Author Topic: King and his "5 biggest pro" myths in MMI  (Read 7716 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
King and his "5 biggest pro" myths in MMI
« on: June 30, 2006, 10:09:29 PM »
In the recent Muscle Mag Int, KING K had an article on the 5 biggest myths in pro bodybuilding.
While I agree with him that genetics, diet and training are the majority reasons for success, I strongly disagree with his explanation for the distended belly. He claims it hs nothing to do with HGH/insulin abuse and is simpky due to eating a lot of food. Hmmmm, I know plenty of fat guys that eat but they look like Homer Simpson , big belly but lots of fat. A guy with very low fat and very ripped looking abs can't have huge gut unless "something" UN natural is going on ya know
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

body88

Re: King and his "5 biggest pro" myths in MMI
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 10:13:23 PM »
King Kamlai full of shit. Notice the guys saying distention has nothing to do with GH are the biggest GH hounds out there......He ate alot when he first turned pro.Hmm weird no gut.

Kamali you have a gut. It is from GH and Insulin.....

Hope this helps.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 10:15:05 PM »
I think it has a bit to do with the carbing up process. Pros are much bigger than they were a generation ago, so its only natural that they need to eat far more carbs right before a contest in order for the muscles to appear full. Eating that much will make anyone bloated

body88

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 10:19:04 PM »
Those guts are from two things. GH/Insulin

I buy your argument tho. Only in certain instances mind you. Jay in 05 was bloated from the carb up. It can happen but they look more puffy all around.

but guys like Coleman, Kamali and Dorian in the latter stages were and are sporting legit organ growth.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 10:25:03 PM »
give me a fawking break. i know tons of natural guys who eat as much or more than these juiced pros and none of them has a gut. stupid Tamali. Clown.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 11:16:29 PM »
i think it has more to do with carbing up and eating too much.  not just eating too much before the show, but all the time.  if you eat alot all of the time, which is what the bigger guys do, it stretches out the stomach. 

also, there have been times, when the guts havent been as big as in the past.  if that was the result of gh use, the guts would be the same size all the time, but guys like dennis james, gustavo, ronnie, jay, dillet, and even fux have shown up with a smaller gut that in a past contest while being almost as big. 

also, guys like dexter, kevin, david henry, flex wheeler, gunter, all do their fare share of gh/insulin and dont have the guts.  maybe its genetic or maybe they dont each as much.

it could be the gh and insulin.  guys in the past didnt have the guts, but also guys werent as big on stage and in the offseason and werent eating as much.

besides, what in insulin would make the stomach to protude out?  insulin is mostly a transport hormone.  does it transport more nutrients into the stomach and make it stick out?  possibly. 

but then again, who knows.  check out fux in BFTO 99.  wow.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »
I suspect the big gut problem is related to legit organ growth from excessive Gh and also from the relatively large number of IGF-1 receptors in that part of the body. Throw in heavy eating, heavy power training, and heavy roid usage, and it likely makes it even more pronounced - but I believe that the catalyst is in the "Holy Trinity"  growth drug cocktail.

I tend to think that those pros who don't have the huge guts may not be using nearly as much Gh, insulin, or IGF-1 as the belly monsters, or that some of them may not even use one or more of the three at all. Some may also have less of a genetic predisposition to developing such a large gut.
Greed is good!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 08:40:25 AM »
i think it has more to do with carbing up and eating too much.  not just eating too much before the show, but all the time.  if you eat alot all of the time, which is what the bigger guys do, it stretches out the stomach. 

also, there have been times, when the guts havent been as big as in the past.  if that was the result of gh use, the guts would be the same size all the time, but guys like dennis james, gustavo, ronnie, jay, dillet, and even fux have shown up with a smaller gut that in a past contest while being almost as big. 

also, guys like dexter, kevin, david henry, flex wheeler, gunter, all do their fare share of gh/insulin and dont have the guts.  maybe its genetic or maybe they dont each as much.

it could be the gh and insulin.  guys in the past didnt have the guts, but also guys werent as big on stage and in the offseason and werent eating as much.

besides, what in insulin would make the stomach to protude out?  insulin is mostly a transport hormone.  does it transport more nutrients into the stomach and make it stick out?  possibly. 

but then again, who knows.  check out fux in BFTO 99.  wow.
I gotta go with this one. Look at older pictures of Ronnie and his tight midsection with the close abs. Now he's got that ugly big space between them and the concurrent increase in waist size. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining, and do not tell me these guts are from overeating.  ::)

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 09:11:18 AM »
Do you have any idea how much food these guys have to eat to be a lean 300?  Of course there will be some distention.  I think you guys need to read up on what distention truly is and how it's caused  before you say it's GH & insulin:

Abdomen - swollen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definition:
A swollen abdomen is marked by increased abdominal girth.

Alternative Names:
Swollen belly; Swelling in the abdomen; Abdominal distention; Distended abdomen 
Considerations:
Abdominal distention is a common condition, which usually results from over-eating, rather than from a serious illness. Simple weight gain, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), pregnancy, or the unconscious swallowing of air can also cause distention.

Abdominal distention is often caused by intestinal gas. This may result from eating fibrous foods such as fruits and vegetables. Legumes such as beans are common sources of intestinal gas. People who are lactose intolerant cannot properly digest dairy foods, and eating such foods may cause distention.

Abdominal distention may also occasionally result from the accumulation of fluid in the abdomen, which can be a sign of serious medical problems. There are usually other symptoms in this case.

Common Causes:
overeating
lactose intolerance
air swallowing (a nervous habit)
irritable bowel syndrome
partial bowel obstruction

Home Care:
Distention resulting from a heavy meal will go away when the food is digested. Eating in moderation will help prevent swelling.

For distention caused by swallowing air, awareness often leads to self-control. Eat slowly, avoid carbonated beverages, avoid chewing gum or sucking on candies, avoid drinking through a straw, or sipping the surface of a hot beverage.

For distention caused by malabsorption, try changing diets and reducing milk consumption. Consult your doctor.

For irritable bowel syndrome, increase dietary fiber, decrease emotional stress, and consult your doctor.

For distention resulting from other causes, follow prescribed therapy to treat the underlying cause.

Call your health care provider if:
Reasons to call your health care provider include the following:

Your abdominal girth is getting worse and unrelenting.
The swelling is accompanied by other unexplained symptoms.
Your abdomen is tender to the touch.

What to expect at your health care provider's office:
Your health care provider will obtain a medical history and perform a detailed examination.

Medical history questions documenting swollen abdomen in detail may include the following:

Time pattern
Did it begin recently?
Does it occur after meals or after specific foods?
What other symptoms are occurring at the same time? Especially, have you noticed:
Weight gain
Irritability
Absent menstrual period
Vomiting
Excessive fatigue
Excessive gas (flatus) or belching
Diarrhea
Diagnostic tests that may be performed include the following:
Abdominal CT scan
Abdominal ultrasound
Blood tests
Endoscopy
Esophagogastroduodenosco py (EGD)
Colonoscopy
Sigmoidoscopy
Laparoscopy
Paracentesis
Stool analysis
X-rays of the abdomen

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 09:49:02 AM »
fuck the cause of the distension.

it looks like shit and i don't want to see it.
no matter if it's from GH, insulin, eating or because Kamali or Ronnie are home shitters.

at least there are some pros who look good like Heath, Jones, Dugdale and a few others.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 10:00:49 AM »
i think the massive amount of food contribute to it as well... but the GH and slin gut is NOT a myth

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 11:09:12 AM »

Slin causes fat deposits in the abdomen under the muscle.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 11:09:25 AM »
In the recent Muscle Mag Int, KING K had an article on the 5 biggest myths in pro bodybuilding.
While I agree with him that genetics, diet and training are the majority reasons for success, I strongly disagree with his explanation for the distended belly. He claims it hs nothing to do with HGH/insulin abuse and is simpky due to eating a lot of food. Hmmmm, I know plenty of fat guys that eat but they look like Homer Simpson , big belly but lots of fat. A guy with very low fat and very ripped looking abs can't have huge gut unless "something" UN natural is going on ya know
Are you sure that's what he says? He has said insulin causes distention on his website.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2006, 11:14:56 AM »
Slin causes fat deposits in the abdomen under the muscle.
There must be a gh connection too, tho. Kovacs is an easy example to cite. His gut (esp. the obliques) have been deformed/widened to such a degree that it resembles that of a gorillas. It isn't human. Koamali's gut also taking on this shape as well, tho not to such a degree. Hideous.

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2006, 12:01:27 PM »
Then by Kamali's theory, all those tiny ladies and Japanese guys that kick ass in the food/hot-dog eating contests would have huge guts.  But they're TINY  :o

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2006, 12:10:21 PM »
No, in his case it's a recognized medical condition known as Palumboism.
Good point, GB. Sorry, I meant less the huge 'palumbo' portruding gut (although that is disturbing in itself), and more that the obliques seem to be ever-expanding outward like a tire or a raft. The low levels of bodyfat reveal this monstrosity nicely. Is it reversible? The huge gut seems to shrink when these guys go off the sauce...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2006, 03:25:48 PM »
It is because of IGF-1 and insulin, not GH.

johnnytosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 09:52:46 AM »
As you idiots get older, you will understand that King & Demilia & Palumbo are ALL correct when they cite FOOD as the main reason.  I eat far less food now at the age of 41, then when I was 21, and my waist is 10 inches larger NOW..  All you guys try to sound cool & 'In The Know" by saying
"It's the 'slin & the growth DUDE !"   These guys compete way heavier than ever & as they get older, they CANNOT reverse the growth that their insides have undergone. If you cant understand that, you are STOOOPID.. WHERE the HELL is all that food supposed to go ??  Dumb-Ass's

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 09:57:50 AM »
Do you have any idea how much food these guys have to eat to be a lean 300?  Of course there will be some distention.  I think you guys need to read up on what distention truly is and how it's caused  before you say it's GH & insulin:

Abdomen - swollen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definition:
A swollen abdomen is marked by increased abdominal girth.

Alternative Names:
Swollen belly; Swelling in the abdomen; Abdominal distention; Distended abdomen 
Considerations:
Abdominal distention is a common condition, which usually results from over-eating, rather than from a serious illness. Simple weight gain, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), pregnancy, or the unconscious swallowing of air can also cause distention.

Abdominal distention is often caused by intestinal gas. This may result from eating fibrous foods such as fruits and vegetables. Legumes such as beans are common sources of intestinal gas. People who are lactose intolerant cannot properly digest dairy foods, and eating such foods may cause distention.

Abdominal distention may also occasionally result from the accumulation of fluid in the abdomen, which can be a sign of serious medical problems. There are usually other symptoms in this case.

Common Causes:
overeating
lactose intolerance
air swallowing (a nervous habit)
irritable bowel syndrome
partial bowel obstruction

Home Care:
Distention resulting from a heavy meal will go away when the food is digested. Eating in moderation will help prevent swelling.

For distention caused by swallowing air, awareness often leads to self-control. Eat slowly, avoid carbonated beverages, avoid chewing gum or sucking on candies, avoid drinking through a straw, or sipping the surface of a hot beverage.

For distention caused by malabsorption, try changing diets and reducing milk consumption. Consult your doctor.

For irritable bowel syndrome, increase dietary fiber, decrease emotional stress, and consult your doctor.

For distention resulting from other causes, follow prescribed therapy to treat the underlying cause.

Call your health care provider if:
Reasons to call your health care provider include the following:

Your abdominal girth is getting worse and unrelenting.
The swelling is accompanied by other unexplained symptoms.
Your abdomen is tender to the touch.

What to expect at your health care provider's office:
Your health care provider will obtain a medical history and perform a detailed examination.

Medical history questions documenting swollen abdomen in detail may include the following:

Time pattern
Did it begin recently?
Does it occur after meals or after specific foods?
What other symptoms are occurring at the same time? Especially, have you noticed:
Weight gain
Irritability
Absent menstrual period
Vomiting
Excessive fatigue
Excessive gas (flatus) or belching
Diarrhea
Diagnostic tests that may be performed include the following:
Abdominal CT scan
Abdominal ultrasound
Blood tests
Endoscopy
Esophagogastroduodenosco py (EGD)
Colonoscopy
Sigmoidoscopy
Laparoscopy
Paracentesis
Stool analysis
X-rays of the abdomen

Thats for temporary distention.  Not permanent.  And of course they aren`t going to list GH and Insulin on there because normal,intelligent people don`t use shit like that.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 09:59:43 AM »
I also never have once seen a lifetime Natural bodybuilder diet down and have a distended gut.  EVER.

Cold is right,  I know many natural bodybuilders who have eaten more than Kamali on a consistent basis I am sure and when they diet down, their waste is tiny.

hahah I am one of them.   6000-10,000 calories a day!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 10:16:54 AM »
I also never have once seen a lifetime Natural bodybuilder diet down and have a distended gut.  EVER.

Cold is right,  I know many natural bodybuilders who have eaten more than Kamali on a consistent basis I am sure and when they diet down, their waste is tiny.

Good point , Dorian Yates offseason used to eat 6000 calories a day and he had a gut and when Labrada was on PBW he said it was due to insulin & GH so to say its just large ammounts of food is nonsense .

johnnytosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 11:59:38 AM »
1) There is no way that a natural BB who is 5'9" eats as much as a Juiced BB at 5'9", simply because the juiced BB will have 30-60 pounds more muscle  !!!  Muscle consumes 40 calories / pound every day. Therefore the juiced BB HAS TO eat 1200-2400 more calories / day-EVERY DAY-than the natural guy.
To say that a Natty eats as much as a juicer is absolutely ridiculous.

2) I said that food was the MAIN reason, not the ONLY reason. The drugs do have an effect, but FOOD is the main reason.  Arnold was 231 lbs in 1975 Olympia, 28 years old.  Coleman is around 285 at 5'11". If Coleman was 6'2" like Arnold, he would be weighing 315 pounds !!!  How much more food must Coleman eat EVERY F-----g Day to maintain that advantage at comparable bodyheights ?  2000-3000 calories ?  So if Arnold & Coleman stood onstage next to each other at the same height (6'2") whose waist would look larger ?   Then you must factor in that Coleman would be eating an extra 3000 cal / day for 13 ADDITIONAL YEARS !  Tell me-Where is all that food supposed to go so that it doesn't press against the abdominal wall & create distension ?   

(3000 extra calories) X (13 years) X (365 days) = 14,235,000 extra calories !!
Ronnie Coleman would have eaten 14 MILLION more calories than Arnold , and you IDIOTS wonder
why Colemans stomach sticks out further !!

You people literally have no clue as to what you are talking about...

3)  I shouldnt calling you people pinheads, well....Yes I should.  You are all out of your minds, and know nothing about the sport if you cant figure out the main reason is the food.

4) Lee Haney retired at 29 years old, Arnold at 28 !!  They kept their small waists because they retired young !!!  Look how bad Arnolds waist looked in that famous picture of him on the beach a couple years ago !!  Because he was OLDER !!  Accoring to your theories, ARnold must be using GH & "Slin (dawg), becasue his waist is so large !!  The reason is that Arnold has been eating food for 25 MORE YEARS since his Olympia Days, and JUST LIKE THE ROOTS of a TREE, His INSIDES have slowly been growing for the last 25 years, AMAZINGLY, wHile EATING LESS FOOD than when Arnold competed.   The older a man gets, the harder it is to keep the waist tight while eating the SAME amount of food !!  Yates had a little gut at 35 years old, Coleman does at 41. 

5) You all must be relatively younger guys (under 32) to not have figured out the age thing yet.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 12:12:02 PM »

right ::)

Unchained81

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 03:30:52 PM »
It is hillarious when a guy like Kamali comes with the "Superior Genetics" retoric.  There are pros with great genetics, Ronnie is a good example.  King on the other hand, probably could not approach 200 pounds at low bf levels naturally to save his life.  Some pros really don't have good genetics, they are all drugs, and these are the guys who never win.  Look at TP, while on he looks like a larger(not taller though) Bill Goldberg, when off he looks like a smaller Mick Jagger. 8)

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 03:39:12 PM »
Ever eat a big meal and find it hard to suck in your stomach?

Try eating 10 flapjacks and tell me you don't have a bloated stomach.

Kamali's theory is highly plausible.
"Shut the F up and train"