Author Topic: Who's going to the NOC  (Read 4508 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Who's going to the NOC
« on: June 30, 2006, 04:32:20 AM »
Although early, have any of you thought about going to the NOC? Sat Sept 16th...

Might be nice if we could get a box/section for all the getbiggers

Rhinocerites Unite.....

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Who's going to the NOC
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 04:35:48 AM »
Although early, have any of you thought about going to the NOC?

Might be nice if we could get a box/section for all the getbiggers

Rhinocerites Unite.....

where are the new Rhino pics?

newmom

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 05:20:06 AM »
I might go depending on cost of tickets...but probably just to prejudging...because i wont keep the little one out that late...but she loves to be around people so depending on how i look we shall see

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 05:43:58 AM »
Tickets are 40-200 depending on day/night and of course seating location

As a tribute Mike Arvilla has agreed to shave his head in support of The Rhino...oh wait he already is shaven.....

RHINO290

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 05:51:06 AM »
Tickets are 40-200 depending on day/night and of course seating location

As a tribute Mike Arvilla has agreed to shave his head in support of The Rhino...oh wait he already is shaven.....

Tickets are 60,80,100 for the evening, I think 20-prejudging.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 06:00:33 AM »
Thanks for the clarification, I pulled those $$$ off ticketmaster.com website

tommygun

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 07:44:41 AM »
Doesn't anybody think those prices are just a bit steep.  I'm mean come on($60.00-80.00).  Some of these guys, in the line up could even win an npc local show, let alone compete for real prize money.   The bottom line is, that In order to compete as a pro, you have to beat the best amateurs that are competing.  And right now as it stands those amateurs are in the NPC.  I don't understand why people would pay big money to see a bunch of amateurs compete.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 07:47:22 AM »
Doesn't anybody think those prices are just a bit steep.  I'm mean come on($60.00-80.00).  Some of these guys, in the line up could even win an npc local show, let alone compete for real prize money.   The bottom line is, that In order to compete as a pro, you have to beat the best amateurs that are competing.  And right now as it stands those amateurs are in the NPC.  I don't understand why people would pay big money to see a bunch of amateurs compete.

Priest. Taylor. King.  And if my 100-to-1 longshot cashes in, Levrone :)
And suppose by luck's sake this PDI thing does take off.  Imagine being able to say you attended the first Olympia.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 07:50:06 AM »
It's also about gooing out and supporting your favorite bodybuilder regardless if he has won a Real IFBB show or not.

Also it's NYC, cmon man, the big apple, Time Square etc etc

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 08:40:11 AM »
Plus, if you come to the show, you get to meet Special Ed.

Special Ed is even funnier in person.

Watch him borrow money from street beggars and panhandle in a 3-piece suit on the subway to raise funds to attend the NOC!

Fun Fun FUN!!

Special "Talking about Special Ed in the Third Person Makes Him Seem More Important" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

RHINO290

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 08:46:45 AM »
Doesn't anybody think those prices are just a bit steep.  I'm mean come on($60.00-80.00).  Some of these guys, in the line up could even win an npc local show, let alone compete for real prize money.   The bottom line is, that In order to compete as a pro, you have to beat the best amateurs that are competing.  And right now as it stands those amateurs are in the NPC.  I don't understand why people would pay big money to see a bunch of amateurs compete.

Tom,

you are a good bodybuilder, in your own right. You should focus more on that than bashing others. Oh, last time I checked, lee priest, and Vince Taylor were, um, not amatuers.

There are good bodybuilders in the NPC, but there are good bodybuilders elsewhere as well.

tommygun

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 08:59:42 AM »
Understand, show support to friends and colleiges, if you will.  But $80.00,  I paid $100.00 to see Ronnie Coleman win his first Olympia, now talk about a show.  Everybody there could of step on stage: the competors behind the booths and the ones who came just see the show.  Don't get me wrong Wayne idea the PDI seems like a good one for the most part, but in order to make it a respectful show you need to get some respectable contenders.  This reminds me of what baseball did after the 1993 season, where the players went on strike and onwers replace the pros with, semi pros or, players with a lower caliber status, and what happen... from what i understand nobody show up.  Why pay a $100.00 to amatuers when you can pay that to Ronnie, jay or, dexter.  I say support the show, Bring competion to the the other pro organization namely ifbb.  But, don't think for a minute that this competor line should bring big dollars.  I'm not trying to disrespect anyone who is competeing or supporting this show.  In fact, a friend of mine is competeing in the noc.  If your getting paid to do something you love to do more power to you...  TG    .

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 08:59:48 AM »
All the amateurs are going.. ;D ;D
Get Big, or Die Trying

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 09:09:31 AM »
IFBB Mr "O" = Certainty...If Ron Shows up he wins, if Jay shows up he is 2nd

NOC = Uncertainty of both who will win and who will be on stage

Jack, I know Wayne has his reasons but he really need to leak out a few more IFBB Pros to shut the nay sayers up!

tommygun

• Getbig I
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 10:22:54 AM »
Jack, No bashing here...  or at least it wasn't meant to be.   If you were Vince tailor or Lee Priest, and you have been a proven winner among the top pros in country, then all of a sudden your competeing against someone whose not in your caliber.  how would you feel, would your win be a big acomplishment.   No... Your right there are other bodybuilding organiztions out there.  But right now the amatuers in the npc are setting the standard.  these are the guys that are getting the respect not the athletes in the nabba,or the aau (if it still exists).  In all do respects good luck,  I hope the journey is a fruitful one. tg

RHINO290

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 10:31:02 AM »
Jack, No bashing here...  or at least it wasn't meant to be.   If you were Vince tailor or Lee Priest, and you have been a proven winner among the top pros in country, then all of a sudden your competeing against someone whose not in your caliber.  how would you feel, would your win be a big acomplishment.   No... Your right there are other bodybuilding organiztions out there.  But right now the amatuers in the npc are setting the standard.  these are the guys that are getting the respect not the athletes in the nabba,or the aau (if it still exists).  In all do respects good luck,  I hope the journey is a fruitful one. tg

Thank you. I'll come by the training center sometime.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 10:51:31 AM »
then all of a sudden your competeing against someone whose not in your caliber.

a different caliber is not necessarily a bad thing.  some of us don't like the standards they are judged by in the pro IFBB.  some of us are hoping that the PDI puts more emphasis on proportionality and symmetry.  bigger is not better.  It would be fine with me if an unknown won the whole thing.

and as far as the price, you're going to a show on Broadway in Manhattan.  $100 for a show on Broadway is quite reasonable.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 12:29:49 PM »

Who says the best BB's are in the NPC.  Europe has some awesome guys competing.  Frey is going to do some damage and could easily win a major NPC show here.  As can some other guys coming into the PDI.  And from what I understand the ticket prices are not bad in fact right on for the venue and location.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 03:48:53 PM »
I have 30 family members going...they will all be up in the balcony.
ANIMAL

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 04:14:27 PM »
Understand, show support to friends and colleiges, if you will.  But $80.00,  I paid $100.00 to see Ronnie Coleman win his first Olympia, now talk about a show.  Everybody there could of step on stage: the competors behind the booths and the ones who came just see the show.  Don't get me wrong Wayne idea the PDI seems like a good one for the most part, but in order to make it a respectful show you need to get some respectable contenders.  This reminds me of what baseball did after the 1993 season, where the players went on strike and onwers replace the pros with, semi pros or, players with a lower caliber status, and what happen... from what i understand nobody show up.  Why pay a $100.00 to amatuers when you can pay that to Ronnie, jay or, dexter.  I say support the show, Bring competion to the the other pro organization namely ifbb.  But, don't think for a minute that this competor line should bring big dollars.  I'm not trying to disrespect anyone who is competeing or supporting this show.  In fact, a friend of mine is competeing in the noc.  If your getting paid to do something you love to do more power to you...  TG    .

Well, the O tix when I went last were 210 each - and I wasn't even close to the stage.  What a rip off - I haven't been back since...
Motherboy (the band).

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 04:37:31 PM »
a different caliber is not necessarily a bad thing.  some of us don't like the standards they are judged by in the pro IFBB.  some of us are hoping that the PDI puts more emphasis on proportionality and symmetry.  bigger is not better.  It would be fine wiht me if an unknown won the whole thing.

and as far as the price, you're going to a show on Broadway in Manhattan.  $100 for a show on Broadway is quite reasonable.

Well said Tim.

SDMF

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 05:28:29 PM »
I would love to go to support Priest, Jack and Vinny.  I have met 2 of you guys and both were great and friendly.  And Vinny, I have heard nothing but good things about you, problem is I HATE NYC, I made myself a promise to do my absolute best not to ever go there, and I had to compromsie that for my job a while ago.  So hopefully the PDI will come to NJ...The IFBB has an AC show, c'mon 240, get on that

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 05:37:46 PM »
I'm sure there is a lot of seats left to get.... ;D
A

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2006, 06:30:14 PM »
No matter how much the tickets are they are nothing compared to the Olympia tickets which is just a total waste and not even close to being worth it. I had tickets to the 2000 and 2001 Olympia for free and I didn't go.  I gave them away.  I like the expo and thats it.

newmom

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2006, 07:34:44 PM »
he would stand out begging on the 6th train..those beggers never wear suits

Plus, if you come to the show, you get to meet Special Ed.

Special Ed is even funnier in person.

Watch him borrow money from street beggars and panhandle in a 3-piece suit on the subway to raise funds to attend the NOC!

Fun Fun FUN!!

Special "Talking about Special Ed in the Third Person Makes Him Seem More Important" Ed