Author Topic: Mr Getbig becomes Mr Anybody  (Read 4398 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Mr Getbig becomes Mr Anybody
« on: July 15, 2006, 02:38:49 AM »
Oliver "Weider" Klaushof, the "man in charge" of the Mr Getbig competition just revealed:

"There's no time requirement.

You join getbig, you're eligible."

Great. The moron is burying his own competition. Now anyone, from anywhere, can and will sign up for Getbig, mail a picture before sep 22th and walk away with the prizes  ::)

You think there's no people that are in shape on the rest of the boards? Bodybuilding.com got 329,000+ members on their forums, Musclemag.com got 106,000+ members on theirs.

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Mr Getbig becomes Mr Anybody
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 02:41:02 AM »
Oh yeah, Getbig got 13,902 members, just to give you an idea...
Z

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 02:57:44 AM »
Oliver "Weider" Klaushof, the "man in charge" of the Mr Getbig competition just revealed:

"There's no time requirement.

You join getbig, you're eligible."

Great. The moron is burying his own competition. Now anyone, from anywhere, can and will sign up for Getbig, mail a picture before sep 22th and walk away with the prizes  ::)

You think there's no people that are in shape on the rest of the boards? Bodybuilding.com got 329,000+ members on their forums, Musclemag.com got 106,000+ members on theirs.

Hahaha.

You're kidding.

Right?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 03:01:49 AM »
Here's a half dozen photos of different members I've found on one of those other sites, this is taken from the first 3 pages of their photoalbum of members, outta 794 (!) pages of photos (9518 photos in all)

Sure put things in perspective doesn't it, when you all of a sudden is up against the rest of the net.

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 03:03:59 AM »
A few more...
Z

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 03:05:05 AM »
Kidding about what?

Nevermind.

I just read Oliver Weider's idea for "one month sign up".

Monster Body For-fcuking-Life coming up.

Someone might as well get Bill Phillips hooked up on this shtick.

And did someone ask Ron if he's cool with all these sponsors being brought in?  8)

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Platz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 03:05:53 AM »
Is the last one Daddy Waddy?

LOL

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 03:10:08 AM »
Nevermind.

I just read Oliver Weider's idea for "one month sign up".

Monster Body For-fcuking-Life coming up.

Someone might as well get Bill Phillips hooked up on this shtick.

And did someone ask Ron if he's cool with all these sponsors being brought in?  8)

YIP
Zack

There's no one month sign up, people can sign up AT ANY TIME.

Here's the link to the thread where he says so, posted today:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=83940.0

As for asking Ron, why would they bother? They're so full of themselves they think they run the place.

Monster ego trip.
Z

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 03:10:44 AM »
isn't this a good thing for getbig? credible bbers showing the haters that maybe getbig isn't just a peanut gallery out of their mom's basement?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 03:11:48 AM »
Is the last one Daddy Waddy?

LOL

Don't know who it is, I just picked the first half a dozen photos or so that I saw that looked decent. There's so many people on there that can sweep that prize money in a second if they ever hear about this competition...

Don't tell Adonis to go to that site, his ego will be crushed.
Z

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 03:13:30 AM »
come on lads, dont be put off! Win it for the Board! Not scared of losing now are you??? I wonder if it will coax a certain Shawn Ray out of retirement lol

Scouser on Tour

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006, 03:41:46 AM »
Well, it depends on the main agenda this competition has:

* Is Mr.Getbig mainly a way to promote Getbig and to drive more members here?

* Is the competition a way go gain more bashing material?

* Is this a celebration of how great Getbig is, and a way to unify the members of "teh Getbig family"?

* Is the goal to make the sponsors get as much back for their sponsoring dollars?

* Is this a way for certain members to prove themselves?`

In any way, the agenda should be reflected in the rules. I think that it is good for Getbig and the sponsors to have the rules as they are now, because it's the best way to drive more people on here, both private and corporate interests, which then could amplify the business and competition opportunities for members and Getbig itself at some point in the future. If this competition only includes a handful of Getbiggers, it will not generate the same amount of interest and future opportunity of different kinds, and at the expense of some members chance to win, it's worth it.

I would say it's about members to go up against other members, on this site. Not the whole world. And not about promoting Getbig, I'm starting to wonder if this competition is even cleared with Ron, I would think nobody would be so stupid to bring something like this along without him OK'ing it, but then again, it's the Squad mastermind Oliver Klaushof that put it together...  ::)

Z

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 03:42:09 AM »
Good point Bluto, they (the entrants) should have to have been members of GB before the contest was announced!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 03:51:09 AM »
Good point Bluto, they (the entrants) should have to have been members of GB before the contest was announced!

"Oliver is pretty smart, but Oliver's a child, and when it comes to arranging contests, I am his father. He comes to me for advices."

Z

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2006, 04:15:52 AM »

I agree

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2006, 07:02:43 AM »
I see you guys' point.  I have no agenda, other than making it a big payday for the to p10 guys.

I came up with that 1 month out because I got a few emails from very interested competitors who aren't registered, who only lurk. 

Anyone have any ideas for a solution which prevents last minute ringers, but doesn't hurt thost ppl who read everyday but never post, who want to compete?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2006, 07:05:37 AM »
I see you guys' point.  I have no agenda, other than making it a big payday for the to p10 guys.

I came up with that 1 month out because I got a few emails from very interested competitors who aren't registered, who only lurk. 

Anyone have any ideas for a solution which prevents last minute ringers, but doesn't hurt thost ppl who read everyday but never post, who want to compete?
That is the poser 240, and one that needs to be rectified, for the sake of fairness.  It would be a shame for the home-grown talent to get sniped by some 'ringer.'

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2006, 07:15:48 AM »
That is the poser 240, and one that needs to be rectified, for the sake of fairness.  It would be a shame for the home-grown talent to get sniped by some 'ringer.'

okay, well since word hasn't spread too much outside of getbig, we can reasonably assume that anyone who reads now is probably a regular reader.  Should the time be very very soon to register?  Let's hear some voices on this.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 07:53:21 AM »
doesn't matter, Oliver made the rule. It is now official. Works out good for Ron, should get a shitload of new members. btw, I am not saying I like it, but rules are rules. At least that cocky Adonis has zero chance of placing now.
E

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 08:00:23 AM »
Good luck shipping some of these prizes through customs - and for one hell of a cost at that.
Motherboy (the band).

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 08:43:13 AM »
I honestly don't find nothing wrong with it.  It means that some of you will need to simply train harder to go up against the competiton.  With all the prizes and money being given out, I would not expect it to be any other way
A

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2006, 08:46:07 AM »
the funny thing is Vince, EVERY ONE OF THOSE PICS shown above completely own you! ha ha ha

train as hard as you like, youll always suck
Scouser on Tour

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2006, 09:29:16 AM »

maybe you should allow people who were members since 1-1-2006 enter at any time up to contest day, and all others who havent registered with getbig must register and enter their name for the contest by a certain date....say 3-4 weeks

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2006, 09:36:09 AM »
the funny thing is Vince, EVERY ONE OF THOSE PICS shown above completely own you! ha ha ha

train as hard as you like, youll always suck

The pictures are good but not great.  Easy light work. 
A

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2006, 09:44:14 AM »
man i dont know whether to hate you for your stupidity or admire you for your overwhelming dillusional self belief!
Scouser on Tour