Author Topic: Science Of Super Human Strength: Discovery channel  (Read 4685 times)

Beener

• Getbig IV
Science Of Super Human Strength: Discovery channel
« on: June 25, 2006, 09:12:47 PM »
Just watchin some show about powerliftin n liftin of all sorts on discovery. Y'know, sorta along the lines of The Man Who's Arms Exploded, made for non bodybuilders.

They were just showin a clip of a strongman event, and i think i saw Bob Chick in the crowd.

Now they're talking about how bad steroids are and about how bodybuilders hate how they look so the take steroids.
Whats with all these shows these days about bodybuilding and how steroids are bad??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Science Of Super Human Strength: Discovery channel
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 09:16:05 PM »
i think i saw Bob Chick in the crowd.

you didn't think Jim Manion's lap would remain empty, didja?

ziiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 12:49:21 AM »
Pro Bodybuilding will never be accepted from the main public. Just because there a bunch of lazy jacka**, that's my opinion of the main public. I love the attention good or bad. Where I live I go into a local Wal-Mart and people just stare. I LOVE IT! I would rather be extraordinary then ordinary, you know what I mean. Scr*w the main public, it's there choice. They want to accept it or not, to hell with that. I'm not full of myself, but I'm sick of the crying. Why wont the main public except us, because your a bunch of freaks in there eyes. They can't comprehend what we go through, day after day. Stepping into the gym, giving it you’re all. Think of it like this, your stronger then them. You know your better and you don’t have to prove that. I just call them little people, because that's what I see. Bodybuilding is our world. You respect it, or you get out of our way. Love it or Hate it.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 04:20:53 AM »
Pro Bodybuilding will never be excepted from the main public. Just because there a bunch of lazy jacka**, that's my opinion of the main public. I love the attention good or bad. Where I live I go into a local Wal-Mart and people just stare. I LOVE IT! I would rather be extraordinary then ordinary, you know what I mean. Scr*w the main public, it's there choise. They want to except it or not, to hell with that. I'm not full of myself, but I'm sick of the crying. Why wont the main public except us, because your a bunch of freaks in there eyes. They can't comprehend what we go through, day after day. Stepping into the gym, giving it your all. Your last breath, like your close to death. Think of it like this, your stronger then them. You know your better and you dont have to prove that. I just call them little people, because that's what I see. Bodybuilding is our world. You respect it, or you get out of our way. Like I said once before. Love it or Hate it.

Only problem is 99% of the world doesn't give a shit about BB, they care so little most people have as much of an opinion on BB-ing as on the brazilian hardwood beetle.

BTW over here in Holland close to 50% of the population is into spots a couple of times a week. But that isn't considered to be 'real' training by certain bonehead gymrats. They should join in a game of Futsall and see how long they'd last, 5 mins probably.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 04:36:16 AM »
There is a difference between people who train consistently and love the sport and its health benefits vs a pro bodybuilder.  Unfortunately, as much as I love the freaks, I know that on the inside they have the cardiovascular constitution of a 75 year old lady.  There is a reason that the show said "steroids are bad for you"...they are when used inappropriately and unmonitored like a lot of pro athletes do.  Pro BB abuse the drugs like no other...no concern about their cholesterol, lack of aerobic fitness, depressed myocardial function, creaky joints, etc.  People admire fit people or those perceived to be fit.  Pro athletes like Lance Armstrong, Tom Brady, and Dwayne Wade are examples These are naturally muscular individuals that do herculean things in their sport of choice.  Also, although thousands of times better shape than the average person, they are not intimidating to look at.  However, pro BB look Herculean and are incredibly strong, but most of them look deformed to the average Joe.  Show the average guy a pic of Ronnie or Levrone (the actor) and he would want to look like Levrone (actor look).  That is obtainable and appealing to the public; Ronnie Coleman (Dorian, Ruhl, Jay, Freeman, etc) will always be freaks of nature and might as well be Frankenstein.

FreshMintBlue

• Getbig III
  • Me and your Maaaaaaaa
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 05:09:37 AM »
I believe that the averare Gym rat takes a lot more roids than your pro bodybuilder who has a lot of  help from the right people to tell him excactly what to take.
Plust most guys on the very top are gifted in general and there for need only a fraction of what your average roid junkie takes.
Who gives a shit

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 06:47:05 AM »
I believe that the averare Gym rat takes a lot more roids than your pro bodybuilder who has a lot of  help from the right people to tell him excactly what to take.
Plust most guys on the very top are gifted in general and there for need only a fraction of what your average roid junkie takes.

Hahahahahhahahahahahahah aha....man this board is great this morning!!! how many gym rats spend 15k on contest prep alone???

8)

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 08:40:26 AM »
Want another reason BBing will not be accepted - it's supplements like this one:

http://www.mysupplementstore.com/ejbygola.html

Great name for the next snake oil...?
Motherboy (the band).

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 08:58:28 AM »

pffffft, big thumbs up to you ::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 09:00:17 AM »

Ejaculoid will let you ejaculate with power. It's designed for stronger ejaculations with multiple spurts.
           :D
Bwahaha. Ejaculoid!? That just can't be real. And with 'semen volumizer' no less. Good stuff.

/I wouldn't use anything if it didn't have 'semen volumizer.' One's semen can never have enough volume.  ;D

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 09:04:03 AM »
Bwahaha. Ejaculoid!? That just can't be real. And with 'semen volumizer' no less. Good stuff.

/I wouldn't use anything if it didn't have 'semen volumizer.' One's semen can never have enough volume.  ;D

I love the explosive volcano too.  KA-boom!
Motherboy (the band).

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 09:05:42 AM »
Just watchin some show about powerliftin n liftin of all sorts on discovery. Y'know, sorta along the lines of The Man Who's Arms Exploded, made for non bodybuilders.

They were just showin a clip of a strongman event, and i think i saw Bob Chick in the crowd.

Now they're talking about how bad steroids are and about how bodybuilders hate how they look so the take steroids.
Whats with all these shows these days about bodybuilding and how steroids are bad??
duh steroids ARE BAD they make you AGE FASTER. you look like shit when you come off . but most of all you age faster
A

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 09:11:51 AM »
you didn't think Jim Manion's lap would remain empty, didja?

ziiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

About as long as Wayne's . . . hope you did not shed too much.

Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

The Beef

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 11:44:58 AM »
Ha! Yeah I watched that last night too, Mike. It was pretty cool. Saw Jay, Levrone, and Ruhl. Needless to say I went to bed happy.