Author Topic: 1997 Mr. Olympia.....Dorian wins?  (Read 56590 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: 1997 Mr. Olympia.....Dorian wins?
« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2008, 08:26:49 PM »
You suffer from selective memory. During his reign Yates was hailed as the best ever, he set new standards for size and conditioning etc,etc. They said the same exact shit about Coleman during his reign. Funny thing is, NO ONE is saying nice things about Cutler.

What does this have to do with anything?  ???

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #276 on: May 16, 2008, 08:30:27 PM »
What does this have to do with anything?  ???

That the "quotes" and "references" that you like to use as gospel are just bullshit that the mags have been spouting about whoever is on top at the time. except for Cutler, everybody agrees he sucks ass.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2008, 08:45:14 PM »
That the "quotes" and "references" that you like to use as gospel are just bullshit that the mags have been spouting about whoever is on top at the time. except for Cutler, everybody agrees he sucks ass.

the thing is, all these 'quotes' ND keeps posting have been disproved by pics and videos by everyone for eons now..

he is the only one who actually believes them..

::)

eg. ND loves to quote how Peter McGough stated that dorian in his pre-contest shape in 93 was harder than and would beat Ronnie in 2001.

now, see for yourself:

does anyone other than ND believe this shit?

Flower Boy Ran Away

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #278 on: May 16, 2008, 11:58:32 PM »
Dillet owning Nasser:

So looking like a narrow pole next to Nasser translates to "owning" him?  ::)

Nasser is owning Dillet not only in the above shot but especially in the one here that I'm posting.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2008, 12:01:04 AM »
 ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: May 17, 2008, 04:36:43 AM »

Wrong because until this day Dorian's conditioning is regarded as the gold standard and many people have said after his retirement Dorian would still beat Ronnie and he would be one of the few people who could . so its not lip service and the McGough quote was from last year

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2008, 04:50:40 AM »
the thing is, all these 'quotes' ND keeps posting have been disproved by pics and videos by everyone for eons now..

he is the only one who actually believes them..

eg. ND loves to quote how Peter McGough stated that dorian in his pre-contest shape in 93 was harder than and would beat Ronnie in 2001.

now, see for yourself:

does anyone other than ND believe this shit?

Again you see what YOU want and stop speaking for the masses seriously . and I'm not alone in thinking Yates pre-contest would kick Ronnie's ass . when the thread with the video footage from that photoshoot a ton of people said the same thing so stop propagating that lie

It pathetic watching you appeal to anyone who will agree with you because you find comfort in numbers ( see argument ad populum ; if so many people think its true than its true lol ) it doesn't work that way a lot of well respected people have gone on record and said many times Dorian would certainly give Ronnie a run for his money at the bare minimum ! some have said he would beat him outright , this ignorant notion you have that Dorian wouldn't even stand a chance reeks of stupidity

Again you are hands down among the most ignorant people on the topic of competitive bodybuilding and foolish pride prevents you from learning , you're the complete idiot who has said Ronnie Coleman has a ' much thicker back ' at 244 pounds than Dorian at 269 pounds , no wonder why you think Ronnie would easily beat Yates lol you're a true internet-fan-boy oh and what about the Ronnie had more detailed calves comments and Ronnie is grainer than Dorian ever was LMMFAO you're stupid , you don't know this sport kid.

Dorian at 269 pounds is bigger than Ronnie ( 2001 ) and being kind here just as hard & dry better balanced , more complete and a better poser according to the IFBB judging criteria he would beat Ronnie 2001 no doubts about it , unlike you I don't need a bunch of fan-boys to agree with I know how the game is played.  ;)

my knowledge owns you

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2008, 04:51:14 AM »
I laugh when I read some of the posts your make " dorian displaying fantastic taper and quad detail " genius at this point both his quads were torn no kidding he's no displaying fantastic quad detail and his taper in the standing relaxed pose from the front he may be medicore but the same shot from the back was mindblowing and his back double bicep shot in 1997 sucked but at his peak his was fantastic , again you keep insiting that Dorian must conform to an aesthetic ideal in order to win , he doesn't , Dorian never won because he had a small waist & hips and great quad sweap and the best V-taper , Dorian won because of his strenghts and not anyone elses.

NarcissisticDeity ...that must be one of the most awesome shots of Mr Yates - each muscle group developed in proportion to the other.

That's the goal every bodybuilder wants but its no easy feat: only the best get to that level of perfection.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2008, 04:55:52 AM »
NarcissisticDeity ...that must be one of the most awesome shots of Mr Yates - each muscle group developed in proportion to the other.

That's the goal every bodybuilder wants but its no easy feat: only the best get to that level of perfection.
Great post !

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2008, 04:58:03 AM »
Ronnie is better than Dorian.
No doubt about it...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2008, 05:00:20 AM »
Ronnie is better than Dorian.

Not according to Ronnie  ;)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2008, 05:03:26 AM »
Not according to Ronnie  ;)

according to Dorian though...
No doubt about it...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2008, 05:05:07 AM »
according to Dorian though...

Not true

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2008, 05:06:02 AM »
No doubt about it...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: May 17, 2008, 05:08:59 AM »
I beg to differ...

Don't beg its unbecoming and when posed the question if Ronnie could beat him Dorian said " I guess , I don't know " thats not definitive , Ronnie has gone on record twice with definitive answers to the question , in all reality it doesn't make them true but it shows Ronnie respects Dorian for a very good reason .

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #290 on: May 17, 2008, 05:11:32 AM »
Don't beg its unbecoming and when posed the question if Ronnie could beat him Dorian said " I guess , I don't know " thats not definitive , Ronnie has gone on record twice with definitive answers to the question , in all reality it doesn't make them true but it shows Ronnie respects Dorian for a very good reason .

Dorian does deserve respect, thats for sure...
No doubt about it...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: May 17, 2008, 05:13:44 AM »
Dorian does deserve respect, thats for sure...

tell that to the Ronnie fan-boys lol

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #292 on: May 17, 2008, 08:22:56 AM »
post of the year from Sharma:

Nastysissy diety why is it everytime i open a thread you are being owned? you a like a prison bitch or something, passed around by men who use you and discard you.

Yates had so many proportion and symmetry issues it;s frightening.

for a start his back was out of proportion with all else.

he had no arms, just torn to shit, disgusting lumps of bone.

he had AIDS man quads. shitty child legs totally overshadowed by calves.

his gut was out of control. his abs were disgusting and all over the place.

he looked like a dog shit that had been in the sun all day and some kids stir it around with twigs.

continues to get validated day after day!
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #293 on: May 17, 2008, 08:26:24 AM »
 :-*
Flower Boy Ran Away

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #294 on: May 17, 2008, 08:33:20 AM »
Half of Dorian's career:

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #295 on: May 17, 2008, 08:40:18 AM »
Interesting (but not surprising) to see that once again Hulkster is completely destroyed by ND.  Until this guy actually understands the finer points of critiquing a pro level physique then his opinion means nothing.  We know he has never witnessed any of these guys compete so it would be of little use anyway.  Any of your other inbred reprobates and/or diseased Arabs who think Nasser bested Yates clearly has no clue.  Upper body in isolation from the front then he matches DY in certain areas but that's it.  Nasser's legs do not flow from his upper body - his hips (ASIS area) are too close to the level of his symphysis pubis so his legs appear like they were just stuck on hence he doesnt have the top to bottom quad balance - like Ronnie doesn't, for example.  Nasser was good but never up to beating Dorian - much closer than Ronnie got or ever would have though.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #296 on: May 17, 2008, 08:45:38 AM »
finer points of judging? LOL

what a crock of shit.

here are your finer points of judging in action..

Flower Boy Ran Away

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #297 on: May 17, 2008, 08:49:39 AM »
You wouldn't understand Hulkster.  You lack the ability to do so which you have shown ad nauseum.  Like I said before, this really is too easy.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #298 on: May 17, 2008, 08:58:10 AM »
You wouldn't understand Hulkster.  You lack the ability to do so which you have shown ad nauseum.  Like I said before, this really is too easy.

yeah, because you have no fucking clue about the finer points of judging.

you ignore the fact that people like Ronnie and Nasser actually have good muscle shape and taper, better detail, better refinment. than dorian did.

they look like bodybuilders, not powerlifters.

Nasser had a shitty back, true, but he was better than dorian from the front.

Ronnie was better both sides.

shit, here is your hero getting schooled by a fucking 1996 Ronnie Coleman. years away from the olympia wins.

LOL

you really need to brush up on how this sport is judged, because you have no clue.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #299 on: May 17, 2008, 09:10:15 AM »
proof of the finer points of judging LOL

owning Analdischarge is so damn easy!
Flower Boy Ran Away