Author Topic: Barry Bonds getting federal indictment for steroids  (Read 4325 times)

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
Barry Bonds getting federal indictment for steroids
« on: July 14, 2006, 04:52:36 PM »
Bonds legal team is preparing him for a federal indictment that is to come in next couple days. Charges are perjury where he stated under oath that he never knowingly used steroids.... also another charge of tax evasion
ah yeah Im a voodo child

whitewidow

Re: Barry Bonds getting federal indictment for steroids
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 07:46:48 PM »
they should just leave these dudes alone- everybody already knows they are all juicers.im speaking of bonds,giambi,mcguire,palmeiro,canseco/ all big juicers-its been known for a long time- canseco was accused of steroids since late 80's same with mcguire-

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 07:50:25 PM »
they should just leave these dudes alone- everybody already knows they are all juicers.im speaking of bonds,giambi,mcguire,palmeiro,canseco/ all big juicers-its been known for a long time- canseco was accused of steroids since late 80's same with mcguire-

well, they proly wouldnt have stuck bonds but tax evasion put him under added surveillance and scrutiny.... they should just leave them alone though..... these said steroid users are what has kept baseball from dying.... It damn near died out in the 80's because it was so damn boring but the onslaught of steroid layden homerun sluggers gave it new life..... thus bringing it to where it is today
ah yeah Im a voodo child

whitewidow

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 09:22:28 PM »
what the hell is he doing not paying taxes -hes not a drug dealer - hes a goddamn baseball player - No reason to avoid paying taxes- he has all the money in the world.
As for the juice- major league baseball knew about it for awhile but since ticket sales were up they let it fly- there was no drug testing till recently- I do not see why their should be either its entertainment- its not like the olympics or anything. 

coolioni

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 09:26:54 PM »
I think it is B.S. , so many ball players are on juice it is ridiculous.
I would have to say in the NFL 50-75% of the lineman are on it. And in baseball about half the guys are on it too.
Just look at their forearm veins.
Bonds needs to get on some anti estero's , his face has been bloated for years now.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 04:26:18 AM »
what the hell is he doing not paying taxes -hes not a drug dealer - hes a goddamn baseball player - No reason to avoid paying taxes- he has all the money in the world.
As for the juice- major league baseball knew about it for awhile but since ticket sales were up they let it fly- there was no drug testing till recently- I do not see why their should be either its entertainment- its not like the olympics or anything. 

here is their scapegoat: they are worried about thge kids who look up to the athletes as role models..... But really it boils down to money, and the fact thatt the autorities are human tooo and they are power hungry... They get bored and basically roam around the country fucking with people. They pick and choose too. They overlook plenty of shit and then get bored and just start fucking with whoever they want to
ah yeah Im a voodo child

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 08:23:27 AM »
Let's be clear about this--he may be indicted for LYING under oath, but not for steroids.  Big difference.  The tax evasion thing most likely arises out of getting paid for autographs and pics and not reporting the income.  Every pro athlete does it.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 08:44:41 AM »
Let's be clear about this--he may be indicted for LYING under oath, but not for steroids.  Big difference.  The tax evasion thing most likely arises out of getting paid for autographs and pics and not reporting the income.  Every pro athlete does it.

dude.... the whole thing is about steroids.... he was under oath lying about using them.... whatever be the case, Bonds would have never come under the spotlight had he not been facing steroid allegations amid his record breaking homerun seasons.
ah yeah Im a voodo child

coolioni

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 11:49:59 AM »
Actually to me me, I really don't care.
I feel bad for barry being singled out, when there are 1000's of pro athletes juicing.
I don't think the general public actually knows this, nor do they even want to.
We look at our sports stars as superheros!
They are nothing else but human beings just like all of us, but happen to play their sport exceptionally well.
And the roids take them even to the next level.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 11:56:27 AM »

dude.... the whole thing is about steroids.... he was under oath lying about using them.... whatever be the case, Bonds would have never come under the spotlight had he not been facing steroid allegations amid his record breaking homerun seasons.

If he would have admitted to using, he would not be facing an indictment.  Its the lie not the drugs.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 12:06:12 PM »
If he would have admitted to using, he would not be facing an indictment.  Its the lie not the drugs.
That did hurt him, no question about that. But what's hurt him even more is his attitude in the situation. Take Giambi, he said he did it, said he was sorry, said he wouldn't do it again, and Giambi hasn't missed a beat and the press has pretty much left him alone. No, whether he meant he was sorry or not is irrelevant, but the appearance of remorse is all that mattered in his case. As for Bonds, he has been very defensive throughout and come off as someone with a giant chip on his shoulder and because of this, he has been nearly destroyed by the media in the public eye. It's really a shame, steroids or not, Bonds is one of the greatest ball players of all time. You could give the same steroids to every ball player in MLB and it is not likely that one of them would even come close to the numbers Bonds has put up. So what should Bonds do? Should he apologize and take more of the route some of his counterparts have taken? Well, it wouldn't hurt, but at this point it's probably to late for it to do any good. The best thing he can do now is get the best legal council money can buy and hope for the best.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 06:24:05 AM »
Arnold--couldn't agree with your post more.  He's such an arrogant fcuk that he thought that he could lie and not be found out.  In his warped mind he thinks that he can out smart the process.  But for that to happen, everyone has to tell the same lie.  So, if no one else is lying, it blows up in his face.  That and all the written records showing what he took and when don't help either--what a fool.

hendog

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 06:22:37 PM »
My whole point of view with the legal issues of steroids is this, until you make alcohol, nicotine and tabaco products illegal then don't tell me what I should be taking for personal use. When was the last time you heard of a steroid induced DUI wreck or how many cancer patients attribute steroid use to the cause? If big brother wants to look out for my heath and better interests he can start by fucking off and staying out of my business until he is prepared to look out for everyone elses. >:( This whole campaign on the evils of steroid use is based solely on the premise that they haven't figured out a way to tax them and distribute them for profit. The rest of the issues are all window dressing and bullshit.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 11:44:09 AM »
My whole point of view with the legal issues of steroids is this, until you make alcohol, nicotine and tabaco products illegal then don't tell me what I should be taking for personal use. When was the last time you heard of a steroid induced DUI wreck or how many cancer patients attribute steroid use to the cause? If big brother wants to look out for my heath and better interests he can start by fucking off and staying out of my business until he is prepared to look out for everyone elses. >:( This whole campaign on the evils of steroid use is based solely on the premise that they haven't figured out a way to tax them and distribute them for profit. The rest of the issues are all window dressing and bullshit.

^
Thats my boy right there
ah yeah Im a voodo child

hendog

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 04:28:13 PM »
^
Thats my boy right there
But seriously, doesn't it piss you guys off too? It is uneducated, hypacritical people like that shouldn't be calling the shots. If they want to legalize it and tax it fine, I will gladly pay the taxes and be on my marry way. Set an age limit maybe like they have for both tabaco and alcohol which would also be a grand idea. Hell if we are really worried about health in this country then lets ban the big mac or pizza hut. Oh well, like my opinion matters in the real world. :-\ I intend to keep on doing what I do and I will look and feel alot better than those who stand in judgement of me for it. Poetic justice, brothers.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 04:10:55 AM »
just came in last night that hes not going to be indicted...but he still might face perjury charges

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 06:26:06 AM »
Lets remeber though, until he test positive he is innocent and not lying. Remeber, he can use HGH and still pass the test as they do not have the technology to test for HGH yet.

Journeyman

• Getbig II
  • BIGGER STRONGER FASTER!
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 01:05:47 PM »
doesnt matter anyway if those homers are 450ft or 425ft they where still going to be homers AAS doesnt make you be able to hit the ball period years of practice and skill make that happen however it may put a little extra on the power aspect.....you think those pitchers go out there day in and day out and throw 95-100mph balls everyday and in no ways are enhanced!
Journeyman

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 01:59:01 PM »
doesnt matter anyway if those homers are 450ft or 425ft they where still going to be homers AAS doesnt make you be able to hit the ball period years of practice and skill make that happen however it may put a little extra on the power aspect.....you think those pitchers go out there day in and day out and throw 95-100mph balls everyday and in no ways are enhanced!

Nolan Ryan and Randy Johnson regularly threw 100 mph fastballs and never used gear-----  bonds however, never hit close to the homeruns he hits today while he was skinny-------- sure bat speed and skill is what it takes to hit the ball -------but when a 250 lb bodybuilder gets a hold of a baseball--- what would normally be a foul tip is a 400 yard homer---- the muscle projects the ball much farther
ah yeah Im a voodo child

Journeyman

• Getbig II
  • BIGGER STRONGER FASTER!
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 05:33:06 PM »
2 guys of how many today? maybe a few more back then true enough when juiced up if you get hold of a pitch youre going to power it out. but i still feel (well when i go on my first cycle i'll say then)anyhow those other guys giambi,palmeiro canseco etc need to keep their f@#king mouth shut period and then they have nothing!!!!
Journeyman