Author Topic: WFA News - Goldberg and new fight card  (Read 1507 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
WFA News - Goldberg and new fight card
« on: June 26, 2006, 01:44:18 PM »
Bill Goldberg was offered a job as a colour commentator with the WFA and hes took it with both hands. He says he is too old to compete (hes 39) but he would never say never, but he is perfectly content to just call the fights. Hes trained for over 20 years in martial arts and owns a martial arts school also. Personally i wouldnt want to see him strp in a ring with anyone, chances are he would get his arse handed to him inside 5 minutes.

Theyre certainly getting the names now though, and the new fight card "king of the Streets" looks pretty good, much better than most recent UFC cards. Bas is returning, Ricco is fighting and is apparently looking like his old self again, Rampage is fighting:

Matt Lindland vs. Quinton Jackson  (Rampage to win)
Bas Rutten vs. Kimo (Bas to kill him)
Ricco Rodriguez vs. Ron Waterman (Ricco if hes the old Ricco)
Ryoto Machida vs. Vernon "Tiger" White (Machida to perform a public execution)

Jason “Mayhem” Miller, Marvin Eastman & Ivan Salaverry also feature
Scouser on Tour

an123

• Getbig IV
Re: WFA News - Goldberg and new fight card
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 01:54:38 PM »
Isn't Miletich vs Gracie on this card too?

Good mix of old and new, i'll be curious to see how bas does.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 01:59:33 PM »
still TBC as far as i know, but its a safe bet Bas will win. Kimo is shit, he has size but nothing else. Hell, id give him a run for his money right now if i didnt knock him out. 10 years ago Kimo was a bad ass but hes aged worse than most. If Bas has half the ability he once did its a comfortable KO
Scouser on Tour

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 02:39:24 PM »
Miletich vs. Gracie is the main event of the next IFL event.  The WFA is looking pretty good and I think I'm picking this event over UFC 61.
Predictions
 40/61

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 03:15:54 PM »
Bill Goldberg was offered a job as a colour commentator with the WFA and hes took it with both hands. He says he is too old to compete (hes 39) but he would never say never, but he is perfectly content to just call the fights. Hes trained for over 20 years in martial arts and owns a martial arts school also. Personally i wouldnt want to see him strp in a ring with anyone, chances are he would get his arse handed to him inside 5 minutes.

Theyre certainly getting the names now though, and the new fight card "king of the Streets" looks pretty good, much better than most recent UFC cards. Bas is returning, Ricco is fighting and is apparently looking like his old self again, Rampage is fighting:

Matt Lindland vs. Quinton Jackson  (Rampage to win)
Bas Rutten vs. Kimo (Bas to kill him)
Ricco Rodriguez vs. Ron Waterman (Ricco if hes the old Ricco)
Ryoto Machida vs. Vernon "Tiger" White (Machida to perform a public execution)

Jason “Mayhem” Miller, Marvin Eastman & Ivan Salaverry also feature

this fight wont be on PPV will it?  I have comcast with all the premium channels...
grundle has no sack,

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 04:54:39 PM »
It's on InDemand PPV, I think.  It's a great card from top to bottom; the WFA seems to be wanting to be serious competition to the UFC.  After making Pride $, I have to believe that they had to shell out decent $ to Jackson, not to mention Bas..