Author Topic: July 17th - Pro Bodybuilding Weekly - Milos Sarcev  (Read 93804 times)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
Re: July 17th - Pro Bodybuilding Weekly - Milos Sarcev
« Reply #550 on: August 08, 2006, 12:34:15 PM »
Milos do you advocate the methods of Vince Gironda?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #551 on: August 08, 2006, 12:39:43 PM »
try them for yourself they might actually put some muscle on that skinny/fat pathetic body of yours.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
« Reply #552 on: August 08, 2006, 12:40:08 PM »

yes Milos what do you think about Gironda methods  6x6 , 8x8 , 10x10 and other of his methods , I think you said somwhere that you train 10x10 way on recommendation of Charles Poliquin but 10x10 is Girondas method  , what do you think are this methods good for building muscles ?

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #553 on: August 08, 2006, 03:38:42 PM »
i was more interested in gironda's stuff with diet

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #554 on: August 08, 2006, 09:23:01 PM »
This is one of the most interesting threads in the entire time I've read the boards. I'm serious

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #555 on: August 09, 2006, 10:44:21 AM »
i was more interested in gironda's stuff with diet

I have no idea what Vince was suggesting...

Can someone tell me?

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
« Reply #556 on: August 09, 2006, 11:02:54 AM »
I have no idea what Vince was suggesting...

Can someone tell me?

Low Carb Eating .It consisted of eating only fats and protein for three to four days straight, followed by one day where you include onelarge carbohydrate-containing meal and then repeat the cycle.
Amino Loading , he had used amino loading . few times a day he would take amino tabs , he said as long as there is aminos in blood we wouldn't enter a catabolic state and would continue to build muscle.

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #557 on: August 09, 2006, 02:49:45 PM »
Gironda was an interesting character. I can remember reading Vince's monthly column in MMI back in the late 80's - early nineties (before MMI sucked). I also remember him granting the occasional interview with Kennedy, Zulak, etc. This was long before Muscle Tech - back when MMI acknowledged the importance of steroids in bodybuilding, and was actually a fairly credible magazine.

In addition to the low carbs, I remember Vince recommending several pounds of meat a day. He liked to suggest steak and whole eggs fried in butter. And lots of dessicated liver tabs and some other more exotic supplements he said were hormone "precursors". For bulking he also recommended a daily blended drink consisting of a large amount of half and half with protein powder and a large number of raw eggs to be sipped throughout the day.

His training recommendations were also somewhat unique. He advised against squats in favor of other leg exercises like front squats, smith squats, hacks, sissy squats, etc. He didn't like bench presses or deads either. I'm sure it's no coincidence that his physique (and those of many of his pupils) had a lean, aesthetic look, but seemed to have mediocre development in the legs, traps, etc., and seemed to lack that "powerful" look one gets after many years of heavy basics. He also advised against aerobic activity. He felt that diet and a quicker training pace would get one ripped without eating away muscle.

He seemed to be rabidly anti-steroid. He even went so far as to deny that his prize pupil and Mr Olympia runner up Mohamed Makawy (sp?) was ever using.

His column was usually quite entertaining. He came off as an obnoxious character, sort of a bodybuilding version of a Don Rickels. He seemed to get his fair share of hate mail, which he answered with hysterical one-liner insults and obnoxious rants. I also recall seeing a video where he was training this chick, and he was screaming and yelling at her like a drill sargeant, to the point where the girl was near tears. It was said that he was a heavy drinker, which I'm sure only made him more abrasive.
Greed is good!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #558 on: August 09, 2006, 08:04:43 PM »
Vince Gironda's stuff on diet was pretty simple. Lots of eggs and beef was one thing. Another was that complex carbs should not be eaten with protein and that protein should be eaten with fats or vegetables. His protein shakes were raw eggs with half and half and of course some powder. He was also an advocate of desicated liver and Hydrocholric acid tablets, zinc, kelp... and a lot of unusual supplements that i don't remember.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #559 on: August 10, 2006, 10:13:41 AM »

After reading about his methods - NO I DON'T....

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #560 on: August 10, 2006, 10:19:58 AM »
Speaking of Vince, do you advocate the methods prescribed by Vince G, CSN MFT?

Or the bicycle riding styles of Pee Wee Herman???

Don't waste Milos' time with nonsense. He's really taking a lot of time to research the questions and answer them truthfully and trying to be helpful.

We appreciate your time Milos. Thank you for contributing to the boards. You are definitely an asset to Getbig.

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #561 on: August 10, 2006, 12:25:25 PM »

Hi Milos....
 i was wondering if u r going to attend the NOC!!  ;D
~ The Black Smith ~

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #562 on: August 10, 2006, 01:10:44 PM »
When is it?

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #563 on: August 10, 2006, 01:15:56 PM »
16th Sept. NY.....  but if u couldnt make it i will do my best to visit u in L.A if u r there... its really worth it.
~ The Black Smith ~

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #564 on: August 10, 2006, 04:23:29 PM »
No, that is the same day as North American Championships and my training partner might be entering that show...

I will be back in Fullerton on Monday after the show - and I would sure like to see you...
Let me know IF you are coming.

Good luck at your show!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #565 on: August 10, 2006, 05:50:06 PM »
Heavy drinker? Gironda? Come on...  He wasn't against squats if you had no glutes. As far as aerobics he said not to do them but he'd train people to the point where they could do sets with 15 seconds rest. Wheather Makkawy took steroids or not... he wasn't big at all.  If he did it was hiding from Gironda.

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #566 on: August 10, 2006, 07:21:26 PM »
Heavy drinker? Gironda? Come on...  He wasn't against squats if you had no glutes. As far as aerobics he said not to do them but he'd train people to the point where they could do sets with 15 seconds rest. Wheather Makkawy took steroids or not... he wasn't big at all.  If he did it was hiding from Gironda.

I don't have any first hand knowledge of Gironda's drinking (I never met him), but several well-known credible sources stated in print over the years that he drank excessively (wine, I think). I've also read numerous posts on many different boards over the past 6-7 years from older "Iron Ager" types who claimed to have known him or moved in the same circles who asserted that he was a heavy drinker. Although I'm a natural skeptic of that which I have no first hand knowledge of, I'm inclined to believe something may have some truth to it when numerous people all say the same thing. If one or two people had said it, maybe it was just gossip. But numerous sources have said this.

As far as Makkaway, he was certainly small-framed. But look at his condition at the '83 Olympia and tell me if you think he was natural. It was said that Gironda was aware of Larry Scott's use in the '60s and trained him anyway. I doubt that he would have condemned Makkaway for doing the same thing. But I'm not sure exactly what his motive would have been for claiming Makkaway was natural if he knew or suspected otherwise.
Greed is good!

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #567 on: August 10, 2006, 08:11:45 PM »
No, that is the same day as North American Championships and my training partner might be entering that show...

I will be back in Fullerton on Monday after the show - and I would sure like to see you...
Let me know IF you are coming.

Good luck at your show!

Thanx alot Milos.... now i have 2 Reasons to come to US, Doing the NOC and Meeting the MIND ;)
~ The Black Smith ~

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #568 on: August 11, 2006, 04:39:58 AM »
I don't think he was a heavy drinker. He was always ripped. I'm sure a lot of people didn't like him because of how he acted. he used to throw people out of his gym and give them their money back if they asked for his advice and didn't follow it.

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #569 on: August 11, 2006, 07:13:51 AM »
I don't think he was a heavy drinker. He was always ripped. I'm sure a lot of people didn't like him because of how he acted. he used to throw people out of his gym and give them their money back if they asked for his advice and didn't follow it.

He was certainly ripped when he was young. I've seen many pics of him showing off his physique when he was younger. But as he got older, he always seemed to be fully clothed. Of course most people don't feel the need to try to maintain a hypermuscular physique with single digit bodyfat into retirement age. I don't recall hearing wether or not he was a lush in his younger years, or if it was something that developed as he got older.

Those old timers who have spoke of him (the same ones that mention the heavy drinking) actually always seemed to speak fondly of him. I certainly never got the impression that they disliked him (although many admit that he was somewhat obnoxious) and were lying out of spite in order to smear his name or anything like that. And again, there are a fairly large number of people who have been saying the same thing about him being a heavy drinker - going back to many years before his death.
Greed is good!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #570 on: August 11, 2006, 08:01:18 AM »
Well if he drank a lot toward the end of his life that is no surprise. The guy was forced to close down his gym and stop training people which is what he loved. There are pictures of him in his late fifties with incredible definition.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #571 on: April 28, 2007, 11:34:29 AM »
Ah Milos.............."I PLEAD NO CONTEST!"
Your office Blows me away.
Now I know why they call you "The Mind!" ::)
So many Books, impressive! :o
Where do they say SYNTHOL will make you into a Champion?
Not once but TWICE!
Remember, when your wife shot up yout "TRICEPS" and you dropped to the floor with the Last Will and Testiment being read to you?
Smart Milos, you didn't learn from the first time you did it, now look at you trying to throw stones in glass houses.
Dont even get me started or the rest will flow like Gin and JUICE :o
You wanna bring your girl into this?
Dont even start trying to drag family into it, you will lose BIG! :-*

Wow.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #572 on: April 28, 2007, 12:40:56 PM »
nobody likes a rat
-

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #573 on: October 27, 2013, 05:33:06 PM »
Bump for the Golden Age of GetBig

All of you new people need to see what made Getbig what it is  ;D and why it's gone down hill since

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #574 on: October 28, 2013, 05:31:08 AM »
Remember this thread "classic", is Miss Karen Booty?