Author Topic: Chris Cook taking 8 months off training after truning pro  (Read 6654 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Chris Cook taking 8 months off training after truning pro
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 03:41:32 PM »
Knowing Chris, he would have never stepped on stage looking like that unless he was in a position where he felt he had to ( contract, ect).

I don't know anything about his personanlity, or think he's much to write home about as a bodybuilder.

Still, if Cook was class act, and someone twists it into him being a weasel, I think that's beyond fcuked up.

That's not "just kidding around"...

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 03:43:56 PM »
Forget whether he ended up collecting money or not. Just for walking on stage like this, he deserves the kind of brutal savage ridicule that only Internet cowards like myself can dish out.

I agree with you totally.

But the guy never send back any check AFTER pics were posted on the "boards".

He simply declined getting paid.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 03:44:38 PM »
I know I typically start threads with nefarious motives... but this one I meant- why did he take 8 months off training right after turning pro?  He does a few photoshoots, gets a weider deal, then just stops trianing? it makes no sense.  I like his shape/size and do think he could be top 10 O with 2 years of magic, ala Vic M.   But I am curious about why he took such a long break at such a time.

I didn't know he declined the check that day- i read on getbig that he 'sent it back' so that it my mistake then.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 03:46:38 PM »
Has Cook ever admitted in any interviews why he chose to do such a long layoff ater turning pro?  Everyone needs to rest, and there were rumors of health issues, but has he ever made any official statements on why he took so much time off?  his three placings since then have been bottom third at each show, and while he has some great genetics, he hasn't been able to get into shape yet.

So what's the good word? Has he ever spoken on it?

Turning pro means Sponsorships------>help pay for serious food bills, and all the other "stuff"...most amateurs turn a huge corner when they turn pro..for the better...this pic of Chris cook means nothing to me, ill admit its a bad pic, but whatever man, off season is off season, guest posing is guest posing, who cares...

humble pie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 03:50:07 PM »
i believe i read that Cook wanted time to work on his physique, just because you qualify to be a Pro, does not necesarily mean your ready to compete against the other Pro's

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 03:52:55 PM »
just because you qualify to be a Pro, does not necesarily mean your ready to compete against the other Pro's

Tell it to that runt who won the bantamweight division at the Nationals. He's ready to take his 150 pounds of shredded beef to the Arnold.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 03:57:14 PM »
Tell it to that runt who won the bantamweight division at the Nationals. He's ready to take his 150 pounds of shredded beef to the Arnold.

Clifton Torres is kool.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Stavios

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 04:26:27 PM »
I know I typically start threads with nefarious motives... but this one I meant- why did he take 8 months off training right after turning pro?  He does a few photoshoots, gets a weider deal, then just stops trianing? it makes no sense.  I like his shape/size and do think he could be top 10 O with 2 years of magic, ala Vic M.   But I am curious about why he took such a long break at such a time.

I didn't know he declined the check that day- i read on getbig that he 'sent it back' so that it my mistake then.

Get your fact straight, Chris looked great at his pro debut in New York.
He looked bad this year but that as nothing to do with him taking time off after his pro debut  ??? ???
in fact when he won the national he did the NY Pro like ... maybe 5 months after ?

Stavios

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 04:38:28 PM »
240, why do you start bullshit with wrong facts ?

speak on this

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 04:43:30 PM »
fair enough, what is the timeline?  how many shows were under his belt before he took 8 months off?  more importantly, why would a guy with a new weider contract and (we're now hearing) in talks with other supp cos decide to just not touch a weight for 8 months? 

He is a pro Bber.  What else did he do for those 8 months?  I'm not flaming him, I am just curious.  You hear about guys all the time who turn pro then take a break to bulk up, etc.  But he devotes his entire life (even living in a car at one point) to becoming a pro Bber, reaches this goal, then decides to just stop lifting? Weird.

Stavios

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 04:47:31 PM »
fair enough, what is the timeline?  how many shows were under his belt before he took 8 months off?  more importantly, why would a guy with a new weider contract and (we're now hearing) in talks with other supp cos decide to just not touch a weight for 8 months? 

He is a pro Bber.  What else did he do for those 8 months?  I'm not flaming him, I am just curious.  You hear about guys all the time who turn pro then take a break to bulk up, etc.  But he devotes his entire life (even living in a car at one point) to becoming a pro Bber, reaches this goal, then decides to just stop lifting? Weird.

His contract with Weider wasn't new at all. He had it while being an amateur !
he was competing every year at the national level, I mean the guy can take 8 months off if he wants to.

He took that time off after doing NY PRO and Toronto Pro. He missed the europa, southwest pro, the Olympia ( he wasn't qualified) and the Ironman.

that's it !

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2006, 04:50:24 PM »
I mean the guy can take 8 months off if he wants to.

Not if he wants to proudly represent the industry-leading line of supplements offered by Gamma-O, punk.

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 04:58:33 PM »
Thanks Jack.  Good luck in the NOC, bro!
Hey Mark! How have you been?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 05:02:44 PM »
240 owns Cook in that shot  ;D