Author Topic: Who wants to watch 162 bodybuilding contests a year !!!  (Read 1432 times)

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
Who wants to watch 162 bodybuilding contests a year !!!
« on: June 18, 2006, 01:50:39 PM »
Howdy folks !!! Happy Fathers day to the dads, and I would like to put in my 2 cents about an ongoing topic about making bodybuilding mainstream.

Well, cant see it happening...Its a dead issue...

Some of the threads about it, and the replys are well thought out and creative...

But it just aint meant to be !!!

I have been a fan for 35 years, read about 3 of the magazines a month, attend the Arnold Classic every year, Get the Olympia on PPV every year, plus view the other pro contests on line, work out at a gym, briefly competed years ago, have spent thousands of dollars on everything from dessicated Liver Tablets to protein powders to creatine, and regulary post and view all the happenings here on getbig.

So I'm into it.

But ya know what , I tend to get restless and bored with the contests as time drags on, you can only strike so many poses, and see so many competitors flexing ----------some of the major pro contests have too many competitors---------and one smaller local show I attended recently had 127 competitors (men and women combined) !!!   Way too long and repititious !!! But thats another topic.

Could we watch 162 pro bodybuilding contests a year like some of us watch 162 baseball games a year ?
(I'm not even counting exhibition or playoff games either)

Or 82 contests a year (like the NBA)

Or a contest every sunday plus one or two thrown in during the week like the NFL ?

Personally I would be bored to death to see that many contests. I start to get restless about one hour into a pro show because it gets too repetitious after awhile.

In my opinion, it has a saturation point that is reached real quickly.

Hey , it is what it is, it is not so bad, bodybuilding is great.

But how many of you would watch 82 to 162 contests a year ?

21_Grams

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Who wants to watch 162 bodybuilding contests a year !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 02:20:03 PM »
I have to agree with you, the only time I attend is if someone I know is doing the show and once their done I'm pretty much gone, I do like to mingle around the expo's and see some of the people I haven't seen for a while, as far as the show you can get bored pretty quick.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 02:20:09 PM »
Howdy folks !!! Happy Fathers day to the dads, and I would like to put in my 2 cents about an ongoing topic about making bodybuilding mainstream.

Well, cant see it happening...Its a dead issue...

Some of the threads about it, and the replys are well thought out and creative...

But it just aint meant to be !!!

I have been a fan for 35 years, read about 3 of the magazines a month, attend the Arnold Classic every year, Get the Olympia on PPV every year, plus view the other pro contests on line, work out at a gym, briefly competed years ago, have spent thousands of dollars on everything from dessicated Liver Tablets to protein powders to creatine, and regulary post and view all the happenings here on getbig.

So I'm into it.

But ya know what , I tend to get restless and bored with the contests as time drags on, you can only strike so many poses, and see so many competitors flexing ----------some of the major pro contests have too many competitors---------and one smaller local show I attended recently had 127 competitors (men and women combined) !!!   Way too long and repititious !!! But thats another topic.

Could we watch 162 pro bodybuilding contests a year like some of us watch 162 baseball games a year ?
(I'm not even counting exhibition or playoff games either)

Or 82 contests a year (like the NBA)

Or a contest every sunday plus one or two thrown in during the week like the NFL ?

Personally I would be bored to death to see that many contests. I start to get restless about one hour into a pro show because it gets too repetitious after awhile.

In my opinion, it has a saturation point that is reached real quickly.

Hey , it is what it is, it is not so bad, bodybuilding is great.

But how many of you would watch 82 to 162 contests a year ?
You're setting up a straw man here Peaking. Here's what you do: You choose a team (or in this case a bb or two), get out to the stadium a few times a year to watch your team play some good teams and have a good time with the lads. Capiche?

/why do people gotta complicate things.....?

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 03:27:18 PM »
Dr. Chimps has spoken !!!  :)