Author Topic: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly thoughts from latrell for Bob and others..  (Read 1677 times)

latrell

listening to the show two things made me think

1. Bob's arguement about bodybuilding not being on t.v and and other events such as tic tac toe etc.. being on t.v

What I have to say about it is this. Bodybuilding during and the post Arnold era was actually becoming quite mainstream and very popular. Over the years bodybuilding was on numerous channels like ESPN, Fox Sports, PPV etc.. But the ratings kept going down and down and down.. You know what the reason is Bob and others.. Because The IFBB has done nothing to make the sport more entertaining. All it is, is continious guy after guy coming on stage and posing to a certain song. Same poses same everything. This is very boring for the general public. The factor of it being very boring (like you said yourself) and the factor of a lot of members of the general population thinking its either disgusting or gay to see someone that huge 95 percent naked on stage prancing around. Of course I disagree but this is the case almost everywhere. IFBB shows are very boring, except for the final result, and the IFBB itself has done nothing to improve it. The general public knows nothing about any of the athletes, or what is going on in the sport itself, that is why no one is watching it as well.

Solution: The IFBB and its athletes have to come up with solutions to make the competitions more entertaining, or even something like reality shows forwarded to ESPN that takes you through the lives of IFBB pro athletes. I'm sure a lot of people over time would tune into that.

2. The whole issue with the magazines.

Obviously those magazines aren't going to make much revenue, yes they are the biggest magazines out of all the bodybuilding ones, but compare them to other magazines, revenue sucks. All these magazines are the same these days, filled with muscle-tech and BSN etc.. ads, and filled with b.s. What, we get this 1-2 times every 2-3 months just to see pictures and what not, not for the information thats in it. 90 percent of the mags are filled with advertisement or b.s articles. We would much rather read online than read an ad fulled magazine. In conclusion to this, the new owner, whoever it is, should do something to change the magazine for the better or for better terms 'spice it up'. I don't know what exactly, but for damn sure they should hire better writers and editors and cut  the damn ads cuz they are just getting very annoying.

3. Bodybuilders should qualify for the Olympia

I agree with Bob, every athlete should qualify for the Olympia, including Ron. And it shouldn't be a few weeks out of it, there should be like a 3 month timeline between the qualification and the Olympia, so bodybuilders are at shape all year round and actually competing all year round. Yes bodybuilders are preparing for a very long time and what not, but what kind of sport is it for the general public if we can see the best bodybuilders once a damn year???

Ladies and gents those are my thoughts and raves about the sport and what is generally happening in bodybuilding today. Feel free to comment or add.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly thoughts from latrell for Bob and others..
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 06:20:20 PM »
Bob's arguement about bodybuilding not being on t.v and and other events such as tic tac toe etc.. being on t.v

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 06:17:37 PM »

my thoughts:  why does a brotha like latrell gots ta be jivin in the 3rd person all da time?
its comin today

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »
my thoughts:  why does a brotha like latrell gots ta be jivin in the 3rd person all da time?

Cause it's Spreewell.
Motherboy (the band).

thisiskeith12

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 08:12:24 PM »
Cause it's Spreewell.

There's been only one guy that's been able to carry a mainstream persona and that's Arnold. You could say Arnold was small and he wouldn't have taken it personally unlike many bodybuilders of today.

latrell