Author Topic: 1997 Mr. Olympia.....Dorian wins?  (Read 56549 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: 1997 Mr. Olympia.....Dorian wins?
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2008, 08:07:47 PM »
  Nasser was better than Dorian from the front? How can anyone look at this picture and say that ??? Dorian's lats are wider, his abdominals are more defined and his quads are equal. The only thing Nasser has on him is taper, but that's not enough to make him better.

Nasser clearly better in all of these..

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2008, 09:01:04 PM »

So you post a picture of a front double biceps and that's supposed to prove Nasser was better from the front? The front double biceps is only one of the three front mandatories. What about the abs-and-thighs and front lat spread, where Dorian was vastly superior to Nasser? And you ar eout of your mind if you think Nasser was better than Yates on the back double biceps. Please stop it. Just stop it. :-X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2008, 01:50:06 PM »

All of these? there is just two pictures great job trying to fluff up your ' opinion '  ::)

The fact that you think Nasser is not comparable in these but as you like to claim ' clearly better ' shows juts how little you know about competitive bodybuilding , which isn't much.

lets address the first picture the front double biceps shot first of all Nasser is closer to the camera and Dorian is set off to the back somewhat , second the ONLY advantage Nasser has in this shot is biceps . Nasser is actually quite comparable in this shot but you can see his structural flaws in this shot especially in terms of torso length , and short legs couple that with his forearms which aren't proportionate in relation to his biceps/triceps ( Coleman has the same flaw ) and trust me when the IFBB judges are looking for ' balanced development ' these things come into play

Again Nasser is actually doing pretty well in the front double biceps shot , however two areas he clearly lags behind is density & dryness. especially in 1995 , he was huge but soft especially from the back he may appear aesthetically to be beating Yates in this pose however when all things are considered ( remember in the IFBB all rounds are physique rounds ) Dorian is beating him. add in muscular bulk AND ( key word pay attention ) muscle density & dryness , balanced development , posing & presentation , Dorian wins this shot .

And the back double biceps shot , the fact you people keep posting this and claiming Dorian is getting beat shows proof positive how insanely delusional and ignorant you are about competitive bodybuilding you are , you , Sharma , BigBobs , Hulkster and our other resident moron in exile squadfather all claimed Dorian is getting beat in this shot and its lunacy its not even open for discussion its retarded , the front double biceps shot I bothered explaining in detail because Nasser is actually holding his own to a point but this is no contest

You put a close up of their delts & arms as proof that Nasser is ' clearly better ' which shows your ignorance ( again ) points to ponder my dim witted little friend ; Yates' arms ( like Ronnie's in 2002 ) were smaller than usual from being depleted and you pointed out the obvious , they're smaller than Nassers lol no shit he is smaller than Nasser , Nasser's arms better be bigger he's much heavier than Yates that year but thats all a matter of semantics because the bottom line is this Dorian's back absolutely blows Nassers out of the water its not even close with the exception of width and again it better be he's much heavier .

Besides the obvious Dorian is much harder & drier than Nasser its night & day and seeing all rounds & physique rounds and all of the criteria is observed in every single pose Dorian again wins this pose no questions asked .

In closing I don't expect you to respond to this because you can't , you'd have to know what you're talking about in order to reply and you don't that is a proven fact , but in any case I enjoy correcting you and teaching you about competitive bodybuilding.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2008, 01:52:24 PM »
Dorian > Nasser.

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2008, 03:13:39 PM »
lol

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #155 on: May 16, 2008, 08:59:23 AM »
Dorian > Nasser.

Obviously. Why is there even a discussion about this?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #156 on: May 16, 2008, 03:10:17 PM »
  Obviously. Why is there even a discussion about this?

because it is generally accepted (even in the magazine reviews from the contest) that Nasser was BETTER from the front.

dorian was better from the back.

and all the pics verify this.

BUT who was better overall?

hence the debate..
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: May 16, 2008, 03:17:37 PM »
because it is generally accepted (even in the magazine reviews from the contest) that Nasser was BETTER from the front.

dorian was better from the back.

and all the pics verify this.

BUT who was better overall?

hence the debate..

True to an extent Nasser was better in the front double biceps ( clearly ) and comparable in the ab thigh and beaten in the front latspread , Dorian was also better in the 1/4 turns and side poses and the clear cut winner in all the back shots .

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #158 on: May 16, 2008, 03:32:47 PM »
dorian was beaten in the ab and thigh.

had it been dorian 93, probably not.

but dorian 97 was pretty bad.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: May 16, 2008, 03:43:37 PM »
dorian was beaten in the ab and thigh.

had it been dorian 93, probably not.

but dorian 97 was pretty bad.

Ok lets give Nasser the ab-thigh , he still lost the 1/4 turns from the side and back , should he have won with straight firsts? but he still was the winner .

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2008, 03:47:17 PM »
  Nasser was not better in the abs-and-thighs. Dorian's lats are wider, his quads are comparable and his abdominals are more defined. The only thing Nasser had on Dorian in this mandatory at the 1997 Olympia was taper. This is not good enough to make him better.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2008, 03:57:27 PM »
  Nasser was not better in the abs-and-thighs. Dorian's lats are wider, his quads are comparable and his abdominals are more defined. The only thing Nasser had on Dorian in this mandatory at the 1997 Olympia was taper. This is not good enough to make him better.

well, if you actually showed his QUADS in the shot, you would see that they were superior to dorian's.

granted, Nasser 97 was not as good as nasser 95 but still better than dorian from the front.
Flower Boy Ran Away

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #162 on: May 16, 2008, 04:27:41 PM »

In that shot Nasser's waist is not only tighter (smaller) than Dorian's but Dorian's also caves outward slightly even when flexed and being sucked in.  Just look at the abs and you can tell they cave outward.

There is not much else that is showcased in the front ab-thigh pose, besides thighs which are cut out in that pic but Nasser's thighs were also better as Hulkster said.  Nasser's arms are also better in that shot, and yes Dorian's lats are a bit wider.

Like I've said many times before, the ONLY bodyparts the Dorian beat Nasser on was the back, calves and forearms.  Nasser had better chest, abs, legs, delts, and arms.  His taper was also more pronounced and was overall more massive.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #163 on: May 16, 2008, 04:29:08 PM »
well, if you actually showed his QUADS in the shot, you would see that they were superior to dorian's.

granted, Nasser 97 was not as good as nasser 95 but still better than dorian from the front.

Better from the front...how can he be better from the front if he loses 2 out of 3 front mandatories? If you are talking about taper, then yes, Nasser was better from the front. But I don't think that is enough to make him better since Dorian had superior muscle thickness on all front mandatories except the front double biceps.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #164 on: May 16, 2008, 04:32:44 PM »
 Better from the front...how can he be better from the front if he loses 2 out of 3 front mandatories? If you are talking about taper, then yes, Nasser was better from the front. But I don't think that is enough to make him better since Dorian had superior muscle thickness on all front mandatories except the front double biceps.

Dorian fans always resort to the "mandatories" and the "judging criteria" - especially ND - because they can manipulate judging criteria to make someone with a inferior physique appear better - for example by ND saying that Yates has a better front double biceps pose than Nasser because his forearms are more balanced  ::)

In any shot from the front Nasser looks better, whether relaxed, flexed, whatever:

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2008, 04:34:29 PM »
In that shot Nasser's waist is not only tighter (smaller) than Dorian's but Dorian's also caves outward slightly even when flexed and being sucked in.  Just look at the abs and you can tell they cave outward.

I'm not talking about abdominal distension. Granted, Nasser had less of this than Dorian in 1997, but the bottom line is that Dorian's abs were sharper.

There is not much else that is showcased in the front ab-thigh pose, besides thighs which are cut out in that pic but Nasser's thighs were also better as Hulkster said.  Nasser's arms are also better in that shot, and yes Dorian's lats are a bit wider.

Nasser's thighs are not better, and I can't see any difference in arm girth between the two, to be honest with you.

Like I've said many times before, the ONLY bodyparts the Dorian beat Nasser on was the back, calves and forearms.  Nasser had better chest, abs, legs, delts, and arms.  His taper was also more pronounced and was overall more massive.

Nasser had better pecs than Dorian? Are you insane? Dorian's pecs were much thicker from the sides than Nasser's. As for abs, Dorian's are more defined no "ifs", "ands" or "buts"! And legs? Maybe quads, but legs encompasses also calves and hams, and I think Dorian had that on Nasser. Delts, yes, Nasser's were better. Arms Nasser's were also better, but it deosen't matter anyway because Nasser's arms were pretty average anyway.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2008, 04:36:45 PM »
Ha! Team Nasser rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic again. Give it up guys - he lost!  :o

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2008, 05:00:32 PM »
Cigarwoman is racially motivated. This is why he keeps accusing Nasser fans of racism. He cannot bear that this Arabic/Slavic man beat his blue collar hero in almost every bodypart. Nasser was only beaten on LOWERBACK by Yates. Nasser matched him on width and thickness.

NASSER CLEARLY BEAT HIM FROM THE SIDE

Yates 97 was a travesty and the fact they give him a perfect score simply proves it was a total fix. Some judges had Yates as low as 4th overall but their scorecards were torn up - like yates' tired body

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2008, 05:05:39 PM »
Dorian fans always resort to the "mandatories" and the "judging criteria" - especially ND - because they can manipulate judging criteria to make someone with a inferior physique appear better - for example by ND saying that Yates has a better front double biceps pose than Nasser because his forearms are more balanced  ::)

In any shot from the front Nasser looks better, whether relaxed, flexed, whatever:

very true. the dorian fans always have to make excuses etc because he always seems to get owned by everyone from the front.

whether its Shawn 94, nasser 95/7 etc etc.

the list goes on..

::)

eg. not sure if dorian has EVER looked this good from the front:
Flower Boy Ran Away

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2008, 05:13:11 PM »
Yates can only dream of looking HALF as great as Nasser in this pose

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2008, 05:28:59 PM »
Cigarwoman is racially motivated.

The irony of this charge coming from you! the greatest racist in the board, who everyone can see prefers Nasser because Nasser shares his ethnicity, accusing me of racism. Have you no shame? :-[ And nice homosexual innuendo, by the way. It really helps to strenghen your arguments doesen't it? ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2008, 05:50:18 PM »

You certainly know how to read huh? NO I never claimed its better because his forearms are more balanced I said they were comparable to a point in the front double biceps shot UNTIL you get to density & dryness , especially in 1995 so please quote me correctly

and spare the manipulation of the criteria its in black & white ! its how contests are judged just because Nasser doesn't meet said criteria better than Yates don't bitch , when judges assess balanced development things such as torso length , lat height , proportion between the biceps/tricep/forearms , length of legs are all assess now couple that with the rest of criteria because thats how contests are judged and Yates separates himself from his contemporaries .

in 1997 Nasser standing relaxed from the front does look better from an aesthetics standpoint , he beats Dorian in the front double biceps and I say the ab-thigh is close but we'll give it to Nasser , Dorian owns the front latspread its not open for discussion , 1/4 turns from either side Yates all the way , standing relaxed from the back NO contest , side chest & side triceps Dorian again , I will concede Dorian shouldn't have won with straight firsts but he clearly beat Nasser .

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2008, 05:51:32 PM »
You certainly know how to read huh? NO I never claimed its better because his forearms are more balanced I said they were comparable to a point in the front double biceps shot UNTIL you get to density & dryness , especially in 1995 so please quote me correctly

and spare the manipulation of the criteria its in black & white ! its how contests are judged just because Nasser doesn't meet said criteria better than Yates don't bitch , when judges assess balanced development things such as torso length , lat height , proportion between the biceps/tricep/forearms , length of legs are all assess now couple that with the rest of criteria because thats how contests are judged and Yates separates himself from his contemporaries .

in 1997 Nasser standing relaxed from the front does look better from an aesthetics standpoint , he beats Dorian in the front double biceps and I say the ab-thigh is close but we'll give it to Nasser , Dorian owns the front latspread its not open for discussion , 1/4 turns from either side Yates all the way , standing relaxed from the back NO contest , side chest & side triceps Dorian again , I will concede Dorian shouldn't have won with straight firsts but he clearly beat Nasser .

Beeatch meltdown part XVIIX lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2008, 05:53:53 PM »
very true. the dorian fans always have to make excuses etc because he always seems to get owned by everyone from the front.

whether its Shawn 94, nasser 95/7 etc etc.

the list goes on..

::)

eg. not sure if dorian has EVER looked this good from the front:

Shawn never owned Dorian from the front , he may have a more aesthetically appealing shot but from a competitive bodybuilding standpoint Dorian crushes everyone in two front mandatories , ab-thigh & front latspread Dorian just owns these poses , the front double biceps not so much I can thing of others who look better but he owns these shots , he owns the side chest & side triceps , and from the back forget about it

Nasser = one dimensional bodybuilder great from the front ......and thats it .

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2008, 05:54:02 PM »
Cigarwoman is racially motivated.

I wouldn't single him out, if you notice virtually all bricklayer supporters are white and support white BBs.

Hope this helps