Author Topic: MMA training regimens  (Read 1525 times)

FSUFan

• Getbig II
MMA training regimens
« on: June 29, 2006, 10:15:53 AM »
I have not yet gotten into Martial Arts (meaning I haven't started taking any yet), but I was wondering what the training and diet regimen is like for a fighter who competes?

I just want to know how these guys get in such insane shape and shredded. What kind of cardio do they do? Stuff like that... can anyone enlighten me?

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: MMA training regimens
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 03:51:58 PM »

I just want to know how these guys get in such insane shape and shredded. What kind of cardio do they do? Stuff like that... can anyone enlighten me?

yeah.......

they roll around on a matt for 2-3 hours a day

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 08:09:07 PM »
depends on your conditioning going into it.  Also depends on experience.  Lets just say you will do a ton of cardio several hours easily throughout the day. moderate weight lifting, but tons of sparring.  Since you don't have any MA traingng, you will have to learn the forms ans such on top of the other training.  hard to say this is what you swill do as trainners differ on what they think is important

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 10:38:55 PM »
Whatever you do don't start out with a major style that focuses on the 'arts' aspect of things (like Karate, Tae Kwon Do or Kung Fu) If you're gonna get into it go for a combination of  Jiu Jitsu/Muay Thai.