Author Topic: Tom Prince- Incredible mass and posing  (Read 65205 times)

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
Re: TOM PRINCE
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2006, 01:57:05 PM »
I agree with a lot of what you are saying here, but, he really was arrogant and stupid on these boards. I don't wish any harm to the man, but, it really is a shame he was such a jerk on here, and still apparently lying about his situation.

If he wanted any respect, he would come clean about his situation, and maybe try to educate the people he used to shit on. If he and some of his friends on here were honest, and maybe used this as something positive and maybe warn people of the dangers of diuretics and other "aids", I can pretty much bet people would stop shitting on him.

poetic justice.  no grandstanding here.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2006, 01:58:09 PM »
I agree with a lot of what you are saying here, but, he really was arrogant and stupid on these boards. I don't wish any harm to the man, but, it really is a shame he was such a jerk on here, and still apparently lying about his situation.

If he wanted any respect, he would come clean about his situation, and maybe try to educate the people he used to shit on. If he and some of his friends on here were honest, and maybe used this as something positive and maybe warn people of the dangers of diuretics and other "aids", I can pretty much bet people would stop shitting on him.

I hadn't known about the arrogance and lying---which is shitty but not enough in my mind to deserve trashing a dieing man.  ALthough I do agree with you that he should use his experience to educate people about what caused his condidtion and how it could have been avoided.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2006, 02:02:18 PM »
I hadn't known about the arrogance and lying---which is shitty but not enough in my mind to deserve trashing a dieing man.  ALthough I do agree with you that he should use his experience to educate people about what caused his condidtion and how it could have been avoided.

He and King were BRUTAL on here in the "old" days. I never registered while they did their thing, but it was sickening, both the arrogance and the ugliness they brought to this board. I wish neither one harm for sure, but, he and some of his "cohorts" on here continue to alienate their "fans" by talking about maintaining some illusionary weight and insinuating the uniqueness of their genetic endowments. It isn't true, and if he were the "bigger man", he would use this situation to give back to the sport through education and humility in my  opinion. :)

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2006, 02:04:25 PM »
Even if Tom is on the verge of death right now (which he isn't), he has no excuse for looking like that.

Matt, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you know anything about Dialysis? The guy is in the hospital at least 12 hrs a week, those are the hours when the dialysis machine has to do all of the work his kidneys would have done for the whole week.

In b/w dialysis visits, the patients feel like utter shit (retain water, can't clear wastes, acid base and electrolytes all fucked up) not to mention the washed out feeling they get after the dialysis.

If TP has a fistula (which he most likely does, and yes that is probably what the bandage is for) at least he doesn't have to worry about getting an infection from a central line but, the fistulas do not last forever, and sadly neither do patients on hemodialysis.

I would give TP <10 years (and that is being conservative, not knowing all of his other medical problems).
Nicorulez, could probably shed more light on this matter....but the bottomline is, he decided to do what he wanted with his life and now......like James Dean, he lived fast and died young.

jarhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2006, 02:08:50 PM »

Do you know anything about Dialysis? The guy is in the hospital at least 12 hrs a week, those are the hours when the dialysis machine has to do all of the work his kidneys would have done for the whole week.

In b/w dialysis visits, the patients feel like utter shit (retain water, can't clear wastes, acid base and electrolytes all fucked up) not to mention the washed out feeling they get after the dialysis.

If TP has a fistula (which he most likely does, and yes that is probably what the bandage is for) at least he doesn't have to worry about getting an infection from a central line but, the fistulas do not last forever, and sadly neither do patients on hemodialysis.

I would give TP <10 years (and that is being conservative, not knowing all of his other medical problems).
Nicorulez, could probably shed more light on this matter....but the bottomline is, he decided to do what he wanted with his life and now......like James Dean, he lived fast and died young.

Good point, pass the cheerios.  Tom Prince is no James Dean.  His death may matter to Chick, but the majority could give a shit.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2006, 02:09:11 PM »
does he have any shot for a kidney transplant?

jarhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2006, 02:09:46 PM »
I am sure Titus doesn't need two.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2006, 02:10:11 PM »

Even if he did those are not generally permanent solutions either.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2006, 02:12:29 PM »
Good point, pass the cheerios.  Tom Prince is no James Dean.  His death may matter to Chick, but the majority could give a shit.

Yeah, he's no james dean, hes actually a nobody.

And you're right, nobody will care when he dies.

But, rather than BB using people like him or munzer or flex to inspire others not to make the same mistakes, they just sweeep in under the rug.

Bravo IFBB, give yourself a hand.

Yes, he does. If he can find a match (but, i'm assuming since he is already on dialysis, he couldn't find a match and is now on the waiting list).

not sure how the lists are in the US, but in Canada most people die waiting for a new kidney.

Also, his prognosis would be worse after going on HD then getting the transplant directly.

New York

• Getbig III
  • New York
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2006, 02:13:09 PM »

That's definitely a messed up situation to be in. I wish the guy luck, but i've got a question... did'nt Don Long go through basically the same thing as Tom? Don Long, as recent picture's show, look's good and still has a decent physique.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2006, 02:16:07 PM »
That's definitely a messed up situation to be in. I wish the guy luck, but i've got a question... did'nt Don Long go through basically the same thing as Tom? Don Long, as recent picture's show, look's good and still has a decent physique.

yes, but Don Long got a new kidney, so did flex and alonzo mourning (who played great for that matter)

Things are a HELL OF A LOT BETTER with a new kidney these days then almost certain death on dialysis.

I've heard the immunosupressants are a lot better now too, but, things are a lot different in this field since i trained.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2006, 02:19:47 PM »

But, rather than BB using people like him or munzer or flex to inspire others not to make the same mistakes, they just sweeep in under the rug.

Bravo IFBB, give yourself a hand.

I agree completely its like Major league baseball---the owners and commisioner were loving the money from the sosa, mcguire homerun race that made them hundreds of millions and brought baseball back after the strike--- they all knew what was going on

but when the media starts up with the steriod scandals the owners, commisioners and even the fans stab the players in the back and use them as the scapegoats and demonize them----------its hypocritical and just more corporate corruption and mistreatment of the athlete, who the bigwigs see the playters as nothing more than commodities that are disposible instead of human beings.

jarhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2006, 02:20:13 PM »
TP should be at the bottom of the transplant list.

My final thoughts, because I am choosing not to spend another second of my life considering him:

He has the opportunity to educate and inspire and possibly save others.  Does he? No.  He is still the same prick, he is just dying now.  Better people die everyday and we probably don't know them.  We are wasting time on the one who we surely won't miss.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2006, 02:21:57 PM »
It can't be that hard to find a kidney, right?  If most people have two, and you only need one from an eligible donor, a match should be able to be found.  

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2006, 02:23:36 PM »

I can't believe Don Long. Why juice after receiving a kidney transplant?

Regarding Tom Princess, I definitely hope he'll get a transplant before it's too late, and also that he gets a good life.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2006, 02:24:20 PM »
It can't be that hard to find a kidney, right?  If most people have two, and you only need one from an eligible donor, a match should be able to be found.  
yeah but you dont match up with everyone-----it must depend on blood type etc....

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2006, 02:26:14 PM »
if this is what he wrote than he can blow me.  I've always felt kinda bad for the guy...I don't know everything about him but it must suck going form 270lbs to 135lbs but if his views on natty's were what you said then he's a moron.  I'm in my low 30's and still growing and pretty damn strong.  I'll take my body and being a drug free pussy over the life he has to lead anyday of the week.   

Bizzump.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2006, 02:26:26 PM »

This post illustrates how little the common person knows about medicine.

You can't just lop off a kidney and throw it into TP, he will reject it my friend.

Oh, if only it were so easy!!! Unfortunately there is such a thing called an immune system and major histocompatability to worry about.

Yes ether you are right, I don't much about dialysis.  My friend is on it right now, she apparently got in the same position Tom is in now all because of one bout of food poisonining.  Seems very hard to believe that is possible without some genetic factors also playing a role.

But going back to what I said: Tom needs steroids both psychologically and physically in order to train.

He juiced for the 2004 Ironman - this was AFTER he was diagnosed with kidney failure.  I think that says everything you need to know about his need to juice.

Dig up the precontest bible thread Tom started on mayhem if you want to see how negative and moody he was all the time.  While I wouldn't wish what has happened to Tom on anyone, I would be a lot MORE sad about it if he was a nicer person and if he didn't cause it.  My friend is a perfect example of this.

Matt, i don't know TP personally or even doubt that he is probably an arrogant, reprehensible person who accomplished little and wasted his life then (and now) by not being a role model for other bbers.

But, working out on dialysis (to get huge) is simply not feasible.

Anyways, he wasted his life and now he will pay for his decisions.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2006, 02:28:21 PM »
yeah but you dont match up with everyone-----it must depend on blood type etc....

It depends on a few things. MHC compatibility/closeness is one of them. Level of immunosupression a person can tolerate is another. I am sure ther are more that I can't remember right now, however, as mentioned earlier, improvements are being made in these areas, but it still wouldn't be an easy life.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2006, 02:34:31 PM »
Major organs on the dude's body are shutting down and dieing and all you can say is he looks like a Junkie-----your a piece of sh8t

Yeah... Tom almost died for you bitches!  >:(

;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Bones

• Getbig IV
  • 3rd pass thru the buffet line,had to undo my belt
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2006, 02:34:50 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he was 120 pounds.
  I use dumbbells that weigh more then he does :D
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

Bones

• Getbig IV
  • 3rd pass thru the buffet line,had to undo my belt
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2006, 02:36:19 PM »
220?  Was that picture taken on Saturn?
  LOL!!
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »
You know something, Tom is pretty sick right now

Vince recently stated that "Tom is pretty sick right now".

Is his condition worsening, or is someone talking out of their ass for the 17th time this month?

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2006, 02:42:18 PM »
Vince recently stated that "Tom is pretty sick right now".

Is his condition worsening, or is someone talking out of their ass for the 17th time this month?
it probably is....um he is having major organ failure so why would this be something so hard to believe

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2006, 03:00:51 PM »
it probably is....um he is having major organ failure so why would this be something so hard to believe

It would be hard to believe because you don't know Vince G yet... LOL