Author Topic: ? for any firemen  (Read 2938 times)

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
? for any firemen
« on: June 23, 2006, 10:43:54 AM »
im in the process of hopefully getting into the fire department. i just got my emt and im about to graduate with my aa in fire science. i have a ?. i have tattoos. all very tastefull and with alot of meaning. do you think this will prevent me from getting in the department. do they have any rules against them. im also asking because i wanted to get more and eventually get my sleeves finished. none of my tattoos would be visisble when i wear a long sleeve shirt. j/w? thanks.

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: ? for any firemen
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 10:58:17 AM »
If and when you make it to the interveiw process, wear long sleeves and you will be fine.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 11:07:30 AM »
If and when you make it to the interveiw process, wear long sleeves and you will be fine.

The only problem with that is that if your interview is in July, they'll think you're a junkie covering track marks.  J/K ;D  Check out the other guys in the dept.  If they have tat's than what's good for the goose......but if nobody has em go with a light long sleeve.  Even a sports jacket will add a little class to the interview.  Good luck
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 11:15:35 AM »
not if you can cover them...

i just left my local volunteer...if they can't be covered and are tasteful then most dept's will turn a blind eye....

but remember you are paramilitary and have an image to uphold!

oooooo rah   ;D

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 11:16:29 AM »
ya i have a few older friend sin the department nd they have some and say its no big deal but i have more. i look like a clean cut (military boy) so i think they will be shocked to see them. but im def gonna wear a suite and jacket during the interview. i just hope if i get in no 1 in the firehouse hate sme for them, from what ive seen its really a second family

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 11:54:02 AM »
ya i have a few older friend sin the department nd they have some and say its no big deal but i have more. i look like a clean cut (military boy) so i think they will be shocked to see them. but im def gonna wear a suite and jacket during the interview. i just hope if i get in no 1 in the firehouse hate sme for them, from what ive seen its really a second family

If you talk like you type then they will not even notice your taboos!
just push some weight!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 12:02:44 PM »
im in the process of hopefully getting into the fire department. i just got my emt and im about to graduate with my aa in fire science. i have a ?. i have tattoos. all very tastefull and with alot of meaning. do you think this will prevent me from getting in the department. do they have any rules against them. im also asking because i wanted to get more and eventually get my sleeves finished. none of my tattoos would be visisble when i wear a long sleeve shirt. j/w? thanks.

As long as they don't do a strip search, you should be fine!!

j/k

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 12:13:23 PM »

If you live in a BIG CITY then unless you are a total piece of siht...and NOT ummm...'caucasian' then you should be fine...

In Chicago...their only goal is to hire people UNQUALIFIED and score low or fail exams to get hired. It doesnt matter what your education is...because if you are ummm...'lily' and you score well on tests...then it is RACIST because you know that 1+1+2...math discriminates here in Chicago.

I just took Chicago's exam a month ago...I have an EMT license as well...took fire science courses but so what. It doesnt mean siht...Im big/strong and qualified but know what? I'll get passed over so they can fill quotas and hire UNQUALIFIED weak women who do not belong on the job and unqualified dumb sihtheads who cannot hang their cell-phone up and walk around with one pant leg up...and one rolled down.

Gotta love liberal nonsense! Looking out for the saftey and welfare of the people...woo hoo!
?

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 12:16:45 PM »
the nation is need of law enforcment officers, nurses, teachers, and firefighters if they dont allow you to become a fire fighter because of your tats the nation will hurt  :'(

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 12:23:05 PM »

Who cares about the tats...what color is his skin? To be a firemanin a BIGCITY fire dept.  you pretty much gotta be a piece of ghetto siht on the cell phone with a giant over-blown FUBU t-shirt on with one pant leg up and one rolled down on the cell phone like Cormier like...'who dis? awww sup' babygirl...is you is be my baby boo? you feel sprung baby...want me to come see you baby? you know you is my boo...I be on the real...huh?...oh you gotta go pick up Tamika from the sto'?(store)...awww shiiiiit...you gos' some RED koolaid for me...word? "

Thats what fire depts around the nation want to hire...forget the tats man...his BIGGEST tattoo on his sking(his color) is what will make or break him.
?

Johnny Big Nutz

• Getbig II
  • AKA Johnny Tightlips ;)
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 03:05:47 PM »
If you live in a BIG CITY then unless you are a total piece of siht...and NOT ummm...'caucasian' then you should be fine...

In Chicago...their only goal is to hire people UNQUALIFIED and score low or fail exams to get hired. It doesnt matter what your education is...because if you are ummm...'lily' and you score well on tests...then it is RACIST because you know that 1+1+2...math discriminates here in Chicago.

I just took Chicago's exam a month ago...I have an EMT license as well...took fire science courses but so what. It doesnt mean siht...Im big/strong and qualified but know what? I'll get passed over so they can fill quotas and hire UNQUALIFIED weak women who do not belong on the job and unqualified dumb sihtheads who cannot hang their cell-phone up and walk around with one pant leg up...and one rolled down.

No shit bro, what is wrong w/ this fuckin country.  My buddy took the test too, I signed up too late.  You have to be a minority to have a shot regardless of your qualifications.

Gotta love liberal nonsense! Looking out for the saftey and welfare of the people...woo hoo!
That is all......

Johnny Big Nutz

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 03:07:48 PM »
Whoops still can't quote properly :'(
That is all......

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 03:09:06 PM »
Whoops still can't quote properly :'(

so go back there and fix it and stop complaining!  >:(
just push some weight!

tate

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 03:33:04 PM »
Who cares about the tats...what color is his skin? To be a firemanin a BIGCITY fire dept.  you pretty much gotta be a piece of ghetto siht on the cell phone with a giant over-blown FUBU t-shirt on with one pant leg up and one rolled down on the cell phone like Cormier like...'who dis? awww sup' babygirl...is you is be my baby boo? you feel sprung baby...want me to come see you baby? you know you is my boo...I be on the real...huh?...oh you gotta go pick up Tamika from the sto'?(store)...awww shiiiiit...you gos' some RED koolaid for me...word? "

Thats what fire depts around the nation want to hire...forget the tats man...his BIGGEST tattoo on his sking(his color) is what will make or break him.
Hey bruh, don't feel bad they won't allow you to be a Fireman, now you can answer your real calling in life...sucking dick...

Johnny Big Nutz

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 03:37:24 PM »
so go back there and fix it and stop complaining!  >:(

Don't tell me what to do little guy.
That is all......

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 03:38:36 PM »

Don't tell me what to do little guy.

hahaha with a name like Johnny Big Nuts you sound like the little monkey you are.
just push some weight!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 03:39:40 PM »

I agree.