Author Topic: Just bought 7lbs of Buffalo meat today!  (Read 6987 times)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Just bought 7lbs of Buffalo meat today!
« on: July 13, 2006, 07:38:43 PM »
Buffalo meat is the shit :o  I bought ground meat, steaks, they are delicous and high protein (stakes are very lean). It was only $6 a pound (it's never in the were I live either) so I got it instead of chicken breast, normal ground beef or stakes, now i know why some of the pros are eating this instead of regular red meat, it taste great. I plan to eat almost all over the next 2-3 days.
I

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Just bought 7lbs of Buffalo meat today!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 07:47:16 PM »
yeah that's some good stuff.
Z

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 07:54:28 PM »
So where did you buy it at??

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 07:55:21 PM »
I once bought a quarter of a cow.  Greatest deal ever.  I had the fattier roasts ground with leaner meat so all the ground beef ws about 95% lean.  Plus there were tons of steaks of different sorts.  About 200 pounds total for like $390 bucks...
Motherboy (the band).

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 07:59:08 PM »
Buffalo meat is the shit :o  I bought ground meat, steaks, they are delicous and high protein (stakes are very lean). It was only $6 a pound (it's never in the were I live either) so I got it instead of chicken breast, normal ground beef or stakes, now i know why some of the pros are eating this instead of regular red meat, it taste great. I plan to eat almost all over the next 2-3 days.
they just started getting it at publix(grocery store) around here and its  the ground 90/10. 5-6 per pound. natural maverick ranch. never fed animal products. good stuff.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 08:02:35 PM »
I once bought a quarter of a cow.  Greatest deal ever.  I had the fattier roasts ground with leaner meat so all the ground beef ws about 95% lean.  Plus there were tons of steaks of different sorts.  About 200 pounds total for like $390 bucks...

I never thought to do anything like that........ how would you go about doing that?

they just started getting it at publix(grocery store) around here and its  the ground 90/10. 5-6 per pound. natural maverick ranch. never fed animal products. good stuff.

Yeah i got it at Super Fresh which doesn't have the biggest selection to begin with but when i saw Buffalo meat i bought all that was left........ Just like the kinda meat you metioned, all natural high quality stuff and worth the money :)
I

body88

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 08:04:23 PM »
They do not have a publix I know of in the Boston area. Any idea where I could get some of this stuff? Is it really that good?

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 08:07:55 PM »
They do not have a publix I know of in the Boston area. Any idea where I could get some of this stuff? Is it really that good?
publix is a florida grocery store and there is one down the street from me so that is where i go.
search it and look for "maverick ranch"

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 08:09:44 PM »
I never thought to do anything like that........ how would you go about doing that?

Not certain where you live (if cows are raised near by) but talk with a local butcher shop about this to start - a mom and pop style one.  Else, look in the phone book and call a farmer or two if you can...

The money I saved on all the T-Bones alone was huge!
Motherboy (the band).

body88

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 08:10:57 PM »
publix is a florida grocery store and there is one down the street from me so that is where i go.
search it and look for "maverick ranch"

Thanks

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 08:11:19 PM »
I bought Great Range Brand, it's an all natural meat company from denver.
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 08:16:19 PM »
Not certain where you live (if cows are raised near by) but talk with a local butcher shop about this to start - a mom and pop style one.  Else, look in the phone book and call a farmer or two if you can...

The money I saved on all the T-Bones alone was huge!

Where i live the farms are disapearing (south east pa) but i live next to a pretty big one which is also a historic site (mall across the street from my house and farm within a golf drive). I would probably have to go to a butcher, what would i want to ask him for?
I

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 08:34:36 PM »
Where i live the farms are disapearing (south east pa) but i live next to a pretty big one which is also a historic site (mall across the street from my house and farm within a golf drive). I would probably have to go to a butcher, what would i want to ask him for?

Yeah, you'll drive - so call around (I drove 2+ hours each way to pick it up)...

Anyway, you will want organic (hormone free) raised cattle - Black angus would be nice, but may cost a little more, I would get it if the option is there.  Explain that you want it lean and the fattier roasts ground up and made into lean burger (you will want all your burger at 95% lean or so). 

Also tell them how you want it packaged.  I had 1/2 of my burger put in 1 pound packages and the other half in 1.5 lb packages.  I also had all steaks put in two packs, the round steaks tenderized (should be no extra cost here), and roasts put into 2-2.5 lb packages.  The packaging should be good for 1 year so don't worry about that.

All in all, mom and pop meat shops are best because they are closer to the farmers and will be honest about costs, where to go if they can't do it, etc.  Believe it or not, there are probably more butchers than you think out there.  The "city" where I bought mine had about 800 people - and I lived in a city of 3 million at the time with plenty of meat shops around.
Motherboy (the band).

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 08:36:01 PM »
I might add that I have moved - so if anybody knows of a good place to get 1/4 or 1/2 cow in WI, IL, MN or IA please PM me.  Thx.
Motherboy (the band).

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 08:39:09 AM »
Good flavor & protein w/ lower fat than beef.

Enjoy some monster dumps in the next few days; get some economy-sized air-freshener..hahahahahah

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 09:39:57 AM »
Damn,

$5-$6 a lb, damn thats alot. I get it from my local butcher here in Tampa Fl at about $3 a lb. Very lean steaks....cooks very quick due to lack of fat

Ostridge meat is awesome too. Hard to fine.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 11:24:37 AM »
Buffalo burgers are great.  There is a restaurant on Kauai that sells only buffalo meat.  They raise buffalo here in Hawaii.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 11:51:34 AM »
Riby Tuesdays offer Buffalo burgers....very lean!  :-*

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 11:54:42 AM »
www.northstarbison.com is where fufill all my meat needs(all grass fed, pesticide and chemical fertalizer free). I just ate some raw bison liver and later today I will eat some raw chuck roast.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 11:56:32 AM »
Monster Hunting by White Man.

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 12:04:21 PM »
Monster Hunting by White Man.
LOL..... :)

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 12:41:31 PM »
who cares what you bought
$

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 01:34:03 PM »
Riby Tuesdays offer Buffalo burgers....very lean!  :-*

I didn't know that...

Fuddruckers does as well.
I Love The True Adon

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 01:39:54 PM »
www.northstarbison.com is where fufill all my meat needs(all grass fed, pesticide and chemical fertalizer free). I just ate some raw bison liver and later today I will eat some raw chuck roast.

Too expensive.  I'll take organic beef for 2 bucks a pound...
Motherboy (the band).

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 04:56:57 PM »
yeah im getting it cheaper at the butcher but if needed ill hit the market.