Author Topic: Glutamine and Arginine  (Read 2469 times)

mjs383

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Glutamine and Arginine
« on: July 07, 2006, 05:23:25 AM »
Does it matter what kind I get or is it all the same... I know GNC sucks but they have two brands... one in the vitamin section and one in the "lifting" section. Also, do you think these two supplements are def. worth it? Thanks.

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
Re: Glutamine and Arginine
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 09:01:42 PM »
Glutamine - No. The only evidence it does anything for you was shown in studies where patients received glutamine via an IV, and were in a severe state of immuno/caloric deficiency.

Arginine - So, so. Taken before your workout it might help with a pump but I believe free form arginine is difficult for the body to use completely, and at high enough doses you have to worry about additional oxidation. I've used 3 grams pre workout occasionally and I see a minor improvement vs the days I don't. Not enough to buy it on a regular basis.

bigjay80

• Getbig II
  • Street Muscle
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 08:51:06 AM »
Glutamine-  MHP's Glutamine-SR is a great product, I don't feel as sore after training.

Arginine- Anything in powder form, maybe take it with folate (folic acid).

D-Jay

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 10:14:29 AM »
Does it matter what kind I get or is it all the same... I know GNC sucks but they have two brands... one in the vitamin section and one in the "lifting" section. Also, do you think these two supplements are def. worth it? Thanks.

The GNC products in the vitamin section and the sports section are the same exact thing.  Look at the labels....they are just bottled in different colors.   All GNC branded product comes from Pittsburgh.

Do I think they are worth it??  Purely my opinion....but I haven't noticed any significant difference by using either one.  Other's may have better experiences.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 01:32:38 AM »

Hi mjs383,
As far as the arginine goes, it DEFINITELY make a difference in the kind you get.

Not all arginine's are created equal. If it comes in pill or tablet form, don't even bother, you'll just be wasting your money. It is impossible to get enough of the product into a pill or tablet and still have it be effective. The tablet would have to be the size of a waterglass which I doubt very few people could swallow (and certainly wouldn't want to admit it if they could)   :P

In addition to being ineffective, there are also severe side-effects associated with the oral ingestion of arginine. Most arginine products on the market have been thrown together in the past few years by companies without an understanding of arginine bio-chemistry, and these can pose a severe health risks to users.

There is one arginine product, that has been proven safer to use, that I both use & recommend called ProArgi-9.

ProArgi-9 is the ONLY arginine formulation that has been proven to be both safe AND effective. It has been tested on over 250,000 people and is the only arginine formula with a safe history of use. It's also the world's only "Great Tasting" arginine available in Pina Colada & Mixed Berry flavours. (My recommendation would be the Pina Colada)

ProArgi-9 is a product backed by 20+ years of research, and was developed by Dr. Ann deWees Allen, <--clickable link the world's foremost authority on arginine. Her formulation has been approved by both the FDA & the FTC to make 15 claims <--clickable link. No other arginine on the market can legally make those claims.

For a better understanding of ProArgi-9, feel free to visit http://www.jaguarenterprises.org/ProArgi9_info.htm <--clickable link to read some FAQ's about it, ...or you can visit http://www.jaguarenterprises.org/products.htm <--clickable link, and scroll down to come to an 8 minute interview with Dr. Allen explaining this product.

Feel free to click here to purchase ProArgi-9, <--clickable link

Other links that might prove helpful include:

Apparently as of May 16, 2006, all the arginine's have been pulled from the shelves in Canada.
The only one that has not been affected by this advisory is the ProArgi-9 brand.

Hope That Helps,

w

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 06:11:06 PM »
The only effect I see with glutamine is that it makes me sleep less. If I know in advance that I have to get up early I take a swig of 20 grams of the shit before bedtime and I all I need is like 5 hours of sleep. It works like a charm.