Author Topic: Joe Stevenson  (Read 2690 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Joe Stevenson
« on: June 25, 2006, 12:40:34 AM »
got owned pretty badly, is he waaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated or did he just have a very bad night? I expected him to be dominant, the lad couldnt stop falling over for fuck sake
Scouser on Tour

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: Joe Stevenson
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 01:21:00 AM »
Joe Stevenson isn't fighting for another two weeks at UFC 61 against Yves Edwards, he will probably lose though.
Predictions
 40/61

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 07:45:21 PM »
What channel were you watching? He definitly did not fight.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 02:34:04 AM »
was watching it on Bravo in the UK. Seriously he got the shit beat out of him, blood all over him from several gashes in his head. I thought he was going to be awesome, but he looked like a pile of shit and was subsequently demolished
Scouser on Tour

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 02:38:14 AM »
apparently, he fought Jens Pulver 2 weeks before his 17th birthday (fuckin hell!!!) and got knocked cold. Still the only KO he has suffered
Scouser on Tour

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 01:05:49 PM »
That was one of Jens Pulver's training partners that destroyed him, Josh Neer.  Pulver trains with Josh Neer and Spencer Fisher, so I think the chances of us seeing him go up against one of these guys is slim to none.  I would like to see him Ko Stevenson again though.
Predictions
 40/61

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 01:26:14 PM »
did you see the fight though? He was man handled throughout, couldnt even make a successful shoot
Scouser on Tour

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 01:28:26 PM »
Yup older fight, didn't realise Stevenson has been around so long.

Stevenson was obviously using the Marc Laimon mma strat of fall to your ass and pray the other guy magically ends up in your guard...   Guess Stevensons "retard" strength wore off against Neer.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 01:46:47 PM »
yeah, fight is about 2 months old but he was supposed to be the next big thing in MMA. Momentum is none existant now
Scouser on Tour

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 01:51:09 PM »
yeah, fight is about 2 months old but he was supposed to be the next big thing in MMA. Momentum is none existant now

All of the Tuff guys are supposed to be the "next big thing", some workout others don't...  But they will still get a lot of hoopla.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 01:57:09 PM »
the only ones ive seen that have impressed me from TUF are Forrest, Stephan, Nate, KenFlo and Sanchez. Chris Leben was supposed to be hard as fuck but he hasnt done fuck all
Scouser on Tour

dr._squat

• Getbig II
  • Pass the Torch
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 06:19:29 PM »
Frankly I think Swick is pretty darn impressive as well.  He has the Frank Shamrock-esque ability to finish quality opponents off quicker than expected.  He tooled Joe Riggs faster than Hughes did.  He'll be a contender in shorter order than most of the TUF'ers.  And I thinik Leben will surprise some people against Anderson Silva on Wednesday.  His head is too darn hard to be knocked out and his sub defense is excellent and the same goes for Anderson as well.  Personally I think we're in for a war on Wednesday and a lot more people are going to end up respecting Leben as a great fighter and not just some TUF noob.
Absolute

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 06:28:19 PM »
are some of these fights you guys speak of only shown overseas?  i mean we only get ufc and pride of PPV, or for free on SPIKE, or FSN.. no other organizations..
grundle has no sack,

dr._squat

• Getbig II
  • Pass the Torch
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 10:30:00 PM »
nope, the fights that Im speaking of are in the U.S.  And the joe stevenson fight where he got the cuts in his head was on Spike and the one against Jens was probably on a KOTC card which is also shown on indemand ppv.
Absolute

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 12:09:46 AM »
Jens beat Stevenson back in 1999 if I'm not mistaken, at one of Bas Rutten's MMA shows in Colorado.  Josh Neer is responsible for stevenson's last loss,  Neer is fighting on Wednsday against Josh Burkman which should make for an entertaining match up that I am certain Neer will win.  Neer is a tough guy with a decent chin and a never say die attitude, He gets beat up by Jens Pulver,Spencer Fisher and Matt Hughes everyday in training so I don't think Burkman will be a problem. 
Predictions
 40/61

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 09:41:02 PM »
Frankly I think Swick is pretty darn impressive as well.  He has the Frank Shamrock-esque ability to finish quality opponents off quicker than expected.  He tooled Joe Riggs faster than Hughes did.  He'll be a contender in shorter order than most of the TUF'ers.  And I thinik Leben will surprise some people against Anderson Silva on Wednesday.  His head is too darn hard to be knocked out and his sub defense is excellent and the same goes for Anderson as well.  Personally I think we're in for a war on Wednesday and a lot more people are going to end up respecting Leben as a great fighter and not just some TUF noob.

Leben was a surprise alright....He got totally floored...way out classed and I don't believe he is going to really be the same fighter anymore...time will tell...

Silva is in a class by himself but he went thru Leben like he wasn't even there...