Author Topic: How credible are the Magazines which talk about STEROIDS??  (Read 3169 times)

Armageddon

• Getbig III
How credible are the Magazines which talk about STEROIDS??
« on: June 26, 2006, 11:23:50 PM »

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: How credible are the Magazines which talk about STEROIDS??
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 11:43:40 PM »
credible with regards to what?

Advice on steroid use, nutrition, training methods, information on competitions???
It hasn't helped...

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 12:31:52 AM »
all of the above

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 01:10:54 AM »
GREG ZULAK used to have a pretty decent column in Muscle Mag,but it eventually turned into nothing more than a cleverly hidden( well,not so cleverly) advertisement for muscle tech.
   Also had some very questionable advice in regards to get'n shit over the border. Such as cleaning out a bottle of sun tan lotion and filling it with your injectable gear.Yeah that is real sterile isn't it.But all in all I think he did know what he was talking about as far as gear and the side effects.I haven't read Muscle mag in like 6 or 7 years so I don't even know if he still writes for them

RAT MCBAT

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 02:00:57 AM »
more credible than the ones that DON'T talk about steroids... and claim the athletes are natural
forget what you know

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 03:02:20 AM »
more credible than the ones that DON'T talk about steroids... and claim the athletes are natural

You know...that is a very good point.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 04:13:53 AM »

Mmmm, you don't want to tell me that Ronnie Coleman isn't natural, do you? Because i read Flex every month...  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 04:54:22 AM »
GREG ZULAK used to have a pretty decent column in Muscle Mag,but it eventually turned into nothing more than a cleverly hidden( well,not so cleverly) advertisement for muscle tech.
   Also had some very questionable advice in regards to get'n shit over the border. Such as cleaning out a bottle of sun tan lotion and filling it with your injectable gear.Yeah that is real sterile isn't it.But all in all I think he did know what he was talking about as far as gear and the side effects.I haven't read Muscle mag in like 6 or 7 years so I don't even know if he still writes for them

Yup, I agree. I loved Zulak's column because he basically kept us informed on new products/drugs, and he would also advise how to take and what was garbage. He knew very well what he was talking about. very informative.
PB

thor_odin

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 05:53:57 AM »
They aren't credible at all. Pros will never admit to what gear they on. Serge Nubret still insists he's natural. Does he believe people are stupid? I recall reading that Mike Quinn said he was squatting something like 500Ibs before he even touched steroids which I don't believe. I would even go far as to say that most pros were on gear before they even lifted a weight in their life.

BigSexy50

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 05:59:00 AM »
Squatting 500 lbs. all natural isn't all that incredible.  I did a 600 lbs. single before I touched anything.

thor_odin

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 06:08:56 AM »
I think he said he was repping out with full squats though and was only 16 years old at the time.
600Ibs is impressive are you a powerlifter?

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 08:31:10 AM »
GREG ZULAK used to have a pretty decent column in Muscle Mag

No, it was FAR from decent. In fact, it was loaded with 100% pure, pharmaceutical grade bullcrap. Period.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 09:08:50 AM »
Mmmm, you don't want to tell me that Ronnie Coleman isn't natural, do you? Because i read Flex every month...  ;D

lol..I read flex evry month for the past 8 years, but Godamn, they refuse to let us know besides bread and butter, that these guys are taking piles of shit and risking everything, even their life. but I truly praise a few other Mags outthere that are trying to tell us what goes on behind the curtains
Get Big, or Die Trying

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 09:22:15 AM »
They aren't credible at all. Pros will never admit to what gear they on. Serge Nubret still insists he's natural. Does he believe people are stupid? I recall reading that Mike Quinn said he was squatting something like 500Ibs before he even touched steroids which I don't believe. I would even go far as to say that most pros were on gear before they even lifted a weight in their life.

and dont forget a lot of these guys fcuking lie all the time. they all think they have superman powers. does honesty still exist in bodybuilding. Rarely, will you find a Pros telling it like it is, or something true about himself
Get Big, or Die Trying

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 09:36:43 AM »
It doesn't matter nowdays with the internet. A good steroid forum will have all that you need. Mick Harts no bull mag used to be great, havn't read it in a long time though.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »

lol..I read flex evry month for the past 8 years, but Godamn, they refuse to let us know besides bread and butter, that these guys are taking piles of shit and risking everything, even their life. but I truly praise a few other Mags outthere that are trying to tell us what goes on behind the curtains

If you already know that, why does FLEX have to constantly remind you? And, what difference does it make, unless you're trying to emulate some of those guys, anyway?

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 12:20:57 PM »
Muscular development and Musclemag international are the closest in telling the public about steroids.
Get Big, or Die Trying

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 01:22:06 PM »
Serge Nubret still insists he's natural. Does he believe people are stupid? I recall reading that Mike Quinn said he was squatting something like 500Ibs before he even touched steroids which I don't believe.

Greg Valentino said he had 21" guns before he ever touched a steroid. Steve Michalik claims he won the America and the Universe before he touched a steroid. These guys think everybody is deluded as they are I guess. ::)
The House that Ruth built

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 01:24:46 PM »
I'm sure any thing said by Jumbo Palumbo is true.  I mean who doesn't want to walk around and look like a ape.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 01:50:09 PM »
I'm sure any thing said by Jumbo Palumbo is true.  I mean who doesn't want to walk around and look like a ape.
wow somebody has officially went off topic just to talk shit ::)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 02:17:19 PM »
How is that off topic ?    Palumbo is in a MD

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 05:19:41 PM »
we are talking about credibility and your talking about personal preference on a direct individual