Author Topic: Choice vs. Circumstance  (Read 3518 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Choice vs. Circumstance
« on: July 12, 2006, 06:07:10 PM »
so are you guys natural becuase you are anti-steroids or becuase you just can't find any?

myself, I don't juice because of my circumstances. I feel I have a couple more years of foundation work to do. Not to mention, my current situation requires me to be able to pass a drug test.

believe me though - once I get the chance, I'll be juiced to the gills  ;D

Max

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
Re: Choice vs. Circumstance
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 01:39:39 AM »
Choice.
I know guy's who do.  But i also know guys who don't. 
I think alot has to do who you are exposed to.  I was fortunate to meet alot of top natural early on so i realised that alot of the "you can't build a decent physique naturally" stuff was a load of crap.  It's just alot harder.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »
I would if I knew how safe it 'could' be and if you are 100% healthy after discontinued use....and money is an issue!

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 06:52:15 PM »
I really don't see much point in using steriods unless you want to compete at the PRO level.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 05:58:24 PM »
In my case I don't want to use for a host of reasons.
1) I don't care about being huge per say, I'm happy being strong and big.
2) I don't want to compromise my health.
3) I like seeing how far my body can go without drugs.
4) I don't compete any more.
5) Coming off steriods cycles can be a mutha.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 02:09:14 AM »
so are you guys natural becuase you are anti-steroids or becuase you just can't find any?

myself, I don't juice because of my circumstances. I feel I have a couple more years of foundation work to do. Not to mention, my current situation requires me to be able to pass a drug test.

believe me though - once I get the chance, I'll be juiced to the gills  ;D

I don't need them and have accomplished virtually all of my physique goals to date without them. The better you do without anabolics, the less likely you are to use them.

Plus, all the times I've considered using steroids were during plateaus, all of which I've overcome by trying a new supplement or two, tweaking my training, and MOST IMPORTANTLY modifying my diet. When I couldn't grow on 4000 calories, I went to 5000; I started growing again.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 02:40:48 AM »
i used steroids until i just didn't care about competing anymore

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 08:33:27 AM »
I don't cause it just doesn't make any sense, short term gain for a long term sacrefice!
I want to still be built when I'm 90, being big for a decade or so, then fading away when I crash isn't a very good trade off if u ask me! Plus one of my best friends did roids and he had manic depression and ended up in a padded cell, at that point let's just say he wasn't too worried about how big he was anymore!
P

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 12:45:01 PM »
I choose not to do drugs for several reasons.
1: I am a High Scool teacher/coach. It would be hypocritical of me to tell kids not to do drugs when I'm juiced to the gills myself. I have to be an example.
2: I don't want to compromise my health. I have a wife and two sons to think about.
3:I don't want to get arrested for drug posession, I have a wife and two sons to think about.
4: I am having pretty good success at the national level in the NPC without them. I have placed top 5 in three national level shows.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 05:38:18 PM »
I choose not to do drugs for several reasons.
1: I am a High Scool teacher/coach. It would be hypocritical of me to tell kids not to do drugs when I'm juiced to the gills myself. I have to be an example.
2: I don't want to compromise my health. I have a wife and two sons to think about.
3:I don't want to get arrested for drug posession, I have a wife and two sons to think about.
4: I am having pretty good success at the national level in the NPC without them. I have placed top 5 in three national level shows.

I give you lots of credit for not competing in natural competitions only.

Dunno why, just seems cool that you don't give a fcuk about the others, and gets in shape and competes wherever.

Good job mang, an inspiration definitely.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 06:32:08 AM »
I would take them if they werent bad for your health and the gains didnt melt away when off.
It hasn't helped...

dovidov

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 08:35:21 PM »
choice- i've been training for 10 yrs- i've seen countless of guys blow up very quickly and push around impressive weight- then, all of a sudden, i dont see them for a few months- when i do see them i swear they look as though they have aids or have been in an accident and laid up wasting away in the bed - or maybe strung out on a long coke binge- these idiots have collectively totally turned me off so far- maybe one day i'll give em a chance- i'm 31, strong as a bull, and look pretty damn good for never using- its never too hard to score if i wanted to- so far , though, i have'nt had to- but, who knows what the future will hold!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 04:35:44 AM »
both.

when I was 19 I was getting ready for the junior michigan.  Everything was going great guns, I was working out at a gym with a few nationally ranked guys both in powerlifting and in BB.  Everyone was telling me I was gonna do great.  I decided that if I did well I might do a cycle and step it up to a bigger show but I wasn't sure, I'm a pretty clean guy as far as recreational drugs and booze goes.  About 6 weeks out I got nailed with a form of airborn hepatitus, destroyed my liver and my spleen.  I was in the hospital for 8 days and on bed rest for about 4 months.  I went from 168lbs down to 124.

By the time I got back into it I just figured it wasn't worth it, my appetite didn't really come back for about 3 years, I hardly ever was hungry and I had to get bloodwork done for years after that to make sure my liver was functioning right.  I still don't drink alot to this day and I don't do alot of things I could, it's just not worth it at this point.
nasser=piece of shit