Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman To Retire?  (Read 22721 times)

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Ronnie Coleman To Retire?
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 05:11:42 AM »
Its due to the misplaced belief that should ronnie not decide to enter, heath by hype and hype alone could win the whole thing.

Utter bollocks.

Hop of heath's stick before its too late

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 06:13:09 AM »
This whole thread is utterly retarded. Retiring before the show? Why the hell would he be 320 lbs in June then? Go on Mayhem and look at the "Weekend with Ronnie" thread, there's a dozen pics from last weekend.

His tricep DOES look bad, and he is disgustingly huge, but he doesn't look like a man retired.

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 06:59:32 AM »
I agree with anyone who said this thread is retarded. First off, Ronnie will stay for as long as he wants...and Phil may be good on the colorado pro stage...BUT....stand him next to Ronnie, Dexter, Jay, etc....he is getting SMOKED. Not that he isn't good...he doesnt have the experience or stage presence to stand with those guys. Period.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 07:08:23 AM »
Pics taken a couple of days ago along with some comments:

Ronnie showed up in his hummer to pick us up to go eat. Ron is about 320 right now......freaky huge people. Seriously...... Went back to his house to watch the heat-mavs game and Gus Carter. Quincy taylor showed up as well. Metroflex was closed so he trained at ron's house. Tired from flying, so i'm gonna get some shud eye!! I won't have pics posted till sunday night. later

Today was a great day! lol. It was very very hot and humid, about 94. Ronnie did legs today. 6 plates a side for squats fpr 12 reps. Leg press for 21 plates per side for 13(he went damn deep too) then he did lunges, 2 sets 75 yards, then hamsrings. Got some good pics. Then we all went to a Rangers game, which was really fun.

As far as chad goes, I didn't talk to Ronnie about Chad much, but he said that he is going to see how his weight is right up till Chad and him see fit to change it up.

People don't understand that his calves are about 20 inches. I asked how big his quads are currently, and he said about 38 pumped.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 07:11:41 AM »

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 07:13:09 AM »

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 07:26:26 AM »
When Yates retired, everyone thought Flex had a lock on the O.  Even Flex thought the Sandow was His by just showing up.  Remember when that huge elephant looking mass monster walked on stage and everyones jaw dropped, even Wheeler's?  Someone will walk out on stage, maby Badell, maby Jay, maby someone like Coleman, who barely made top 10 in his previous tries.  I hope for the sake of keeping the O the biggest show out their, someone comes in and drops jaws like some under ranked bodybuilder did 9 years ago.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 07:39:22 AM »
When Yates retired, everyone thought Flex had a lock on the O.  Even Flex thought the Sandow was His by just showing up.  Remember when that huge elephant looking mass monster walked on stage and everyones jaw dropped, even Wheeler's?  Someone will walk out on stage, maby Badell, maby Jay, maby someone like Coleman, who barely made top 10 in his previous tries.  I hope for the sake of keeping the O the biggest show out their, someone comes in and drops jaws like some under ranked bodybuilder did 9 years ago.

agree

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 07:45:46 AM »
Ronnie accomplished little in bodybuilding.

get more knowledge on bodybuilding, before you say garbage like this
Get Big, or Die Trying

Freakzilla_2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 07:51:17 AM »
I remember that show.  When Coleman came out on stage the show was over, and everyone knew it.....even Flex.

Freak :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 07:54:34 AM »
If those pics are recent, then jay should get a refund on his plane ticket.  Lights out.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2006, 07:58:14 AM »
I was thinking the same thing, especially with the tri injury. But if those are indeed recent pics he looks ready to rock and roll to me. left arm looks fine from what you can see of it. I stiil agree with 240 to a point that come mid september if things aren't coming together he just might call it a day. It just feels like it's time for a change, the "sport" is as stagnant as it has ever been. And as much as as I hate to say it, the PDI could be a factor. The IFBB might consider this to be a good year to shake things and bring the focus back to them.George Steinbrenner does this all the time. Whenever the Mets dominate the sports page he does something to bring attention back to the Yankees.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 08:19:21 AM »
Thank you pumpster!  Take a look at his face.  He has the little thin beard line along his cheek.  Just started doing that within the last month or so.  Those pics are as recent as the ones with Monica... which were taken June 10th 2006.

GetBig is great at producting wagon jumpers.  Cant believe fools are talking about Phil winning the O.  He is trying to go 7-0 or 8-0, and he knows it wont happen at the O.  As GH15 said, he is out of the top 6 this yr.

Let us talk about who will be 2nd.   
Oh...Monica!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 08:49:39 AM »

Recent pics show Ronnie TORE A TRICEP in December.  Not many athletes can come back inside a year from an injury like this, much less a 40+ year old man on top of the sport.

Cutler says Ronnies tri isnt torn....but Ronnie had injured it and suffers from bad tendonitis.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2006, 08:55:28 AM »
As Guy Grundy observed during this week's PBW - probably not realizing what a sad commentary it was - Ronnie doesn't have anything in his life besides being Mr. O. So he'll defend the title for as long as he's confident that the judges will continue to give him first place even when he doesn't deserve it.

Anyone want to bet on how long that will be?

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2006, 09:03:27 AM »
As Guy Grundy observed during this week's PBW - probably not realizing what a sad commentary it was - Ronnie doesn't have anything in his life besides being Mr. O. So he'll defend the title for as long as he's confident that the judges will continue to give him first place even when he doesn't deserve it.

Who is Guy Grundy??? 
Oh...Monica!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2006, 09:05:50 AM »

How does he know that, what's his definition or basis for that and why did you bother giving him credence by paraphrasing?

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2006, 09:12:38 AM »
Look out for Freeman

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2006, 09:14:52 AM »

Grundy needs to drain the synthol from his brain and show the man some respect! Fuck Guy Grundy - Long live King Coleman.

migizi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2006, 09:18:17 AM »
he wants to make history, so no one can touch his record. Yeah Buddy!!!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2006, 09:18:36 AM »
How does he know that, what's his definition or basis for that and why did you bother giving him credence by paraphrasing?

I'm sure Dan and Bob wouldn't have given Mr. Grundy [ who I never heard of before either, but is apparently an Aussie BB champion of some sort : http://www.criticalbench.com/Guy-Grundy.htm ] a coveted spot at the roundtable if he wasn't knowledgeable.  ;)

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2006, 09:21:11 AM »
Regardless of whether he retires or not, Coleman has given much to this sport.

From my perspective, the most important thing he has brought and will leave behind is an ability and willingness to work out at an incredible level of intensity with incredibly heavy weights. I will never forget the first time I saw the Unbelievable. I could not believe a man could be that strong looking the way he did.

He truly walks the walk and it will be a long time until we see another like him.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2006, 09:23:54 AM »
I would guess that most pros dont have much going on besides bodybuilding. How balanced can a person be when they are on damaging drugs for 15 straight years. The number of pros who died in the past 2 years has to be disheartening for guys like Coleman.

How fruitful is bodybuilding?

Levrone .....No Kids
Coleman...42 and still into rap music :P
Flex...health problems and having yard sales just to stay afloat finacially
DJ....drug dealer
Shawn ....drug dealer
Milos....drug dealer
Martinez....drug dealer
Don Long...health problems
Mattarazzo...health problems
Prince...health problems
Titus.....News at 11

Guys like Jay, Darrem Charles, and Henry should get out now

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2006, 09:25:52 AM »
Levrone .....No Kids
Coleman...42 and still into rap music

Those first two are absurd-does Lavrone want kids?

What exactly should Coleman train to?

I'm sure Dan and Bob wouldn't have given Mr. Grundy [ who I never heard of before either, but is apparently an Aussie BB champion of some sort : http://www.criticalbench.com/Guy-Grundy.htm ] a coveted spot at the roundtable if he wasn't knowledgeable.
Aussie champion? Well in that case.. ::) Doesn't mean his words are gold; would like to know why he said that other than to get attention and make himself feel better.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2006, 09:28:45 AM »
Those first two are absurd-why would Lavrone have to have kids? And what exactly should Coleman train to? Your logic is bizarre on some of these.

Levrone has been married since he was like 21 years old.....yes he did get divorced and re-marry his former wife....but he is a christian, and a supposed family man. take steroids out of the equation and I'd bet he would have 3-4 kids at this point of his life.