Author Topic: Just bought 7lbs of Buffalo meat today!  (Read 6956 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: Just bought 7lbs of Buffalo meat today!
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2006, 05:08:20 PM »
How does it taste/compared to beef?

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2006, 06:25:08 PM »
How does it taste/compared to beef?

Always tender and much more flavor then beef when eaten plain :)
I

younggunz

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2006, 08:48:17 PM »
when i stay at our other house in montana, i get that shit fresh from a farm 15mins away, i get awsome meat packages for like 50bucks!! that stuff is great!!! Wish we had more of it in Cali

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2006, 08:51:24 PM »
i get awsome meat packages for like 50bucks!! that stuff is great!!! Wish we had more of it in Cali

wow, that sounds so bad...

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2006, 09:29:09 PM »
6$ a pound is expensive--------f*ck that---I buy shopping carts full of chicken breasts when its 1.99$ a pound and freeze that sh*t

ground turkey breast isn't bad either----regular turkey burgers are full of mad fat---but the ground turkey breast has 1 gram of fat for every 28grams of protein and u can get that sometimes for 3$ a pound
Its a good change of pace just stirfry it in a little olive oil with broccolli, red peppers, onions and mix it with ur brown rice and its a fast and easy meal

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2006, 09:17:23 AM »
6$ a pound is expensive--------f*ck that---I buy shopping carts full of chicken breasts when its 1.99$ a pound and freeze that sh*t

ground turkey breast isn't bad either----regular turkey burgers are full of mad fat---but the ground turkey breast has 1 gram of fat for every 28grams of protein and u can get that sometimes for 3$ a pound
Its a good change of pace just stirfry it in a little olive oil with broccolli, red peppers, onions and mix it with ur brown rice and its a fast and easy meal

Yes, you can get chicken much cheaper but sometimes you need something to break up the monotony of eating the same food.  Right now I eat tuna for lunch and salmon or chicken for dinner 5 days a week.  However on the weekends is my cheat days but I don't cheat in the matter of pizza and hot-dogs.  Instead I get exotic meat like Buffalo which is very tasty and lean or Lobster Tails and shrimp and steam it. 

If you eat the same stuff everyday, you will have a tough time staying on a diet.  Mix it up
A

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2006, 10:09:38 AM »
Ostridge meat is awesome too. Hard to fine. 8) 8) 8) ;D

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2006, 10:35:49 AM »

Yes, you can get chicken much cheaper but sometimes you need something to break up the monotony of eating the same food.  Right now I eat tuna for lunch and salmon or chicken for dinner 5 days a week.  However on the weekends is my cheat days but I don't cheat in the matter of pizza and hot-dogs.  Instead I get exotic meat like Buffalo which is very tasty and lean or Lobster Tails and shrimp and steam it. 

If you eat the same stuff everyday, you will have a tough time staying on a diet.  Mix it up

Another Vince "What not to do" alert.
Motherboy (the band).

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2006, 11:05:19 AM »
Damn,

$5-$6 a lb, damn thats alot. I get it from my local butcher here in Tampa Fl at about $3 a lb. Very lean steaks....cooks very quick due to lack of fat

Ostridge meat is awesome too. Hard to fine.

how do you cook it ?

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2006, 01:57:41 PM »
I just stick to Horse Meat
about 2.60 a pound (in Canada) and it's kick ass
Beef tastes like crap now if i go back to it. Trust me, Horse is the way to go. Lean, cheap, lots of iron and you can find it almost anywhere!

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2006, 03:01:36 PM »
I've been buying buffalo meat from buffalogal.com. For $100-120 bucks you get a whole cooler full of various cuts. 10-1lb packs of groun buffalo, 8-10 buffalo burgers, buffalo hot dogs(DELICIOUS and almost no fat), NY sirloins, top rounds, breakfast sausage, etc. Comes comes in dry ice, mailed to your door. The meat is 100 times better tasting that beef. Cooks in half the time too. Have to be careful first time cooking it. Due to almost no fat, it cooks in minutes. I marinate the buffalo steaks just like I would beef or chicken. I certainly recommend everyone try buffalo. You won't be disappointed. Elk is also good and can get that at buffalogal.com, northstarbison.com, etc. There are numerous sites. Just surf the net.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2006, 03:23:01 PM »
The meat is 100 times better tasting that beef. Cooks in half the time too. Have to be careful first time cooking it. Due to almost no fat, it cooks in minutes. I marinate the buffalo steaks just like I would beef or chicken. I certainly recommend everyone try buffalo. You won't be disappointed.

I am eating two 6oz buffalo steaks right now and it's great 8)

I

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2006, 03:43:54 PM »
I feed my gf several pounds of meat daily.