Author Topic: Bertil Fox  (Read 20230 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Bertil Fox
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2006, 09:11:56 AM »
I think Samir's chest is outstanding !

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2006, 09:14:15 AM »
While is quads aren't going to have great size seeing he's just 188lbs they had amazing seperation & detail

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2006, 09:15:17 AM »
His biceps were split

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2006, 09:39:13 AM »
he peaked once in his career and it "won" him the O. All im saying is he was never known for anything but his back. Just because he looked good at one contest doesnt mean he always had great bodyparts
Scouser on Tour

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2006, 01:33:49 PM »
he peaked once in his career and it "won" him the O. All im saying is he was never known for anything but his back. Just because he looked good at one contest doesnt mean he always had great bodyparts

Samir looked great at most contests. Its just that others sometime looked better.

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
  • Country Classic Invitational. 7th August 2010
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2006, 04:04:18 PM »
No, I was not there that day, but you and I seem to have been in the same place much of the same time during that time frame.

Bertil was awesome. I had just started bench pressing and he walked over and asked if we could train together. As you remember, he had that accent and was somewhat soft spoken. He was spotting me on inclines and wanted me to add more weight so he says, “just do it, just do it, I will tip the bar for you”, which meant spot me. The guy was incredible strong. We always finished chest with 5 super sets of dumbbell flys and dips. Everything was a minimum of five sets. Always.

Keith, those were the days, right??

Mate, that rocks.............traini ng with Bertil Fox. 8) 

I reckon he was hard done by in 83.  That routine he does & the crowd's response is awesome.  He really had the crowd on his side that day, they went ape-shit when he was called out 5th.  BBing had so much more passion in those days.

Samir deserved to win IMO, he was beautifully balanced & would no doubt have collected many first votes in the Symmetry round, whereas Bertil probably lost ground in this round.  Two of my all-time favourite BBers. 

Samirs back was sensational, but that kneeling side chest/most muscular pose that Fox does is fucking ripper.  I don't think I've seen anyone else do it.  I don't suppose anyone has a pic of it?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2006, 05:21:25 PM »
Samirs back was sensational, but that kneeling side chest/most muscular pose that Fox does is fucking ripper.  I don't think I've seen anyone else do it.  I don't suppose anyone has a pic of it?

Here you go .

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2006, 05:27:15 PM »
For one night, Samir was as good as Samir could ever be......but  he was not just a "back" ... His quad seperation was rivaled only by platz... I thought he had a wide waist.... that was his only draw back ..
L

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2006, 06:41:58 PM »
its funny how time distorts memory.

like the SR v LL thread recently.

anyone around at the time would answer the same...LL.

and now this? Bertil looked huge and dense in some gym pics when lighting was right and he was pumped and so on and so on.

there were some guys around at that time that had better packages than Bertil. He wasnt considered a ''top contender'' at the time, because, well, he wasnt.

now its arguable that he mightve been 2nd at the 83 O. personally i dont think so, but 5th might have been a bit harsh.

samir won it though, no question. blew everyone away with his conditioning.

at that time all BBs had weaknesses. in the pics you see BB's strengths. Bertail had great strengths.

but he had glaring weaknesses.

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
  • Country Classic Invitational. 7th August 2010
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2006, 07:17:29 PM »

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2006, 02:49:53 PM »
Hehe, a waste of Web space if there ever was one...

Keep quiet worm.......

Hope this helps!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2006, 02:56:20 PM »
its funny how time distorts memory.

like the SR v LL thread recently.

anyone around at the time would answer the same...LL.

and now this? Bertil looked huge and dense in some gym pics when lighting was right and he was pumped and so on and so on.

there were some guys around at that time that had better packages than Bertil. He wasnt considered a ''top contender'' at the time, because, well, he wasnt.

now its arguable that he mightve been 2nd at the 83 O. personally i dont think so, but 5th might have been a bit harsh.

samir won it though, no question. blew everyone away with his conditioning.

at that time all BBs had weaknesses. in the pics you see BB's strengths. Bertail had great strengths.

but he had glaring weaknesses.

Great post !