Author Topic: for those of you  (Read 1430 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
for those of you
« on: June 19, 2006, 10:12:08 AM »
that remember me asking about how to bring up my left hand...

training started last week...and i'm loving it...and so are my fucked up knuckles  :P

when asked what i felt my weaknesses were i immediately said my left hand...NOW

i fight leading with my right...i fight south paw but i'm right handed...don't ask.  i've always fought this way.  i feel that all my punches with my right are devastating and so does my instructor.  So in order to fix my left problem he had my to nothing but throw with my left and cover with my right for an entire session.  WORKED GREAT! not only do i feel more confident but the striking power is just as good in my body shots and jabs...my cross and straight are weak but are getting better.

then today we're runnign a session of just jabs with my right to keep my opponent back and using it for setting up harder left shots. 

we shall see! if you guys are having a fit with something like i was...here's how i'm fixing it  :)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Re: for those of you
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 10:27:08 AM »
you sound like i was, relying on your strong hand for everything. When i first started punching with my left if felt so alien, i couldnt generate power no matter what i did. Hell i kept spraining my wrist because the movement was uncontrolled.

Good to hear youre committed to improving your overall ability. There are too many people who are 1 handed, thats why Chuck, Vitor, Baroni etc are so exciting because they can knock you out anyway they like. Keep progressing mate
Scouser on Tour

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:29:49 AM »
ever have those nightmares where you're trying to beat someone's ass and you just can't hurt them no matter how hard you try to punch?  hahaha..that's what it was like using my left til lately...

what bothered my coach was that i fight like i'm left handed..he still doesn't get that...

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 10:44:33 AM »
yeah i have, im punching fuck out of the guy and hes just looking at me. It does actually scare me because i like to think that if im laying into someone the theyre going to go down hard. The idea of banging someone and then seeing it has no effect scares the shit out of me. Its never happened yet but if it does i think my arse will hit the floor before my mouth does
Scouser on Tour

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 10:51:03 AM »
lol

then god created bjj

and a nasty roundhouse kick  ;D