Author Topic: How much money can bb'ers make doing tv and movie appearances?  (Read 4710 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: How much money can bb'ers make doing tv and movie appearances?
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 06:01:53 PM »
what about levrone? 3 years, havent seen him in anything? has he had any roles?

He just finished filming two movies.. so he is doing pretty good I would say.  ;)
just push some weight!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 06:23:12 PM »
They're given first pick in the lost & found box.

sounds about right
Here comes the money shot

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 06:25:20 PM »
what about levrone? 3 years, havent seen him in anything? has he had any roles?

yes, he had several jelly rolls
Here comes the money shot

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2006, 08:20:45 PM »
ronnie probably makes about 3 million a year now

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2006, 09:38:32 PM »
Seeing Palumbo on Conan made me wonder what kind of income these guys can generate doing this kind of work. I know that a lot depends on the role, if the part calls for dialogue or just standing there and whether or not they're members of the SAG. I think there's a minimum of $1,800 a day for SAG members. 

I remember in the movie "The Cell" with Jennifer Lopes there was a scene with a female bodybuilder and of course Chick does done television work.

How much money do some of these guys make in hollywood?

It is not close to $1,800 a day.  When I was with SAG (a member for 10 years) the minimum when I left was around $568 a day.  Due to the new contract, that increased I think every couple years.  I am pretty sure the minimum is not more than $700 a day.  This is based on up to 8 hours.  Anything over that got time and a half to 10 and double after that.  You also can get a hazardous pay too.  Wearing the makeup like Dave did on that bit on Conan he might have receved that but probably not.  NO talk show pays anyone more than $600 an appearance.  That is what it used to be just a few years ago.  Nearly every top star donates their appearance fee to charity.   

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2006, 09:40:53 PM »
Thanks, I just checked out their website. I would have thought SAG covered television actors.

They do.  I am not sure but I thought they consolidated both unions.  So if you are a mmeber of one you can be with the other. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2006, 09:45:14 PM »
  Due to the new contract, that increased I think every couple years.  I am pretty sure the minimum is not more than $700 a day.  This is based on up to 8 hours.  Anything over that got time and a half to 10 and double after that. 

How long ago was this? I was a member of SAG for a long time and I was told the 12 hours constituted a full day and anything over was time and a half and Sundays were double time, but you are correct on the minimum pay scale ($700.00 perday).

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2006, 09:47:04 PM »
They're not going to pay a non-speaking apperance the SAG minimum but they might if they're a member of AFTRA but that would probably no more than the minimum. (whatever that is now)

It doesn't matter if you speak or not when you are SAG to get paid the SAG rate.  If you are SAG and you are positoned in frame enough to distinguished clearly it is you, no matter if you speak or not you will get paid the SAG rate.  That is very important when they shoot a scene.  I have done some odd work when I was seeing this girl who was an actor.  I would go to a shoot with her and be asked to be in the background.  The PA woudl get on the blow horn and ask if anyone here a member of SAG.  I would raise my hand and they would either take me out or move me into the deep background where I couldn't be determined.  They were not about to pay a SAG member for a "quickie".  It is very touchy when they set up a shot.  They asked everyone if they are union (SAG).  They do not want to finish shooting a scene or shot and find out later that the guy walking in the background tying his shoe is a SAG member.  Cause that guy will demand to get paid and he will get it.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2006, 09:53:18 PM »
How long ago was this? I was a member of SAG for a long time and I was told the 12 hours constituted a full day and anything over was time and a half and Sundays were double time, but you are correct on the minimum pay scale ($700.00 perday).

I was a member from 86 to 95'  I learned allot about the SAG rules and shit when I went "job corps".  WHich was somethign being done in Hawaii where you could work non-union jobs and get union benefits.  I got a preach job by the Presidnet of SAG (I can't remember his name right now) back then with a entire SAG handbook mailed to me with signature lines on every page to show I read it.  I worked allot of non union in Los Angeles and never got caught.  I do a few out here and get nailed big time.  I am pretty sure it is 8 hours a day is a full day.  Anything over 10 hours was time and a half and anything over 12 was double.  I got paid allot of overtime on Dangerous Curves.  I mostly did commercials so it wasn't really an issue.  I did a Gillette commercial that took 14 hours but it was a buyout so I got paid a flate rate of $8,400 which also included a phot shoot for a billboard and poster.  So I am not 100% sure on the overtime thing but I think I am close.  But it has been 10 years.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2006, 09:56:41 PM »
It doesn't matter if you speak or not when you are SAG to get paid the SAG rate.  If you are SAG and you are positoned in frame enough to distinguished clearly it is you, no matter if you speak or not you will get paid the SAG rate.  That is very important when they shoot a scene.  I have done some odd work when I was seeing this girl who was an actor.  I would go to a shoot with her and be asked to be in the background.  The PA woudl get on the blow horn and ask if anyone here a member of SAG.  I would raise my hand and they would either take me out or move me into the deep background where I couldn't be determined.  They were not about to pay a SAG member for a "quickie".  It is very touchy when they set up a shot.  They asked everyone if they are union (SAG).  They do not want to finish shooting a scene or shot and find out later that the guy walking in the background tying his shoe is a SAG member.  Cause that guy will demand to get paid and he will get it.

I should have clarified, sorry. I was trying to say I don't think they would waste budget money for a non-speaking part, I would think they would get someone cheaper from AFTRA instead of waisting a couple of days budget...make sense?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2006, 12:11:30 AM »
I should have clarified, sorry. I was trying to say I don't think they would waste budget money for a non-speaking part, I would think they would get someone cheaper from AFTRA instead of waisting a couple of days budget...make sense?

AFTRA is basically the same as SAG isn't it.  I'm not sure.  It was extra to join them I didn't see the need to it.  Having the SAG card got through just about anything.  AFTRA just includes, voice over, radio, and other stuff.  There is the Screen Extras Guild now.  So since it is union I am sure they would have to use a union player.  Dave has been in enough stuff to earn a card.  Plus he lives in New York or close by and obviously he has a pretty good agent since he got the part.  They cast those parts like any others.  So unless no one else showed up Dave had to have gone against some other BB's I would think.  He is smart enough to hire an agent to get him work.  He is defintiely one of the smarter BB's out there.