
Caffeine Anhydrous

625mg

*Daily Value not established
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 01:43:58 PM »
ErgoLean AMP™

Introducing ErgoLean AMP from ErgoPharm. This monstrous breakthrough represents a culmination of years of research, trial and error. Since the ephedra-free products have all fallen short of providing the buzz that drove the true frenzy associated with ephedra-based fat burners, Patrick Arnold and ErgoPharm set out to deliver where others failed.

Thermo-Stimulant Gadgets
Geranamine™ is a naturally occurring compound with adrenaline-like properties that has very potent and noticeable energy producing effects. It also has a very low toxicity (as determined by LD-50). Compared to ephedra its subjective effects are more central than peripheral, leading to a much more pleasant and tolerable energy enhancing experience.

Chocamine, a powerful stimulant possessing hunger-demolishing properties, earns inclusion in ErgoLean AMP. Chocamine contains several natural ingredients to both thwart hunger and stimulate the central nervous system.

Caffeine is well established as a fat-burning gadget. Its presence in AMP, coupled with Geranamine™ and Chocamine, makes this new weapon the most powerful and effective fat burner/energy enhancer on the market today.

No more puny ephedra-free products to serve rations of continual disappointment. ErgoLean AMP is a creature created to intimidate body fat, to pour electricity into your brain and to light a fire under your ass.

The new fat-loss standard.

Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 2-4 capsules a day. Best if used prior to strenuous exercise or whenever maximal mental and physical energy demands are required.
*Hardcore users should take 4 capsules per day - everyday.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 01:46:40 PM »
rock on.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 01:47:27 PM »
it's caffeine

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 01:48:50 PM »
bottom line is a lot of people swear by this product, so my guess is it does more than drinking a cup of coffee  before working out.
Z

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 01:49:47 PM »
It's GOOOOOOD stuff. Contains the stimulant methylhexaneamine. This stuff will be illegal before soon due to Amy Shipley. She wrote an article on it, comparing it to amphetamines.

Best results: stack with a small dose of ephedrine.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 01:53:15 PM »
bottom line is a lot of people swear by this product, so my guess is it does more than drinking a cup of coffee  before working out.

a cup of coffee has between 40 and 176 mg. of caffeine.   you wrote this has 625 mg.  Have 6-7 cups of coffee and see how good of workouts you have.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 01:57:40 PM »

a cup of coffee has between 40 and 176 mg. of caffeine.   you wrote this has 625 mg.  Have 6-7 cups of coffee and see how good of workouts you have.
No, the whole cap is 625mg. Only 140mg caffeine per 2 cap serving.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 02:05:32 PM »
so if it's equal to a cup of coffee in caffein, there must be more to it. nobody would buy a product with that alone since it wouldn't do shit.
Z

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 02:12:30 PM »
so if it's equal to a cup of coffee in caffein, there must be more to it. nobody would buy a product with that alone since it wouldn't do shit.
Did you read my previous post? There is an unnamed, but now revealed, stimulant in there. You have to try it and see if it works for you. Some say they don't notice anything besides the caffeine. For others, like myself, it gives a distinct boost beyond the caffeine. A smooth, slightly euphoric buzz. Stacked with ephedrine = the bomb.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 02:14:20 PM »
Chemist's New Product Contains Hidden Substance

By Amy Shipley
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, May 8, 2006; Page E01

An Illinois chemist awaiting sentencing for his role in the biggest steroid scandal in U.S. history has for months been involved in marketing a dietary supplement containing a little-known amphetamine-like substance that would be undetectable in current sports drug tests, according to an analysis of the product for The Post.

Patrick Arnold, who in a recent plea deal admitted providing steroids to the drug ring that ensnared Barry Bonds and a number of other famous athletes, runs a company that has been selling the amphetamine-like compound over the Internet in a dietary supplement that describes the substance with the invented trademark name Geranamine.

Patrick Arnold has admitted designing a steroid for the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative. (By Jeff Chiu -- Associated Press)

It is illegal to sell dietary supplements without listing the ingredients by their common or usual names, according to Robert Moore, the Food and Drug Administration's Team Leader in the Division of Dietary Supplement Programs.

The product, Ergopharm's Ergolean AMP, contains an obscure substance that was patented in 1944 and considered for use as an inhalant for nasal decongestion by Eli Lilly and Company. It is known as methylhexaneamine, according to Don Catlin, a noted researcher who analyzed the product and was reimbursed for the work by The Post.

"The chemical structure is similar to amphetamines and ephedrine," said Catlin, whose Los Angeles laboratory provides drug testing for Olympic sports, minor league baseball, the NFL and NCAA. "In this class of drugs, everything depends on the dose. Take enough of it and your heart rate and blood pressure will go up and you can die."

Amphetamines are illegal without a prescription. An official at one of Arnold's companies told The Post the substance was legal because it could be found in nature. Ephedrine, also found in nature, was banned from the dietary supplement market after Baltimore Orioles pitcher Steve Bechler in 2003 died after using it.

Stimulants have been abused by athletes for decades and were considered mainstays in Major League Baseball clubhouses, many players have said publicly, before baseball began a drug testing program in 2004. Because methylhexaneamine would not show up in standard drug screens -- though that will quickly change as soon as Catlin's discovery is publicized -- it could offer athletes in sports that test for stimulants such as ephedrine and amphetamines an alternative that would not produce a positive test.

Athletes have shown they are desperate for such shortcuts. A number of top track and field athletes, including burgeoning superstar Kelli White, were found in 2003 to be using modafinil, which is a prescription drug used to treat narcolepsy that also is in the amphetamines class. After testing positive for the drug under a strict testing code unique to France, White was forced to relinquish her 2003 world championship medals in the 100 and 200 meters. The drug later was banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency.

Companies that wish to market ingredients that have never before been sold in dietary supplements are required to notify the FDA before doing so and to provide information about the product's safety. The FDA has received no notification about methylhexaneamine from Ergopharm, an FDA spokesperson said. Companies are only exempted from this pre-market notification if the ingredient was marketed in a supplement before 1994 or has a history of use in the food supply.

AMP's label states that the product is a "proprietary blend" of Geranamine, theobroma cacau seed and caffeine. Geranamine has no scientific meaning, Catlin said. The trademark was applied for in January 2005 and is held by Proviant, Ergopharm's parent company. According to the trademark registration, Geranamine is a "constituent of flower oil sold as an integral component of nutritional supplements."

In response to an e-mail query directed to Arnold about methylhexaneamine's presence in AMP and the product's legality, Matthew Daniel, a research and development chemist at Proviant, said Geranamine was found in nature and therefore legal to market in a dietary supplement. He included a reference line to a Chinese research paper.

"Geranamine was found to be in geranium oil that was extracted from geranium plants," Daniel wrote in his only e-mail response. "It is a naturally occuring [sic] compound."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/07/AR2006050700913.html

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 02:15:49 PM »
Did you read my previous post? There is an unnamed, but now revealed, stimulant in there. You have to try it and see if it works for you. Some say they don't notice anything besides the caffeine. For others, like myself, it gives a distinct boost beyond the caffeine. A smooth, slightly euphoric buzz. Stacked with ephedrine = the bomb.

yup i read it thanks, my post where directed to tim.

do you think it's possible to just use it at some of the workouts, let's say once or twice a week, then a bottle of those should last a while?
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 02:21:16 PM »
thanks for the link Van, are you filling your basement if/when it get's banned?  ;D
Z

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 02:30:29 PM »
Ok, here is my honest review of the stuff.  I used it yesterday. 

It does contain one unique ingredient I think.  The caffiene dose is 140mg I believe - so it's certainly not much compared to the many products out there with 200-300mg per serving.

As for the feel, it is in no way a jacked feeling like the old ephedra products.  It will crank you up for a workout just fine, but I would only use it in a rotation with other energizers (so not to get used to any igredient dose or combination easily - keep your body guessing).  Redline by VPX is by far a stronger enregizer - more ingredients and mg.  If you by this, don't expect to be floored by the results - it's is more to me just a different combination of ingredients - so it feels a little different, but nothing incredibly through the roof.

You will see posts here of people just raving about this - but many admit to taking 4-6 caps (2-3x the dose) to get this.  Any energizer would be the "best ever" if you took 3 doses.

You can get a free sample on the Ergopharm website (though it is a little tough to find).  Probably the way to go to ensure you want to buy a whole bottle.  Overall, the part I DO like is that I feel I can trust the list of ingredients to actually be there (vs a company I never heard of selling energizers) as Patrick certainly does want to be known for selling quality products.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: It looks like the free sample is no longer available on their site  :(
Motherboy (the band).

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 02:32:36 PM »
do you think it's possible to just use it at some of the workouts, let's say once or twice a week, then a bottle of those should last a while?
I'm not sure what you mean but of course it would last a while if you only dose once or twice a week. Best used that way, you don't get desensitized to it. I use it most days though LOL. It doesn't quite give the cracked out feeling of ephedrine, more smooth and clean type of buzz. I stack it with ephedrine to get "ripped to the tits" LOL.

I read that some reasearch chemical sellers will be selling this chemical in powder form. Bad news, will only hasten the time it takes to ban. You just know peeps will be snorting this shit.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 02:50:24 PM »
Also, here is a link to where you can get it at a very good price (a very reputable online store):

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/product_information.asp?number=EG038&back=yes&dept=1043&last=1043
Motherboy (the band).

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 02:55:40 PM »
thanks. im not really into supplements but i thought i might try something like this on those legdays when you just don't have that spark.
Z

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 02:58:27 PM »

I think its on a whole other level besides a cup or two of coffee. The 3 main ingredients are:
Caffeine
Chocamine (sp?)
Geranamine

I've used it on 3 occasions and its two unpredictable for me. 2 caps pre-work out w a meal and all I felt was a mild caffeine buzz. 3 caps on an empty stomach pre-workout almost had me driving myself to the hospital shortly after because I felt like I was coked out of my gord (think Uma Therman/Pulp Fiction the few seconds after she takes that massive hit then realizes what she's done) I've asked P. Arnold about it and it is possible some people are sensitive/borderline allergic to chocamine, so that could be what did it on a empty stomach. The third time it was 1 cap on an empty stomach and I felt great for 2-3 hours, no crash but I did have a headache afterward. Now it sits on my shelf where it will remain...

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 03:18:01 PM »
dude

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=70793.0

ask Princess L

take 1 Vasopro (25mg ephedrine), 200mg caffine pill, 81 mg aspirin

3 times per day
Here comes the money shot

Bluto