Author Topic: Sylvester Stallone: Stronger Amino Acids and Toast bread with Coffee will do!  (Read 29011 times)

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
"Did all of his own singing in Rhinestone (1984)."

yeah buddy!

that had to be his worst movie, it was painful to watch.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
"In 1988 he was offered 4 million dollars to do an advert for an American beer commercial under the condition that he cut his hair; when he refused they offered a further 1 million dollars to go to the barber - he still refused."

wow, I did not know this...do you know which beer?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Death Race 2000 (1975)    $1,000/week

Judge Dredd (1995)    $20,000,000

Cop Land (1997)    $60,000

Get Carter (2000)    $20,000,000

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
that had to be his worst movie, it was painful to watch.

yeah but still, he sings too  ;)
Z

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
"Did all of his own singing in Rhinestone (1984)."

yeah buddy!

You win, Bluto. I give. I'd totally forgotten this gem. I've been trumped.  :)

/Let's not overlook Stop! or My Mom will Shoot, tho. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
wow, I did not know this...do you know which beer?

don't know sorry
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
You win, Bluto. I give. I'd totally forgotten this gem. I've been trumped.  :)

/Let's not overlook Stop! or My Mom will Shoot, tho. 

yeah he's done a bunch of bad films, but so has arnold and pretty much everybody else, both actors and directors...
Z

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
exactly, why do people focus on his failures? he has been extremely successful overall and that is what matters.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
also the question is, who would've done it better? who would've been a better rocky, a better rambo? even if al pacino is considered a better actor, he wouldn't have nailed the role as john rambo in first blood  ;D
Z

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
This is a fabulous Stallone groupie/guy thread. Continue on gays guys.. :D

why do people focus on his failures? he has been extremely successful overall and that is what matters.
Something called balance-to counteract sicophants like you. hahahahhaahahah

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
exactly, why do people focus on his failures? he has been extremely successful overall and that is what matters.
Ah sorry, I think you've got me wrong here. Not focusing on them, just wondering why he has so many of them when he seems to be so smart (and by smart I truly mean 'intelligent') compared to a lot of Hollywood idiots who seem to go from hit to hit. Always puzzled me. Conversely, Bruce Willis is a good example of someone who always seems to be in a movie that is commecially successful and/or critically successful.   

pumpster

• Getbig V
Not focusing on them, just wondering why he has so many of them when he seems to be so smart

What leads you to think he's smart? He had two hits out of all the movies, and sucked as a director/producer. Willis is both more talented and appears smarter. FYI all those new projects he's doing now are generally due to the fact that no one's interested in his movies; he can't sell tickets.

In recent times, as in the last decade at least, all Stallone's known for is being suckered into paying big money for bad art and his preference for Cleveland Steamers. :-X

Mike

• Getbig IV
I think it's weird that he feels the need to drastically lose/put on weight in order to play a role.  I give the guy credit though, he has a different physique in nearly every film (Rocky to Copland).

pumpster

• Getbig V
I think it's weird that he feels the need to drastically lose/put on weight in order to play a role.

Losing the weight is his way of convincing himself that he's true to his acting "craft". ;D He remembered Deniro doing it and thought he should do it too.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Losing the weight is his way of convincing himself that he's keeping it real as a genuine practicioner of serious acting.  ;D He remembered Deniro doing it and thought he should do it to.
Hey, I thought it was Danny Thomas who like people to shit on his coffee table while he watched?  ???

pumpster

• Getbig V
I thought it was Danny Thomas who like people to shit on his coffee table while he watched?

Maybe they're friends and it's catching on..hahahahahahahha

Indeed, Sly's a "serious" actor devoted to his craft..LOL

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
you're all just jelaous because Sly didn't have to juice to get this big!

15 times stronger amino acids are the best!

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
Dude the guy has a lot of free time, is superficial and spends a lot of time, money and probably drugs to try to look good so I don't find this profound. Also never found his physique special at any time-clearly not the look of a true athlete but rather someone who's been worked-on.

Obviously a huge fan; sounds like he's in love. I don't see anything amazing about his persona. He got suckered into buying high-priced art more than a decade ago because he's not quick like Schwarzenegger. The woman issue's just more of the same. He's an ordinary guy who was the one-in-a-million. If he'd had real talent he would've had a string of different movies and productions rather than just Rocky/Rambo re-hashes.

I don't remember any other action star winning an OSCAR for best screenplay (or getting a nomination for best actor at the same time).  Clearly Stallone stands out, talent-wise, as far as action hereos are concerned.  As far as him not having that great of a physique, I'd rank it right up there with any ACTOR that has ever been on film.  Yes, that's right, he's not a bodybuilder, but an ACTOR, and that's what makes it impressive.  And right now, I'd say he's at the top of the world.  He's in better shape than 90% of all other 60 year olds in the world, he's got a successful supplement company, magazine, and book all in circulation, not to mention THE CONTENDER got picked up for a second season by ESPN.  He must be doing something right.

pumpster

• Getbig V
I don't remember any other action star winning an OSCAR for best screenplay (or getting a nomination for best actor at the same time).  Clearly Stallone stands out, talent-wise, as far as action hereos are concerned.

He stands out to the diminishing few Stallone maniacs. He's a dime-a-dozen as an action star for the rest, based on lack of longevity and the fact he's not been able to sell tickets for 1-2 decades. Does not stand out whatsoever re: talent on or off the screen.

To repeat again what you don't comprehend: with 30 years of easy living, leisure, money, lack of stress, good nutrition and workouts behind him, the surprise would be *not* looking good at 60. Seriously.

And 60's not even old now anyway.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
This is a fabulous Stallone groupie/guy thread. Continue on gays guys.. :D

Something called balance-to counteract sicophants like you. hahahahhaahahah

who's better? and who would've done the roles more justice?
you think arnold would've been a better rocky? he would've played the part of ivan drago
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
He stands out to you-one who relates to him like a maniac. He's a dime-a-dozen as an action star for the rest, based on lack of longevity and the fact he can no longer sell tickets. Does not stand out whatsoever re: talent on or off the screen.

To repeat again what you don't comprehend: with 30 years of easy living, leisure, money and workouts behind him, the surprise would be *not* looking good at 60. Seriously. And 60's not even old now anyway.

who looks better? what other action star with that kinda career sells more tickets?
who are you comparing to? nobody it seems.
Z

pumpster

• Getbig V
Who cares about Rocky, from 30 years ago except Stallone-maniacs?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
What leads you to think he's smart? He had two hits out of all the movies, and sucked as a director/producer. Willis is both more talented and appears smarter. FYI all those new projects he's doing now are generally due to the fact that no one's interested in his movies; he can't sell tickets.

In recent times, as in the last decade at least, all Stallone's known for is being suckered into paying big money for bad art and his preference for Cleveland Steamers. :-X

2 hits? have you any idea what kinda money his movies brought in?
Z

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Pumpster,

It seems to me that you have something personal against Stallone.  What is your deal?  Also, if any of you have the chance, go out and rent, "STOP! OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT"  It's out on DVD and its a hell of a flick.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
he wants to turn this thread into another ronnie vs dorian, but we have yet to find out who his candidate is that would rival stallone...
Z