Author Topic: Who do you HATE more - Oprah Winfrey or Star Jones?  (Read 13197 times)

Slick Vic

Re: Who do you HATE more - Oprah Winfrey or Star Jones?
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2006, 05:13:09 PM »

Let me ask you this:  if Oprah proposed to you would you say "yes" and marry her?
hmmmmmm.... let me get back to ya on that.  :P

Slick Vic

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2006, 05:17:16 PM »
I get it, but money has this weird impact on looks.  Ever seen a fat ugly man with a trophy wife?

Actually, I do believe it or not. I know of this couple that are gettin' hitched this year and she's hot. And the guy, well, he's just fat and ugly. Or I could just be hatin'.  :P

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2006, 08:45:47 PM »
Actually, I do believe it or not. I know of this couple that are gettin' hitched this year and she's hot. And the guy, well, he's just fat and ugly. Or I could just be hatin'.  :P

What's his net worth?   :)  I've seen it too, but the guy has always had bank. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2006, 08:54:32 AM »
Star is a mockery.  She has tried so hard to play the Hollywood glamour game and the fact is she does not fit in.  First she was too fat, then she “lost” weight through a process that she will not publicly admit to.  This adds up to zero credibility. :(

Oprah has her problems too.  I’ve watched her show on and off over the years.  She is surprisingly materialistic and consistently rubs her wealth in the faces of her viewers.  I’m all for enjoying what you earned but a little modesty goes a long way. 

In addition, Oprah strikes me as very disingenuous.  She used to do a lot of trash TV, but even in the new format of her show, she occasionally handles sensitive topics in degrading or trashy ways.

She often talks of being “true to your spirit” etc,  yet all my black lesbian friends swear she is a dyke.  I defer to their expertise on Oprah, but I can say with total confidence that her man, Stedman Graham is bi at best.  Whether she is or not is not really the point (she has denied it), but she tries very hard to paint her self as “just like you” but how many people believe that?

Finally, Oprah did not invite Aretha Franklin or Whoopi Goldberg to her Legends Ball.  For those of you whom don’t know the LB was a big private party Oprah threw for celebrity/famous/influential black women at her estate in Santa Barbara.  There were many women in attendance (singers, actresses, academics, politicians) young and old.  But Aretha and Whoopi were excluded apparently because they don’t suck up to Oprah enough.

Aretha has previously been voted the greatest singer of all time by her peers! and Whoopi is one of only four people to have won an Oscar, a Tony, a Grammy, and an Emmy.  If that doesn’t make her a legend what does?  Oprah doesn’t have to love either of these women but to throw a party for African American female "legends" and not include them is pretty shitty.  >:(  The likes of Alicia Keys, Janet Jackson and other nobodies were at the ball.  They’re legends?  laughable.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2006, 10:04:02 AM »
I have no opinion about Oprah, other than the terrible message she sends by shacking up with her boyfriend and dissing marriage, but maybe she just doesn't like Aretha and Whoopi?  If so, that means she didn't invite two people she doesn't like to a private party at her house.  Makes sense to me.   :)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2006, 11:48:15 AM »
Star Jones is second on the list of women i'd happily blougeon to death.

# 1 on the list is this woman

carpe` vaginum!

Slick Vic

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2006, 12:07:49 PM »
Damn. Now that I think about it that's a tough call.... hmmmm.... who do I hate more, Rosie or Star?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006, 01:49:31 PM »
I guess you guys have never watched and listened to Gloria Allred?  She tops my list as the most irritating woman in America. 

I think man-hating Wendy Murphy would be second.  She pops up on TV anytime some guy is accused of rape and starts talking about how guilty he is (e.g., Kobe, Duke Lacrosse).

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2006, 03:57:27 PM »
I guess you guys have never watched and listened to Gloria Allred?  She tops my list as the most irritating woman in America. 

I agree, she is pretty annoying!  >:(

Here she is with her most recent "celebrity" client, Amber Frey.  I'm sure she was negotiating Amber's book deal even as Amber was on the witness stand... but she deserves her own thread....

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 06:08:44 AM »
Mad TV does Oprah... so funny!