Author Topic: Where do you shop for Groceries  (Read 1542 times)

Bast175

Where do you shop for Groceries
« on: July 14, 2006, 02:01:44 PM »
I go to ACME, but going more and more to 'ALDI,' this small store with mostly generic products that offer epic savings.

for example, I bought 2.5lb bags of chicken breast for $4.99 each.   It's 8.99 a bag at other stores.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Where do you shop for Groceries
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 02:52:39 PM »
I go to ACME, but going more and more to 'ALDI,' this small store with mostly generic products that offer epic savings.

for example, I bought 2.5lb bags of chicken breast for $4.99 each.   It's 8.99 a bag at other stores.

I don't like YOU, but I dig that store. They make you bag your own shit, but everythings like half price. ;D
E

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 03:05:24 PM »
Kroger.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 05:29:41 PM »

Dude, you wont believe this.

WEGMANS has had Skineless boneless chicken breast, for $1.79lb! Recently it went up to $1.89, still awesome. Ive been going through $11 packs(About 6lbs) a week! Thats not counting the fish and beef I eat a week too.

Anyhow check it out, if there is a Wegmans by you.

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 02:39:50 AM »
       I live in Columbus, Ohio, and am very close to a Kroger, Giant Eagle, and a Meijer.

About once a month, Giant Eagle will have their 3lb bags of chicken breasts on sale for $5.97, which is the same as you get at Aldi.  Meijer will have buy one, get one free weeks on their 4lb bags, so you get 8lbs of chicken breast for $12.99. This is a really good deal.

Kroger seems to have better specials on steak, and more often then the other 2 places. Plus, they always seem to have powdered Poweraid for $2.99. I use 3 scoops for each post-workout shake and get about 11 servings per jug.