Author Topic: 1997 Mr. Olympia.....Dorian wins?  (Read 56508 times)

Moosejay

Re: 1997 Mr. Olympia.....Dorian wins?
« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2008, 08:47:43 PM »
And those calves...

Yes.

Best ever along with

Dickerson
Waller
Mentzer
Vince Taylor

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #326 on: May 17, 2008, 09:34:50 PM »
Levrone's tri not as etched as Yates'...Yates like unto carved out of stone

Never disputed, but there's more to it than that. He never had great size on either tris or bis.

Moosejay

« Reply #327 on: May 17, 2008, 09:41:19 PM »
Never disputed, but there's more to it than that. He never had great size on either tris or bis.

yes

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #328 on: May 17, 2008, 11:06:33 PM »

::)

Team Yates

Moosejay

« Reply #329 on: May 17, 2008, 11:22:18 PM »

Well...it looks like he won something there to me!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: May 18, 2008, 03:43:46 AM »
Long head never had the size, that's why all he ever had was a properly posed side-tri that created illusion, something like Schwarnzenegger's thigh posing. Coleman never knew how to do same.

Same thing minus the posing illusion.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #331 on: May 18, 2008, 05:00:44 AM »
Long head never had the size, that's why all he ever had was a properly posed side-tri that created illusion, something like Schwarnzenegger's thigh posing. Coleman never knew how to do same.

The "side tri" pose is not judged on the triceps alone. Did Dorian have the best triceps in the the history of the sport? No.
Dd he have the most complete head to toe side trips pose? Yes.

Why show a photo taken from an angle where anyone's tricep would not be at it's best?

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #332 on: May 18, 2008, 05:19:31 AM »
Pumpster, with you're double digit IQ you really are the last person to call anyone to task on the quality of their comebacks.  Really, it's laughable!  I need say no more on that.  By the way, I have always admired Labrada and he came very close to deposing the true king - Lee Haney.

Hulkster, you're a funny guy - you have that little confidence (well founded I may add) in your argument that for what seems like years, you continue to post the same pics and make the same points - rather like you're on some kind of feedback loop as you slowly descend into psychological oblivion.  It's ok to be frustrated, take solace in the fact that your mother probably still loves you.

Of course ND wound down his activity in the truce thread - he has confidence in his position and need not continually try and convince himself.  You however, like the impudent child feel the need to keep screaming after everyone else has gone.  It's really just about baiting you now, it's actually quite fun to a point - but like I said, ridiculously easy. 

Dorian's side chest and triceps from head to toe are perhaps the best ever, similarly with his front latspread.  What people miss with Dorian is that his limb lengths in relation to his torso are perfect.  Ronnie's torso is slightly too short and his arms too long so his front lat looks awkward; he doesn't know how to hit a side chest properly so he looks bunched up with his pecs overpowering his delts and fails to take advantage of his rib cage on which the pecs should sit so the depth may be seen - again a mix of bodyparts just slabbed together. 

Who has Ronnie really beaten?  A subpar Wheeler, Ray and Levrone - guys who routinely spanked him when 'on'.  Respect to Ronnie for waiting for them to fade though.  Cutler - a good bodybuilder who at his best beat Ronnie but would have struggled against the aforementioned guys in their top form.

Actually, this isn't that much fun anymore, I'm not one to kick a man when he's down and the lack of challenge makes me yearn for something new ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #333 on: May 18, 2008, 05:45:09 AM »
The "side tri" pose is not judged on the triceps alone. Did Dorian have the best triceps in the the history of the sport? No.
Dd he have the most complete head to toe side trips pose? Yes.

Why show a photo taken from an angle where anyone's tricep would not be at it's best?

Ha Ha Ha Ha

pumpster owned
Great post ! and spot on as usual , Dorian's side tricep shot is among the best ever.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #334 on: May 18, 2008, 05:48:57 AM »

...This side tri shot is the masterpiece of bbing...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: May 18, 2008, 05:51:44 AM »
Pumpster, with you're double digit IQ you really are the last person to call anyone to task on the quality of their comebacks.  Really, it's laughable!  I need say no more on that.  By the way, I have always admired Labrada and he came very close to deposing the true king - Lee Haney.

Hulkster, you're a funny guy - you have that little confidence (well founded I may add) in your argument that for what seems like years, you continue to post the same pics and make the same points - rather like you're on some kind of feedback loop as you slowly descend into psychological oblivion.  It's ok to be frustrated, take solace in the fact that your mother probably still loves you.

Of course ND wound down his activity in the truce thread - he has a quiet confidence in his position and need not continually try and convince himself.  It's really just about baiting you now, it's actually quite fun to a point - but like I said, ridiculously easy. 

Dorian's side chest and triceps from head to toe are perhaps the best ever, similarly with his front latspread.  What people miss with Dorian is that his limb lengths in relation to his torso are perfect.  Ronnie's torso is slightly too short and his arms too long so his front lat looks awkward; he doesn't know how to hit a side chest properly so he looks bunched up with his pecs overpowering his delts and fails to take advantage of his rib cage on which the pecs should sit so the depth may be seen - again a mix of bodyparts just slabbed together. 

Who has Ronnie really beaten?  A subpar Wheeler, Ray and Levrone - guys who routinely spanked him when 'on'.  Respect to Ronnie for waiting for them to fade though.  Cutler - a good bodybuilder who at his best beat Ronnie but would have struggled against the aforementioned guys in their top form.

Actually, this isn't that much fun anymore, I'm not one to kick a man when he's down and the lack of challenge makes me yearn for something new ;)

Great post ! spot-on too. Hulkster has been taken a beat-down on these threads lately

it is pathetic to watch him , pumpster and the other Ronnie ( and Nasser ) fan-boys follow me around from thread to thread looking for revenge because I crushed them all.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: May 18, 2008, 05:59:13 AM »
...This side tri shot is the masterpiece of bbing...

Thats 1997 to boot ! not even his best years obviously.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #337 on: May 18, 2008, 06:09:05 AM »
  "Pumpster's" arguments make no sense. He says Dorian's side triceps mandatory is better because his triceps have more cuts, but are inferior in size. First of all, this is not true. Ronnie's triceps are more cut and striated, which is obvious. Secondly, Dorian's side triceps is better for two reasons. Dorian's triceps attach lower in the tendom and thus are more aesthetic, and seconly, because Dorian actually has more triceps mass in this pose than Ronnie, which is the opposite of what "Pumpster" claims.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: May 18, 2008, 06:09:29 AM »
You mean this side tri where Levrone's owning him lol let's recap for the mentally challenged:

-Getbig poll Coleman >> Yates

-Videos ditto

-Pics ditto

Leverone isn't owning anything , according to the IFBB judging criteria contests are judged on muscular bulk , is Kev carrying more muscular bulk than Dorian? NO Yates is 262 pounds , how about density & dryness is Kev better conditioned than Dorian? NO IFBB judges commented on Kev holding water in 1994 at the prejudging , is he better balanced than Yates? NO Kev's was all delts & arms and his torso lagged behind , so according to the criteria contests are judged on how is he ' owning ' Yates? because he has big triceps LMFAO I always try and figure out who is more ignorant of competitive bodybuilding you or Hulkster it goes back & forth

Dorian Yates owns the side triceps shot even at among his worse 1994 . all of these are from the 1994 Mr Olympia

Moosejay

« Reply #339 on: May 18, 2008, 06:11:33 AM »
Leverone isn't owning anything , according to the IFBB judging criteria contests are judged on muscular bulk , is Kev carrying more muscular bulk than Dorian? NO Yates is 262 pounds , how about density & dryness is Kev better conditioned than Dorian? NO IFBB judges commented on Kev holding water in 1994 at the prejudging , is he better balanced than Yates? NO Kev's was all delts & arms and his torso lagged behind , so according to the criteria contests are judged on how is he ' owning ' Yates? because he has big triceps LMFAO I always try and figure out who is more ignorant of competitive bodybuilding you or Hulkster it goes back & forth

Dorian Yates owns the side triceps shot even at among his worse 1994 . all of these are from the 1994 Mr Olympia

Levrone is WATERY compared to Yates

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: May 18, 2008, 06:18:10 AM »
  "Pumpster's" arguments make no sense. He says Dorian's side triceps mandatory is better because his triceps have more cut, but are inferior in size. First of all, this is not true. Ronnie's triceps are more cut and striated, which is obvious. Secondly, Dorian's side triceps is better for two reasons. Dorian's triceps attach lower in the tendom and thus are more aesthetic, and seconly, because Dorian actually has more triceps mass in this pose than Ronnie, which is the opposite of what "Pumpster" claims.

pumpster is limited by his ignorance & his bias he hates Dorian because he's white plain & simple more than just great triceps make a great side triceps shot in the IFBB all rounds are physique rounds even though they have separate rounds such as the symmetry & muscularity rounds

in every mandatory pose the judges look for who meets ALL of the criteria the best , that includes muscular bulk , balanced development , density & dryness , posing & presentation . I've said this many times Coleman and other for that matter do have certain advantages in some of the criteria but as a whole when all things are considered Dorian meets the criteria better than his contemporaries as a whole. thats the thing these idiots can't seem to grasp.

it doesn't matter if Ronnie had a better taper and bigger arms if he's incomplete and he's not in the same level of density & dryness , it doesn't matter if Levrone had bigger delts & triceps when he's down on size & balance and conditioning , all rounds are physique rounds

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: May 18, 2008, 06:19:05 AM »
Levrone is WATERY compared to Yates

Great point and these guys are willing to overlook that in favor of his strengths but thats not how contests are judged .

Moosejay

« Reply #342 on: May 18, 2008, 06:20:40 AM »
Great point and these guys are willing to overlook that in favor of his strengths but thats not how contests are judged .

ND, as always

Your words ring true

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: May 18, 2008, 06:27:34 AM »
ND, as always

Your words ring true

Thank you  :)

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #344 on: May 18, 2008, 08:47:33 AM »
he hates Dorian because he's white

This does seem true. Definitely. I have observed that his posts about Dorian are usually very angry and emotional, as if he had a personal problem with Yates. "Pumpster" seems to share some similiarities with "Sharma" who prefers Nasser over Dorian because he shares an ethnic background with Nasser.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2008, 09:50:32 AM »
Of course ND wound down his activity in the truce thread - he has confidence in his position and need not continually try and convince himself. 

yeah, he has to convince himself that all the 99 Ronnie shots are photoshopped in order to justify Ronnie's crushing of dorian...

yeah, he's real confident of his position all right.

its amazing the bullshit you two post.

:-\

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: May 18, 2008, 10:06:33 AM »
yeah, he has to convince himself that all the 99 Ronnie shots are photoshopped in order to justify Ronnie's crushing of dorian...

yeah, he's real confident of his position all right.

its amazing the bullshit you two post.

:-\

Hulkster they are photoshopped Bizzy admitted to photoshopping them , and the best part is a graphic artist showed exactly how Bizzy toyed with them further , and again I don't need to prove myself to YOU I know I'm right , you constantly try ( keyword ) to convince me and others you're right ( see fail )

see Bizzy's admission of guilt.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: May 18, 2008, 10:18:13 AM »
How Bizzy photshopped the pics of Ronnie BTW

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: May 18, 2008, 10:30:30 AM »

Of course ND wound down his activity in the truce thread - he has confidence in his position and need not continually try and convince himself.  You however, like the impudent child feel the need to keep screaming after everyone else has gone.  It's really just about baiting you now, it's actually quite fun to a point - but like I said, ridiculously easy. 

hi pubes

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: May 18, 2008, 10:31:45 AM »
  This does seem true. Definitely. I have observed that his posts about Dorian are usually very angry and emotional, as if he had a personal problem with Yates. "Pumpster" seems to share some similiarities with "Sharma" who prefers Nasser over Dorian because he shares an ethnic background with Nasser.

Hilarious speculation as usual, given that i'm white but not one of the 3-skinhead strong "team yates". The  theory goes right down the toilet, along with those about photoshopped Coleman and the other ten or so that included poor lighting, angles, etc.

These knuckleheads don't realize what a back-handed complement it is to be suggesting that Coleman's unaltered shots are shopped hahaahahahaha