Author Topic: 1997 Mr. Olympia.....Dorian wins?  (Read 56497 times)

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: 1997 Mr. Olympia.....Dorian wins?
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2006, 04:14:24 PM »
Once again ND, I don't understand why you were on his jock for that 190 page thread.  He has average taper, no arms and only decent quads.  His hams are good, not great, and he has amazing calves and back.  Thus, he is an amalgamation of diverse bodyparts similar to what you group Ronnie into.  I realize that noone is perfect; hell, not even Arnold or Sergio.  However, he really is a freaky collection of average bodyparts juxtaposed to amazing parts.  The flow really isn't there.  I agree, Ronnie has a gut and average calves (no shape, but large).  However, he has more freaky bodyparts and comes into the Olympia the past few years in shape (he overdid in 2004 trying to be 296 lbs).  Overall, I feel that Dorian came closest to presenting his full potential in 1993; he rocked that year.  However, he seemed to slip afterward.  In 2005, the pics you show make him appear good, although his left arm was already torn so I don't see how that is a pic from 2005.  Unfortunately, there are very few pics on the net of that show.  I showed pics that show that he was really not all that in 1996/1997.  So, once again, why do you "Jones" on Dorian so much.  I would think you would prefer Labrada or even Levrone.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2006, 04:35:05 PM »
i have the tape of the 97 Olympia, and it is pretty apparent after watching it, that yates was the clear winner.

by the way for the 97 O, dorian had several problems, a tear in his tri and his stomach and couldnt come in his best condition, bc those things impacted his training.  yet, he still trained and hoped for the best. 

maybe he got the win bc he was the current mr. o, but no one really deserved to beat him overall.  just bc nasser looks better in the front double bi, he shouldnt have won.  besides, yates really does beat him in the video.  cant always go by pics. (especially ones of shitty quality posted online.)
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2006, 04:52:13 PM »
ND is very consistant in his love for classical type physiques.

he loves:

Frank Zane
Lee Labrada
Samir Bannout

and this:

::)

Personally, with all the mounting pics, videos and popular opinion showing that the amazing detail taper shape and vascularity differences that Ronnie possesses over yates that ND is not so much "pro-dorian: as he is "anti Ronnie"

seriously.

Look at the complaint thread over on the complaint board: outsiders to the thread cannot understand why anyone would ever think that Dorian was better than Ronnie.

they are like night and day to most people: dorian had a comparatively poor taper, detail in most bodyparts, poor muscle shape (arms, quads, chest), a mediocre (at least compared to Ronnie) back double biceps pose in the opinion of everyone except for ND and suckmyasshole, etc etc.

I am of the opinion that if I started a Mickey Mouse vs. Ronnie Coleman thread, ND would be prepared to argue for 3234 pages that Mickey has a better physique than Ronnie.

in the opinion of most sane people, there is no debate if you stick to the judging criteria of awarding points for detail, shape, taper and vascularity (size is fairly even on both sides so it doesn't really play a role in the debate).

ND is simply as anti-ronnie as you can get.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2006, 05:41:49 PM »
ND is very consistant in his love for classical type physiques.

he loves:

Frank Zane
Lee Labrada
Samir Bannout

and this:

::)

Personally, with all the mounting pics, videos and popular opinion showing that the amazing detail taper shape and vascularity differences that Ronnie possesses over yates that ND is not so much "pro-dorian: as he is "anti Ronnie"

seriously.

Look at the complaint thread over on the complaint board: outsiders to the thread cannot understand why anyone would ever think that Dorian was better than Ronnie.

they are like night and day to most people: dorian had a comparatively poor taper, detail in most bodyparts, poor muscle shape (arms, quads, chest), a mediocre (at least compared to Ronnie) back double biceps pose in the opinion of everyone except for ND and suckmyasshole, etc etc.

I am of the opinion that if I started a Mickey Mouse vs. Ronnie Coleman thread, ND would be prepared to argue for 3234 pages that Mickey has a better physique than Ronnie.

in the opinion of most sane people, there is no debate if you stick to the judging criteria of awarding points for detail, shape, taper and vascularity (size is fairly even on both sides so it doesn't really play a role in the debate).

ND is simply as anti-ronnie as you can get.

Anti-Ronnie ? lol

Have I ever made fun of the way Ronnie speaks or the way he articulates himself? no
Have I never given Ronnie his due credit? no Ronnie from 96 to 01 Arnold Classic gets credit past that he doesn't
Have I been redeuced calling Ronnie names? no but you have of Dorian
Have I ever said Ronnie was the most overrated bodybuilder of all time? no but you have of Dorian

The pot calling the kettle black you're so blatantly Dorian-biased its pathteic , you've reffered to Dorian as the " blocky white guy " the " construction worker " as the " most overrated bodybuilder of all time " you're so wrapped up in hating Dorian its caused blindness , you've been reduced to saying " he looks good alone but standing next to other bodybuilders he looks ordinary " yet he recieved almost straight firsts in the symmetry & musclarity rounds in every Mr Olympia , there is a HUGE difference between feeling Ronnie would beat Dorian and the lenghts you and pumpster go , so take a look in the mirrior before you make claims that I'm anti-Ronnie  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2006, 05:51:07 PM »
anyone who argues something as ridiculous as Dorian having better overall arms than Ronnie is certainly anti-Ronnie.

Or argues that Arnold had better quads than a peak Ronnie is certainly anti-Ronnie

Or argues that in 2003 ronnie's quads, glutes and hams were a flaw is cetainly anti-Ronnie

Or argues that Ronnie has small traps from the front is certainly anti Ronnie

Or argues that Ronnie has small forearms for his biceps and triceps is certainly anti Ronnie

Or argues that Ronnie's delts overpower his bis and tris is certainly anti-Ronnie

Or argues that Ronnie in 1996 was basically the same as Ronnie in 1998 or 1999 is certainly anti-Ronnie..

Or...

Can anyone see a pattern here?

Sorry ND, you can't deny the facts.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2006, 06:04:25 PM »
anyone who argues something as ridiculous as Dorian having better overall arms than Ronnie is certainly anti-Ronnie.

Or argues that Arnold had better quads than a peak Ronnie is certainly anti-Ronnie

Or argues that in 2003 ronnie's quads, glutes and hams were a flaw is cetainly anti-Ronnie

Or argues that Ronnie has small traps from the front is certainly anti Ronnie

Or argues that Ronnie has small forearms for his biceps and triceps is certainly anti Ronnie

Or argues that Ronnie's delts overpower his bis and tris is certainly anti-Ronnie

Or argues that Ronnie in 1996 was basically the same as Ronnie in 1998 or 1999 is certainly anti-Ronnie..

Or...

Can anyone see a pattern here?

Sorry ND, you can't deny the facts.

LMFAO one who argues Ronnie doesn't have good muscle balance & proportion is " anti-Ronnie " you're a tool !! some times you present a decent argument and seem logical but most of the time you're just a looking for new recruits in Camp-Delusional , you think the more people agree with you the more validation your opinion carries , your opinion is an anagalmation of other peoples opinions you take what they say and run with it , you don't have any confidence in your own opinion and need other people to think for you and you wouldn't know a fact if Ronnie himself told you it .

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2006, 06:09:39 PM »
one who argues Ronnie doesn't have good muscle balance & proportion is " anti-Ronnie "

yes.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2006, 06:13:02 PM »

yes.

You my friend do not know what balance & proportion are and its assesed in all of the mandatory poses FYI and at one time Ronnie was a lot better than it is now but still not as good as Dorians in my opinion.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2006, 06:26:12 PM »
and its accessed in all of the mandatory poses

and the problem is...

Peak Ronnie had fantastic balance and proportion, other than the calves.

but it is the shape and taper that gives him such an advantage in the proportion department over dorian: it is traditional to have well shape delts, quads with sweep, small waist, etc etc.

Dorian suffered greatly compared to Ronnie when it came to things like this.

There is a lot more to it than just having no bodyparts that overpower one another.

The shape of the parts and the overall body taper are just as important.

Ask Chris Cormier - about as perfectly balanced as you can get, but suffers in the taper department because he is narrow onstage next to guys like Ronnie.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2006, 09:21:52 PM »
Where is ND? He must be finishing off dorian's tubeshake right now :-*

anyway, I stand by my comments (with proof) that Ronnie at his peak was well balanced and proportioned.

But things changed at 297 pounds when he lost his tiny waist and great lines.

Changed his whole look completely
Flower Boy Ran Away

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2006, 07:48:30 AM »

look at the shape of his abs under his pecs - that towel is hiding a monster convex gut.

Furthermore, if that pic is from 1995, that means it was post tear.  So why does dorian have a great looking left arm in that shot? particularly the biceps.

Not sure where that pic is from, but his biceps never looked like that post tear.  That pic must be morphed.

his post tear arm, even when FLEXED looks like this:

look how small and short the torn bi is. there is no way that the shot posted of the torn bi looking better than Arnold's is legit.
hulkster, the pic is from the december 95 flex mag, mr o coverage, PAGE 139    THE PIC IS REAL.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2006, 01:39:36 PM »
the fact that the pic is real is really really sad...

dorian's arm looks better relaxed than flexed :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

Daddison

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2006, 05:37:07 AM »
Yates kind of reminds me of Kovacs in this pic.....tremendous.

http://www.sfd.pl/1/images2005/20050125103842.JPG

This pic REMINDS you of Kovacs because it IS of Kovacs.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2008, 10:13:47 AM »
  Saying that Dorian was unconditioned at the 1997 Olympia is not reasonable. His waist was wide, but he still had incredible abdominal definition for a 270+ lbs man. And like I pointed out in another thread, the torn left triceps and biceps were only apparent in the front double biceps, so I understand why Yates won.

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2008, 10:28:35 AM »
Yates 'winning' the 1997 Mr Olympia remains the most disgraceful stain in the history of the sport.

Yates looked like a revolting piece of shit. He had torn, hideous arms with no muscle actually on the bones! He had a puke inducing gut that looked like he was having kittens (or maybe it was just the cum of the many judges he fellated with his convict mouth) and his quads were like something an AIDS patient would have.

He conditioning was off too and he had zero hamstrings. He only beat  Nasser on lower back as the Egyptian/Slavic muscleman with a masters degree matched the scumbag on lat width and thickness.

Yates was placed as low as 4th overall by some judges yet their scorecards were torn up (like Yates' hideous tattooed body) and they used the scorecards of Yates' personal friends.

Total outrage. Yates should be fucking ashamed to have accepted that Sandow but what do you expect from a convicted racist criminal?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2008, 10:39:41 AM »
Yates 'winning' the 1997 Mr Olympia remains the most disgraceful stain in the history of the sport.

Yates looked like a revolting piece of shit.

Pithy. He was as they say, the Columbu of the 90s. These comparisons with other more deserving BBs leave the bricklayer a laughing stock.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2008, 10:41:27 AM »
Sadly in many of those "wins", this was the closest matchup:

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2008, 11:08:55 AM »

Dorian looks unbeatable there.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2008, 11:25:51 AM »
Isnt this supposed to b about Dorian and not the Dorian vs Ronnie shit again???

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2008, 03:10:56 PM »
Here is a shot from the Mr. Olympia 1996; a year you feel he looked good.  ::)  Let's see, thighs overwhelmed by his calves.  No cuts whatsoever in his thighs.  He also has a gut, my oh my.  ;)

I can forgive him all that, but it still incenses me that ND claims perfect delt-arm symmetry on Dorian's part, and claims Ronnie's arms are too big for his delts. When his delts are just as huge as his arms!

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2008, 03:13:57 PM »

Yates looked like a revolting piece of shit. He had torn, hideous arms with no muscle actually on the bones! He had a puke inducing gut that looked like he was having kittens (or maybe it was just the cum of the many judges he fellated with his convict mouth) and his quads were like something an AIDS patient would have.

He conditioning was off too and he had zero hamstrings. He only beat  Nasser on lower back as the Egyptian/Slavic muscleman with a masters degree matched the scumbag on lat width and thickness.

Yates was placed as low as 4th overall by some judges yet their scorecards were torn up (like Yates' hideous tattooed body) and they used the scorecards of Yates' personal friends.

Total outrage. Yates should be fucking ashamed to have accepted that Sandow but what do you expect from a convicted racist criminal?

Hahahahahahahahahaahhaa, bump for hilariously exagerated take on the truth.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2008, 03:15:36 PM »

I can forgive him all that, but it still incenses me that ND claims perfect delt-arm symmetry on Dorian's part, and claims Ronnie's arms are too big for his delts. When his delts are just as huge as his arms!

ND is a complete and utter moron.

just look: every thread he posts in he gets owned. by me and so many others.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2008, 03:16:49 PM »
this is one of the best posts I have ever seen from just the other day:

Nastysissy diety why is it everytime i open a thread you are being owned? you a like a prison bitch or something, passed around by men who use you and discard you.

Yates had so many proportion and symmetry issues it;s frightening.

for a start his back was out of proportion with all else.

he had no arms, just torn to shit, disgusting lumps of bone.

he had AIDS man quads. shitty child legs totally overshadowed by calves.

his gut was out of control. his abs were disgusting and all over the place.

he looked like a dog shit that had been in the sun all day and some kids stir it around with twigs.

bwahahahahahaah
Flower Boy Ran Away

Arkadius

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2008, 03:47:00 PM »
This pic REMINDS you of Kovacs because it IS of Kovacs.
LOL ;D ;D ;D
R.I.P. Michael

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2008, 03:58:13 PM »
dorian 97 from muscletime: :'(
Flower Boy Ran Away