Author Topic: Bulk Nutrition sells out to Musclemaster  (Read 9925 times)

Insider X

• Getbig II
Bulk Nutrition sells out to Musclemaster
« on: July 03, 2006, 03:19:35 PM »

The promoter of the Charlotte Pro show has sold his business - Bulk Nutrition - which means that there will be no more bodybuilding or fitness shows anymore from Mike. How unfortunate - for he was an excellent promoter that rivaled some of the best in the way he dealt with the athletes and sponsors.

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
Re: Bulk Nutrition sells out to Musclemaster
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 03:20:45 PM »
Is Kevin still involved?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 03:21:13 PM »
The promoter of the Charlotte Pro show has sold his business - Bulk Nutrition - which means that there will be no more bodybuilding or fitness shows anymore from Mike. How unfortunate - for he was an excellent promoter that rivaled some of the best in the way he dealt with the athletes and sponsors.

Mike's writeup on the Charlotte Pro was one of the most honest and revealing of any promoters' that i've ever seen.  Good guy.  

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 03:54:32 PM »
Musclemaster is?
Motherboy (the band).

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 03:56:44 PM »
how come this wasn't on cnn's financial news?
Deep Tissue Massage

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 03:59:20 PM »
musclemaster.. what a name
its comin today

RAT MCBAT

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 05:45:07 PM »
they had a fire sale on their ephedra and generic superdrol stock. make sense now.
maybe mike will give us the good word. he has always been an honest bro.
forget what you know

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 05:49:52 PM »
Musclemaster is?

ONLNE STORE.  MUSCLEMASTER.COM.   MID LEVEL BUSINESS
A

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 05:51:21 PM »
ONLNE STORE.  MUSCLEMASTER.COM.   MID LEVEL BUSINESS

Mid-level with good funding.  I don't think Bulknutrition went too cheap.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 05:59:31 PM »
Wow, a mid level business?  Please, inform us all on how you came to this conclusion? 

I don't like the term "sells out", but I have been purchased.  I still have a hand in the operation of the business.  I put my entire life into this company, I couldn't just turn it over.  A rumor got started a few months ago that I was looking to get out of the industry, which is about 75% true.  I suffered from some pretty serious health issues at the start of the year.  Almost all due to stress.  My family is very important to me and I refuse to risk my health for money/greed.  The guys that are taking over my site are A+ guys.  I wouldn't have sold otherwise.  It will take about a week to get all the bugs worked out.  In the end it is best for everyone.  They can ship from two places, where I could only ship from one.  They will carry around 2000 more items than I currently have.  I will be in charge of the bulk powder aspect, which is what I really enjoy.  I look forward to massive expansion in that area.

As far as my future plans, it's pretty simple.  I'm going to take 3-4 months off from the industry.  I need it to clear my head, get my health back in order and regain my creative side.  I will always have a hand in this industry.  I love it too much.  I see so many area's where I can improve things.  I don't know what capacity I'll come back in, but I will be back. 

I appreciate the good words.  I've worked very hard to have a good reputation.  Hope this answers your questions.

Mike McCandless

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 06:06:02 PM »
Wow, a mid level business?  Please, inform us all on how you came to this conclusion? 

I don't like the term "sells out", but I have been purchased.  I still have a hand in the operation of the business.  I put my entire life into this company, I couldn't just turn it over.  A rumor got started a few months ago that I was looking to get out of the industry, which is about 75% true.  I suffered from some pretty serious health issues at the start of the year.  Almost all due to stress.  My family is very important to me and I refuse to risk my health for money/greed.  The guys that are taking over my site are A+ guys.  I wouldn't have sold otherwise.  It will take about a week to get all the bugs worked out.  In the end it is best for everyone.  They can ship from two places, where I could only ship from one.  They will carry around 2000 more items than I currently have.  I will be in charge of the bulk powder aspect, which is what I really enjoy.  I look forward to massive expansion in that area.

As far as my future plans, it's pretty simple.  I'm going to take 3-4 months off from the industry.  I need it to clear my head, get my health back in order and regain my creative side.  I will always have a hand in this industry.  I love it to much.  I see so many area's where I can improve things.  I don't know what capacity I'll come back in, but I will be back. 

I appreciate the good words.  I've worked very hard to have a good reputation.  Hope this answers your questions.

Mike McCandless

I'm sorry if I didn't clarify.  When I say Mid-Level, I mean above smaller companies like mine and slight below major companies like DPS or BB.com.  I haven't checked out Musclemaster.com lately but obviously they've grown to the point to where they are ready to go up against DPS and BB.com.

Just to let you know, you ran a great business and a great pro show.  I take my hat off to you.  I really mean that.  If I didn't run my own online store, I'd get a lot of my stuff from you
A

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 06:16:28 PM »

Mike, you have always been an A+ guy! Thanks for making the bodybuilding world a little better! My favorite picture of you is with those 4 girls at the booth!

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 06:19:10 PM »
Mike, you have always been an A+ guy! Thanks for making the bodybuilding world a little better! My favorite picture of you is with those 4 girls at the booth!

Where is that pic?
Motherboy (the band).

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 07:01:48 PM »

mmmmm 4 girls   reminds me of college  lol

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 07:27:29 PM »
haha, I'm not one for pictures.  I hate taking pictures.  I learned quickly that in this industry it wasn't good to be known as "The Kid".  Few knew how young I was when dealing with me.  Then being a runner by nature and not a big guy, just made it that much worse.  I quickly learned to blend in at trade shows.  I'd often dress way down, never wear a name tag and just stay low. :)

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 08:18:12 PM »
i've been a bulk nutrition customer for years. i like the way they run their business.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 11:02:28 PM »

All the best, Mike, and congratulations on the buy-out. 

I certainly wish you the best as you get your health back in order...that has to be #1.

That said, I'm going to miss seeing the Bulk Nutrition semi at all the major shows.  *sigh*

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 03:01:13 PM »
You never know when the Semi will show up again.  As stated, I'm still active in the company.  I just had to take the day to day stuff off of me.  I appreciate the emails I've been getting.  It means a lot.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 03:22:35 PM »
musclemaster.. what a name

you forgot "oh brother"
Z

RAT MCBAT

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 03:29:30 PM »
Is Nick Chunias a millionaire?

???
has he gotten any more letters from the FDA? ;D
forget what you know

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 04:19:49 PM »
Why do you care Matt C?

The FDA deal was a joke for those that knew the real story about it.